ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DLA and Carer's Allowance

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nael
Newly Registered

DLA and Carer's Allowance

Post by nael » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi

Thank for help and support provided by this group whenever needed.

Here is my situation, my husband and two children have British Citizenship. I have FLR(M) (first extension). I am in country since may 2013 but due to clockswitch, i am completing 7 years and still looking at one more extension. I have few questions:
1. My son will be 7 before my FLR(M) extension end, can i try to apply ILR on that basis (i am not a single parent, i live with my husband).
2. My son has special needs and we are in receipt of DLA. We want to claim carer's allowance. Can i apply on my name as I am main carer or it must be on my husband's name.
3. I am exempt from meeting financial requirements, if i have to apply for flrm second extension?

My timeline
- Granted PSW Dependent 31st April 2013
- Entered UK 28th May 2013
- Granted PBS dependent (tier 1 entrepreneur dependent) on 11th Feb 2015
- Granted FLRM on 5th April 2018 and expiring in October 2020.

Thank you for all your help and guidance.

Best Regards
Nael

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: DLA and Carer's Allowance

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:56 pm

1. My son will be 7 before my FLR(M) extension end, can i try to apply ILR on that basis (i am not a single parent, i live with my husband).
There is no such ilr route for you based on a child turning 7.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:42 pm

nael wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:01 pm
my husband and two children have British Citizenship. I have FLR(M) (first extension).

2. My son has special needs and we are in receipt of DLA. We want to claim carer's allowance. Can i apply on my name as I am main carer or it must be on my husband's name.
Not you. Carer's Allowance is a Public Fund.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... blic-funds

Your husband might be able to claim.
https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/eligibility

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:09 pm

If your husband receives Carers Allowance then you’d be exempt from the Financial Requirement under Appendix FM. It would be adequate maintenance and accommodation.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.