ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming benefits affecting PR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Maxis1
Newly Registered

Claiming benefits affecting PR

Post by Maxis1 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:58 pm

Hello everyone, apologies if this has been already answered as I did my research and saw a few similar threads but each had a differences.

So I just had a baby with a new EEA partner and I still have my RC I got with the help of previous partner but the divorce is about to be finalised in the court. I have been working full time since the divorce proceedings started and now the new partner wants to apply for Universal Credit. But the forms state that we both apply. I don't want to apply if it affects my PR which is the next step for me after the divorce as I have fulfilled the 5 year requirement and ex was working full time all these years and still is doing so. So what's the advice you would give? Is it safe for me to go ahead and apply? Doesn't seem to be any other option as she can't claim to be single which would be fraud. Any info or tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Amber
Mood:

Re: Claiming benefits affecting PR

Post by Amber » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:10 pm

You mean applying for ILR under Appendix EU of the Immigration Rules and no claiming benefits shouldn’t affect this.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.