ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Smartpen

ILR Dependent Visa English requirement

Post by Smartpen » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:28 pm

Hi,
My wife entered the UK under Tier1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa route in May 2018. Now I got ILR in March 2019, now her T1E dependent visa expires in 19th August 2019. As she already in UK does she require English Language certificate (UK Naric for overseas academic) and I am also confusing what application I need to use.
can you please help me?

Regards,
Smartpen
Smart

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Dependent Visa English requirement

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:20 pm

Your have previously confirmed that you got ILR under the long residence route. Your wife cannot stay under PBS route as she must switch to FLR(M) and start her 5 years from scratch. FLR(M) route has income requirement in addition to the the English language requirement
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Smartpen

Post by Smartpen » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:10 pm

Yes, I got ILR through Long residence. Thank you for your reply.
Smart

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Form flr m. Yes she needs English A1 minimum or naric English and comparable assessment. Both cost the same, £150.

Her clock for ilr based in 5 years residence will also reset to zero.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Smartpen

Spouse Visa

Post by Smartpen » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:58 am

Hi,
As you guys aware as my previous post tells that I am applying entry clearance to my wife as a spouse of a settled person from India.
One more doubt on this application does she need to take Tuberculosis Test as she lived 15 months in United Kingdom. She left UK on 18th of August 2019.

thanks & regards,
Smartpen
Smart

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Smartpen wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:58 am
Hi,
As you guys aware as my previous post tells that I am applying entry clearance to my wife as a spouse of a settled person from India.
One more doubt on this application does she need to take Tuberculosis Test as she lived 15 months in United Kingdom. She left UK on 18th of August 2019.

thanks & regards,
Smartpen
Who does not need to be tested

You will not need a TB test if any of the following apply:

you’re a diplomat accredited to the UK
you’re a returning UK resident and have not been away for more than 2 years
you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months
https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Smartpen

Post by Smartpen » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:57 pm

Thank you.

Regards,
Smartpen
Smart

Smartpen

Post by Smartpen » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:21 pm

Hi,
I am making my wife's
spouse of a settled person (ILR)
application from India (outside UK) on my own. As application process is an online can I submit all the documents such as my/her payslips, bank statements, English Language requirement, previous BRP, UK Address Proof, Council Tax, marriage certificate and house contract Digital as I'm in India too.

What is the difference between PBS Dependant Partner and Spouse of a settled person are the both same or different? this is confusing me.

I am applying as Spouse of settled person (ILR) Am I right?

Thanks & Regards,
Smartpen
Smart

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Process to send your documents outside the UK is different. The online system tells you what to do
What is the difference between PBS Dependant Partner and Spouse of a settled person are the both same or different? this is confusing me.
I am applying as Spouse of settled person (ILR) Am I right?
If you are on PBS visa (Tier 1,2,etc), then your family members can be here under PBS dependants. Otherwise, they should apply under family route as you are applying
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:11 pm

Smartpen wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:21 pm
Hi,
I am making my wife's
spouse of a settled person (ILR)
application from India (outside UK) on my own. As application process is an online can I submit all the documents such as my/her payslips, bank statements, English Language requirement, previous BRP, UK Address Proof, Council Tax, marriage certificate and house contract Digital as I'm in India too.
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/in/en/vacs/ ... -documents
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:34 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:50 pm
Smartpen wrote:
Hi,

thanks & regards,
Smartpen

you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months
Spouse is not a returning resident.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:54 am

vinny wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:34 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:50 pm
Smartpen wrote:
Hi,

thanks & regards,
Smartpen

Spouse is not a returning resident.
Yes she is not a UK returning resident but even the last yellow highlighted text is not relevant here either. Because exemption will only come into play where the applicant is living with a valid visa in that country (which is exempted from TB requirement) and if he returns there within 6 months while still having the valid visa then he will be exempted. For example an Indian national living on work visa in UAE who left UAE for 4 months and now returning there and applying spouse visa.
But op's situation is different as she returned to her home country after her visa expiry and now she is a resident there.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:12 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:54 am
...but even the last yellow highlighted text is not relevant here either.
It is relevant. See below.
Smartpen wrote:
...she lived 15 months in United Kingdom. She left UK on 18th of August 2019.
The text you highlighted is the bit that's not relevant.

Have a go at having the last word.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:34 am

Korekt wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:12 am
seagul wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:54 am
...but even the last yellow highlighted text is not relevant here either.
It is relevant. See below.
Smartpen wrote:
...she lived 15 months in United Kingdom. She left UK on 18th of August 2019.
The text you highlighted is the bit that's not relevant.

Have a go at having the last word.
I m sure you haven't read the very first post:
Smartpen wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:28 pm

now her T1E dependent visa expires in 19th August 2019
Her visa was expired when left and move back home although she is sorting out her visa but now she is the resident of her own country (same as said previously). There are thousands of threads are available where applicants apply the spouse visa from a different country where they are legally living with visa.

Smartpen

Post by Smartpen » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:59 am

Thank you guys for your info anyways better side I will take her TB test.

Regards,
Smartpen
Smart