ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strategy to solve E.U 1 Issue?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:30 pm

astartes wrote:I won't be posting further on this site..
Right, ok. Well, err, thanks for dropping by. :?

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:47 pm

My dear Asartes ... I am so glad that you know who i am, because i don't have an idea who you are ... but please .. do enlighten me ... "Nice try" ... what exactly are you talking about? And who precicely do you think is "making exucses for Ireland"? Slightly paranoid schizophrenic tendencies there. You seem to be fighting arguments that weren't even made! What post are you referring to? Who exactly "made excuses for Ireland"?

And you "work for the EU" .... wooooooooo .... are we supposed to be impressed or something ... because as you say, "you are an insider in the EU". Give me a break! Who do you think you are fooling? But honestly though, thanks so much for "enlightening" us as to how "you insders in the EU" feel about Ireland and "it's status"! So glad to have had you around (albeit temporarily) to give us the unsolicited "insider" update :)

On a more serious note, where do you get off insulting other members of this forum by inferring that they are "victims who do not put up a fight". The people here are generally ALL here because they wish to put up a fight and are looking for more info. We have generally all had to face all kinds of hassle from the Immigration systems of various countries and on this forum, especially Ireland. How much do you actually know about how much the people on this forum are fighting for their rights in this country? And to put it in perspective, check out the Europe forum if only to see that it isn't all plain sailing when non-EU spouses venture into the rest of the EU. You aren't on this forum a wet week and you have the nerve to make such a generalised comment on people who post here?

Get off your high horse. Personally I am glad to hear you won't be posting again. I don't think you had much worth posting anyway. You never bothered to properly read any post that was written so your responses were quite off topic and inflamatory. As Jack Nicholson / Melvin Udhall once said "Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here!"

astartes

Post by astartes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:48 pm

Scrudu darling,

you should stop mistaking the European Commission and Council for idiots. Unless you want to see your names and tactics openly discussed in the press, and your funding dry up.

You are playing with fire.

I strongly suggest that you urgently start doing your jobs correctly. Assuming that you are capable of that.
The European Commission is responsible for ensuring that Community law is applied properly in the Member States. If necessary, the Commission reminds Member States of their responsibilities for implementing Community law and for enforcing it properly. In some cases, if a Member State fails to fulfill these obligations, the Commission may initiate proceedings before the European Court of Justice which decides whether or not European Community law has been infringed.
Last edited by astartes on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:40 pm

astartes, please do us all a favour and shut up with your crap, and stop spamming the whole Irish board with your nonsense. Complete pain in the back you are... get a life, or at least try to get on with your current one.

And if you don't like it, then leave...but just stop putting up these silly messages. (and btw... no, I am not Irish but one of the previously affected EU citizens)
astartes wrote:Scrudu darling,

you should stop mistaking the European Commission and Council for idiots. Unless you want to see your names and tactics openly discussed in the press, and your funding dry up.

You are playing with fire.

I strongly suggest that you urgently start doing your jobs correctly. Assuming that you are capable of that.
The European Commission is responsible for ensuring that Community law is applied properly in the Member States. If necessary, the Commission reminds Member States of their responsibilities for implementing Community law and for enforcing it properly. In some cases, if a Member State fails to fulfill these obligations, the Commission may initiate proceedings before the European Court of Justice which decides whether or not European Community law has been infringed.

astartes

Post by astartes » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:28 am

I don't live in Ireland and would never want to.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:44 am

Asartes: mistake the EU Commission or Council for idiots
<sigh> I won't bother to respond to that. Did you bother to read my post before replying? You are really cracking me up with this "I know who you are" theme. Please, do "name and shame". I'm dying to know who you think I am :)
Your really seem to be loosing the plot. Perhaps a career in writing conspiracy theories would be more suitable for you, that is if the EU powers can spare you!

As you so obviously once again did not read dsab85's post either, dsab85 was not referring to you leaving Ireland, rather to leaving the Forum. I wholeheartedly agree. Give us all a break from your pointless rhetoric.

martind
Newly Registered

Post by martind » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:14 pm

Astartes does come across as someone who dislikes Ireland for some reason, and he/she does sound authoritarian and biased.

But I don't see anyone addressing his/her arguments or those of First-Class Moron and others. Personal attacks and attempts to ridicule critics can't substitute for evidence and logic.

It does seem that the ECJ believes that Ireland acted against EU legislation, and the arguments of the Irish government in the case are a shame. They sound exactly like what people used to say about Irish immigrants to the UK only a few decades ago. :(

It isn't believable that any victim of this situation would actively defend the behavior of the Irish Govt or launch obsessive personal attacks against its critics. It does look like some people here are more concerned with framing the debate and eliminating deeper criticism than with addressing immigration issues from a perspective sympathetic to the problems of immigrants.

Based on my life experience I would have to say that scrudu's behavior does seem inconsistent with the claims he/she makes about himself/herself.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:50 pm

Martind: Were Astartes to write a logical argument, I would respond to it. So far in the 40 or so posts written by astartes, I haven't found one to be either sensible or useful, and found each lacking in any evidence or logic. I suggest you read up on all posts by astartes before joining his campaign.

Quite obviously the ECJ believes that Ireland did not act in the spirit of the Directive, and that is exactly what this court case as shown. And that's exactly what immigrants in this country have been fighting for since this came into force in 2005. That's the whole point isn't it?! What "arguments of the Irish government" are you referring to?

Who is "defending the behaviour of the Irish Govt"? I'm not sure what you mean by "framing the debate, and eliminating deeper criticism", but if you are referring to me, you're sadly mistaken. Another newbie poster who hasn't bothered to check up who they are commenting to. hmmmm sounds suspiciously like astartes to me!
martinb wrote:Based on my life experience I would have to say that scrudu's behavior does seem inconsistent with the claims he/she makes about himself/herself.
oh lord spare us ... so I joined the site in 2005 to make up a fictious story asking for help for my own situation, and have carried on the charade so that in 2008 I can "quash the wonderful debate that is going on on this website"? Again, sounds suspiciously like an astartes post!

martind
Newly Registered

Post by martind » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:56 pm

You sound extremely paranoid for someone who accuses others of that. Since you claim to have suffered as an immigrant to Ireland, I find it difficult to understand your attitude. You are clearly trying to place bounds on the discussion. Perhaps you simply don't understand the concept of free speech.:cry:

You might be annoyed with the arrogance of some posters, but your attempt to frame and bound the discussion just doesn't fit. Will you attack me now as well ? :roll:

martind
Newly Registered

Post by martind » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:22 pm

Wow.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:13 pm

MartinD/Astartes, please feel free to take your multiple personalities elsewhere.Using an internet anonymizer/proxy server doesn't really work sometimes.
thanks.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:25 pm

archigabe wrote:MartinD/Astartes, please feel free to take your multiple personalities elsewhere.Using an internet anonymizer/proxy server doesn't really work sometimes.
thanks.
lol.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:07 am