ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigrating to Ireland.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nnedinma
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Immigrating to Ireland.

Post by Nnedinma » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:13 am

Please,can anyone help me out? I'm a Nigeria but my spouse is a British,we have been looking for the possible means to join him but UK kept refusing to grant my application. I heard that with Ireland you can easily get a visa. Now my spouse has immigrated to Ireland last week,gotten a job and paid for a house, please what next should we do? and which visa should I apply for to join him? And what are the requirements? Thank you.

DanaMarie
Ireland

Re: Immigrating to Ireland.

Post by DanaMarie » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:38 pm

Normally as your husband is exercising EU treaty rights you would follow that process to join him. However, with Brexit looming there has been no determination what rights non-EU spouses of UK nationals residing in Ireland will have under the Common Travel Area which is what will continue to govern UK-Ireland residence rights after Brexit. Here's an interesting article written in October. Is there any possibility that your UK spouse has Irish lineage which would allow him to apply for citizenship?
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 60772.html

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:25 pm

There is no "easily" getting a visa anywhere, especially when you have been repeatedly refused a visa by the UK. You should probably start by giving more information as to why your visa is repeatedly rejected in the UK. Ireland and the UK share immigration history so they will see all your history anyway.

Ireland has been long seen as a back door to access the UK, so immigration is stepping up these years.

EU Treaty Rights route is much easier than the domestic route, but this window will be closing in 44 days. After that, domestic rules will apply, and Ireland and the UK are likely to come up with the same set of rules.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:48 pm

It is not true, no settlement route will be closing for British citizens and their family members in 44 days.

Under the withdrawal agreement, there will be a transitional route which will last until 31-12-2020 at least. After that period, those British citizen who had been exercising treaty rights in the state and the spouse they married before the 31-12-2020, will continue to have access to EU law after withdrawal.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:12 am

Obie wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:48 pm
It is not true, no settlement route will be closing for British citizens and their family members in 44 days.

Under the withdrawal agreement, there will be a transitional route which will last until 31-12-2020 at least. After that period, those British citizen who had been exercising treaty rights in the state and the spouse they married before the 31-12-2020, will continue to have access to EU law after withdrawal.
Hi,

Does the same apply to Family re-union of elderly dependent parents?

Also I think after 30 Dec 2020 or after transition period UK Citizens will loose their right to excersize EU treaty right of free movement.

I mentioned below link in my own post already, I wonder if this document is still valid

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/b ... s_en_0.pdf

Roscoe1
Newly Registered

Post by Roscoe1 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:58 am

That is indeed the case. The WA applies to dependant family members where the dependency exist before the end of the WA. The free movement rights ends in December 2020 as it stands for those people who wishes to exercise that right after December 2020, it doesn't apply to people who have exercised that right before December 2020. Especially if the amendment that the government is currently making to the bill passes today, which is most likely to do, I don't see the free movement right existing beyond the said date.

Nnedinma
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Nnedinma » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:52 pm

Nnedinma wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:13 am
Please,can anyone help me out? I'm a Nigeria but my spouse is a British,we have been looking for the possible means to join him but UK kept refusing to grant my application. I heard that with Ireland you can easily get a visa. Now my spouse has immigrated to Ireland last week,gotten a job and paid for a house, please what next should we do? and which visa should I apply for to join him? And what are the requirements? Thank you.
Nnedinma wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:13 am
Thank you everyone.

Nnedinma
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Nnedinma » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:12 pm

Thank you everyone for your quick respond. Unfortunately,most people didn't understand my question but I will have to do a repost.
I and my hubby are Nigerian,but my hubby stays in UK but now a British citizen but i stay in Nigeria while my hubby stays in UK, 5 years ago my hubby invited me to UK but my visa could not be granted because of poor fund in my account. After some years I applied for France and Latvia tourist visa they were not successful. Now my hubby has agreed to move to Ireland where it will be much easier to bring me over. He just moved to Ireland 2weeks ago, he got an accommodation which he has paid for but he is still looking for a job. My question now is what next should we do for me to join him and what are the requirements and the easiest means for me to join him? Thank you.

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:40 am

He will need to find a job or start a course or show self sufficiency with funds in his account to exercise Eu treaty rights. Once he is exercising treaty rights you can apply for join spouse Eu visa from your country. You will receive a visa that will allow you to enter Ireland. Then you will need to apply from Ireland