ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general to ILR application questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zaikazoo
Newly Registered
Russia

Tier 2 general to ILR application questions

Post by zaikazoo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:18 pm

I am about to apply for ILR .

Currently I am on tier2(general) visa. I change my sponsor in May 2019, but I've been in UK only on tier 2 visas.

My first visa was issued on 18.01.2015,
I entered UK on 08.02.2015

I understand that based on 28 days rule the eraliest day I can apply for ILR is 21.12.2019 ?

My absences from UK were all personal and as follows:
Year | All days | working days (excluding weekends and bank holidays)
2015 40 26
2016 50 26
2017 45 20
2018 49 23
2019 57 37

Also, my home country retained my expired passport when I exchnged it to the new one, which happen in November 2015. SO i don't have a passport with my original visa. Should I try to include some cover letter with email confirmations for flights I took in 2015?

Overall, could you please take a look and comment if I forgot some docs.

Currently I plan to present following documentation:
  • passport
  • brp
  • Life in Uk passed test - reference number
  • English language sertificate (IELTS Life Skills B1 - passed)
  • letter from current employer stating that they need me in foreseable future
  • absence letters from current and previous employers
  • Payslips from 3 last months ( in the current employer letter they also stated that these are valid payslips)
  • last 3 months bank statements showing that I received my salary
  • Declaration to confirm concent
What should I include as an evidence of my immigration status?

Also, when I changed the jobs, I was already on my current sponsor visa, but before I start my new job I went for 1 months holidays (20 working days) away from the UK, neither of employers absence letters cover this period. Should I include the explanation in the cover letter?

Thank you