ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RIBA route timeline + Do I need to be tested for tuberculosis?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Exception_Arch
Newly Registered
Mood:
Christmas Island

RIBA route timeline + Do I need to be tested for tuberculosis?

Post by Exception_Arch » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:37 pm

Hello!

I will be posting updates on my application here for other people's reference. I found this forum extremely helpful in my application so I want to give back! I am an architect (the only one on this forum from what I understand) and am applying for endorsement via Arts Council England and RIBA.

My timeline so far:

Stage 1
Feasibility investigation: August I basically examined my potential evidence against the guidelines but was also exploring other visa routes.
Gathering evidence October + November
Submitted application and mailed documents: December 18
Documents arrived: December 19
URN received: December 20 I love the efficiency here

The part that delayed the process the most was the letters of support. The people writing the letters were very busy and we had a back and forth process of multiple drafts. It also took some time to select the strongest 10 pieces of evidence out of a possible pool of 37. I am applying for exceptional promise. Hopefully this works out!

While I am waiting I figured I might get tested for tuberculosis if it is necessary. I am a bit confused if I need to be tested as I currently reside in the UK but will have to travel to Malaysia to apply for the visa. I am currently on a tier 4 visa and therefore ineligible to switch. I have lived in the UK for the past 7 years and have never left the country for any duration longer than 2 months. I don't think I am at risk of bringing in any foreign ailments into the country. If I do have tuberculosis, it is surely of British origin. But I do believe this poses some issue with the process in Malaysia as residents of Malaysia need to be tested for tuberculosis. I am assuming that a Malaysian applicant applying in Malaysia is probably assumed as a resident of Malaysia. So I have a feeling that I may have to either be unnecessarily tested for tuberculosis to suit the bureaucratic assumption, or provide evidence that I normally live in the UK and am only applying for this visa to continue my normal life. I've been tested for tuberculosis before and it was a bit pricey and annoying so I would prefer to avoid being tested.