ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A Question about PR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

agganesh
Newly Registered

A Question about PR

Post by agganesh » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:03 pm

I am about to get the PR in the UK in next few months. I got married in July 2001 in India and brought my wife to UK immediately on Dependent visa.
1. Can she also apply for the PR along with me?
2. If so, does she have to fill-up different applicaiton form?
3. She is in India for last 3 months and will be back in another couple of months before applying for the PR. Will the long stay out of the UK affect her application?

Please help me on these queries. Thanks a million.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:15 am

Ganesh

1. You can include your wife and any children under 18 as dependents in the relevant SET (letter) application form you submit for IRL. If you are successful they will get ILR in line with you. However any children under 18 and born to you in the UK before the grant of ILR can apply for registration as British Citizens once you get ILR. Any children born to you in the UK after you have ILR will be British Citzens by birth but only if you are married to their mother at the time of birth. You must submit documents proving the relevant relationship i.e. marriage certificate fro your wife and full birth certificates namin the parents for your children.

2. No - include her details in your form. This also means you pay one fee = GBP 155 for postal application or GBP 250 for an in person application at a Public Enquiry Office. The advantage of an in person application is that you may get a decision on the same day if your application is complete and all appropriate documents are submitted. You do not tell us what status you hold (I assume its WP) - some ILR applications cannot be dealt with on an in person/same day basis and must therefore be posted to the Home Office.

3. No. However to be included in your ILR application she must be present in the UK on the day you submit the application and of course until a decision is made. Note that the absences will impact on the residence requirement for naturalisation as a British Citizen in any future applications for such.

Good Luck
Last edited by Kayalami on Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

agganesh
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by agganesh » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:36 pm

Kayalami, Many thanks for the clarification.