ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First child passport after Parents ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

softwareluv
India

First child passport after Parents ILR

Post by softwareluv » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:45 pm

Hi All,

Me and my wife received ILR in October and now applying for British passport for our children.
1. Child 1 born before ILR so applied and received British citizenship certificate using MN1 form online. Now want to apply for British passport for her.
2. Child 2 born in October 2019 after we received ILR, so I suppose he is british citizen by default so no need to apply using MN1 or any applications?

My questions are:
1. For child 2 (born after ILR) do I need to apply/submit any forms before applying for his british passport?
2. Online british passport application asks for both grandparent's birth certificate or marriage certificate. Is it required? both grand parents are Indians and do not have birth certificates as they are very old and do not have marriage certificates handy

I really appreciate if someone can answer these questions for me.
Thanks in advance
Raj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First child passport after Parents ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:50 pm

1. No, passport directly.

2. Grandparents documents NOT required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

softwareluv
India

Post by softwareluv » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:07 pm

Thanks CR001 for quick reply.
When I filled in application, it shows documents to send as shown in below screenshot:
Should I just ignore that?
I have filled in both grandparent's information in online form but not sure what to do about their documents?

Raj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:16 pm

The same form is used for all children,those born to British families and those born to ilr families.

Ignore the grandparent stuff. The details doesn't even need to be in the form, you could have simply said details unknown.

Only child birth cert and possible your marriage cert and evidence of ILR etc is required.

Assuming of course your ilr is dated before the child's birth.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

softwareluv
India

Post by softwareluv » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:19 pm

Thanks CR001.
Your reply is very helpful as always.
I can submit applications with confidence now.
Raj

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:22 pm

softwareluv wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:45 pm
Hi All,

Me and my wife received ILR in October and now applying for British passport for our children.
1. Child 1 born before ILR so applied and received British citizenship certificate using MN1 form online. Now want to apply for British passport for her.
2. Child 2 born in October 2019 after we received ILR, so I suppose he is british citizen by default so no need to apply using MN1 or any applications?

My questions are:
1. For child 2 (born after ILR) do I need to apply/submit any forms before applying for his british passport?
2. Online british passport application asks for both grandparent's birth certificate or marriage certificate. Is it required? both grand parents are Indians and do not have birth certificates as they are very old and do not have marriage certificates handy

I really appreciate if someone can answer these questions for me.
Thanks in advance
Raj
The application form only asks for grandparents names, date of birth and date of marriage (if known). no marriage certificate or certifate of birth of grandparent is required.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.