ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dede_2020
Newly Registered

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Dede_2020 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:29 am

shooroma wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:21 am
Dede_2020 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:56 pm
Please help apply for further submition 29 aug 19 received 2 letter on 27th nov one for biometric done 13th dec on Croydon as no more post office biometric and kids original birth certificate and British passport and more Gp and school letters which it is sent to them 30th nov 2019 didn’t receive the kids original documents as been sent 3 weeks ago kindly explain what that mean I am so stress
Thanks for every one
Hi Dede,
I agree with Sam,I think its just a matter of waiting now since you have submitted all that they have requested and it appears you have a strong chance, but I dont know the details of your case history.

All the best
Thank for all replies I am failed asylum with no more rights to appeal single mother with 3 British kids obtain there citizenship after asylum appeals finished apply for further sumbistion based on article 8 on Nass financial support submit on Liverpool myself and they took copy from original documents and gave it back to me now they asked again to send original that why I get confused
But same time they send biometric request

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:44 pm

Dede_2020 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:29 am
shooroma wrote:
Dede_2020 wrote:
Please help apply for further submition 29 aug 19 received 2 letter on 27th nov one for biometric done 13th dec on Croydon as no more post office biometric and kids original birth certificate and British passport and more Gp and school letters which it is sent to them 30th nov 2019 didn’t receive the kids original documents as been sent 3 weeks ago kindly explain what that mean I am so stress
Thanks for every one
Hi Dede,
I agree with Sam,I think its just a matter of waiting now since you have submitted all that they have requested and it appears you have a strong chance, but I dont know the details of your case history.

All the best
Thank for all replies I am failed asylum with no more rights to appeal single mother with 3 British kids obtain there citizenship after asylum appeals finished apply for further sumbistion based on article 8 on Nass financial support submit on Liverpool myself and they took copy from original documents and gave it back to me now they asked again to send original that why I get confused
I think you have a very strong case based on the Children being British and being a single mother. Don't worry about the Home office asking you to resubmit original documents again as they sometimes do that, they might have misplaced the previous copies , they are not very organised at times. You will soon receive your papers, just relax . :)

Dede_2020
Newly Registered

Post by Dede_2020 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:11 pm

@ shooroma thanks a lot

Dede_2020
Newly Registered

Post by Dede_2020 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:59 pm

@sam thanks a lot

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:52 pm

Dede_2020 wrote:
shooroma wrote:
Dede_2020 wrote:
Thanks for every one
Hi Dede,

All the best
@dede
Wow! Your initial claim got refused even when you had three kids and you’re a single mother. I’m really nervous for myself right now because I have 5 children, 2 born here and none of them are British and I’m a single mum too now waiting for initial decision.
How long did the home office take to make your initial decision pls?

Dede_2020
Newly Registered

Post by Dede_2020 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:42 am

Violetsareblue wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:52 pm
Dede_2020 wrote:
shooroma wrote:
Dede_2020 wrote:
Thanks for every one
Hi Dede,

All the best
@dede
Wow! Your initial claim got refused even when you had three kids and you’re a single mother. I’m really nervous for myself right now because I have 5 children, 2 born here and none of them are British and I’m a single mum too now waiting for initial decision.

Hi

My asylum claim been refused that time was have 2 kids and pregnant take 3 years to have decision and my first tribunal dismissed but that time my kids wasn’t British yet and my permission for upper tribunal been refused and few months my kid Got their citizenships and I applied for further submission please not my kids all of them under 5 (now )

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:20 am

Dede_2020 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:42 am
Violetsareblue wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:52 pm
Dede_2020 wrote:
shooroma wrote:

Hi Dede,

All the best
@dede

Hi

My asylum claim been refused that time was have 2 kids and pregnant take 3 years to have decision and my first tribunal dismissed but that time my kids wasn’t British yet and my permission for upper tribunal been refused and few months my kid Got their citizenships and I applied for further submission please not my kids all of them under 5 (now )
@Violet
Your asylum case is decided purely on asylum grounds and if there are human rights issues these give rights to a claim under articles 3, 8, mainly family and private life ,Which the home office will assess together with your asylum claim.Your children need to have resided continuously in the UK for at least 7 years or have acquired British Citizenship for you to be able to qualify for leave to remain under Family and private life grounds which is different from Asylum. So firstly the Home Office will consider your claim for asylum and if you don't qualify , they will then look to see if you qualify for any form of leave to remain under human rights laws which will result in a grant of 2.5 years Visa.
All the best

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:50 pm

rina wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:35 am
Sam makh wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:25 pm
rina wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:08 pm
@sam forgot to also ask you. Did they refund you your FLR application money? If so, when did they do it. I had my health charge refunded but not my application
No they don’t refund it, just refund health charges, i will updated after interview, if you don’t mind can you tell me where you living, so I can suggest soliciter?
[/quote
Strange as some people have been refunded that fee. Also the letter that states that I had switched applications did say they will refund application fees as I had paid for mine. Please look into that or check your letter that must have been sent to your lawyer to say that you had switched applications

I am based in London but to be honest don't think I even afford those prices. Thank you so much though.
Hey Sam you need to go back to the lawyer you used for your FLR application or speak to the HO about your application fee refund. My lawyer contacted me to say that my application fee has been refunded. A few pple have had both application fee and health subcharge refunded.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:05 pm

@shooroma
Thanks for the enlightenment. To be honest, I’m really nervous about the whole situation of my claim and the waiting time fo initial decision is driving me crazy.
Has/does anyone know the time frame for initial decision and has anyone recently been through that stage?
I made claim in January
Interview in August
Decision still waiting

jay287

Post by jay287 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:11 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:05 pm
@shooroma
Thanks for the enlightenment. To be honest, I’m really nervous about the whole situation of my claim and the waiting time fo initial decision is driving me crazy.
Has/does anyone know the time frame for initial decision and has anyone recently been through that stage?
I made claim in January
Interview in August
Decision still waiting

Hi violet. Good luck to you. We kind of similar time frame, I had my screening December 2018, I had my main interview August 2019 my claim is based on human rights and asylum. Where did you go for your main? I had mine at Solihull.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:15 pm

jay287 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:11 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
@shooroma
I made claim in January
Interview in August
Decision still waiting

Hi violet. Good luck to you. We kind of similar time frame, I had my screening December 2018, I had my main interview August 2019 my claim is based on human rights and asylum. Where did you go for your main? I had mine at Solihull.
Hello jay
I had my main interview in Croydon and it was 8 hours long with 335 questions were asked🤒. My claim is also on human right and asylum. I pray 2020 will be a year of freedom and joy for us.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:56 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:15 pm
jay287 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:11 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
@shooroma
I made claim in January
Interview in August
Decision still waiting

Hello jay
I had my main interview in Croydon and it was 8 hours long with 335 questions were asked🤒. My claim is also on human right and asylum. I pray 2020 will be a year of freedom and joy for us.

Let’s all claim! God will never for sake us. It’s very tough. Let’s pray for the freedom to be given back to us. Mine lasted for 4hrs. Did you have your biometric on the same day?

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:51 am

No
Me and my kids did biometric on screening day. For the substantive interview, we were asked to bring passport photograph for of us but the interviewer didn’t ask for them so I assume it wasn’t needed anymore.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:34 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:51 am
No
Me and my kids did biometric on screening day. For the substantive interview, we were asked to bring passport photograph for of us but the interviewer didn’t ask for them so I assume it wasn’t needed anymore.
Did you apply for right to work?

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:38 pm

Hello,

Please, when the Home Office says; "bring documents to support your claim" and you're claiming asylum on the basis of sexual orientation, what kind of documents do they expect from you? I really do not know what to bring to the screening interview with regards to this.
Thanks

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:04 pm

jay287 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:34 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
No
Not yet as it has only been 11 months since I claimed asylum. I will be apply January ending as I heard it speeds up Decision on your claim.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:11 pm

wikki wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:38 pm
Hello,

Please, when the Home Office says; "bring documents to support your claim" and you're claiming asylum on the basis of sexual orientation, what kind of documents do they expect from you? I really do not know what to bring to the screening interview with regards to this.
Thanks
Someone I know had to get evidence such as letters from witnesses who knows about your sexuality. Each witness has to give their contact details e.t.c
Evidence of visits to (gay) bar if you’ve been to prove that you’re comfortable and open with your sexuality (also pictures etc if you have them). Evidence of any prosecution if you have any ( but this can be explained during interview). Evidence from organisations to acknowledge you sexuality.
All these are ideas of evidence that you can provide to support your claim. You can also provide online articles of how people with certain gender identity are prosecuted in your country if it relates to your claim.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:42 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:04 pm
jay287 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
No
Not yet as it has only been 11 months since I claimed asylum. I will be apply January ending as I heard it speeds up Decision on your claim.
Thanks violet, I’ve been pushing my solicitor to submit my right to work, she asked me to submit cv to be submitted to home office which I did. But still no feedback from her. Can I apply personally? If so? Any thoughts about it?

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:04 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:11 pm
wikki wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:38 pm
Hello,

Thanks
Someone I know had to get evidence such as letters from witnesses who knows about your sexuality. Each witness has to give their contact details e.t.c
Evidence of visits to (gay) bar if you’ve been to prove that you’re comfortable and open with your sexuality (also pictures etc if you have them). Evidence of any prosecution if you have any ( but this can be explained during interview). Evidence from organisations to acknowledge you sexuality.
All these are ideas of evidence that you can provide to support your claim. You can also provide online articles of how people with certain gender identity are prosecuted in your country if it relates to your claim.
Thanks for your reply, Violet!

I actually thought about printing online articles concerning homophobia in my country but I heard Home Office only accepts original documents so I'm bot sure any longer

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:55 pm

jay287 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:42 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:04 pm
jay287 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
No
Thanks violet, I’ve been pushing my solicitor to submit my right to work, she asked me to submit cv to be submitted to home office which I did. But still no feedback from her. Can I apply personally? If so? Any thoughts about it?
To be honest, I’m not sure but you should be able to by writing the home office. Check online to be sure or ask for further advice.

Dede_2020
Newly Registered

Post by Dede_2020 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:44 pm

Can anyone recently received any decision Share there experience as I see there is no updates for long

Thanks

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:59 am

Yahas76 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:11 pm
Dear All,

Hope that everyone is Fine, I am new here and wanted to know that is Solicitor / Lawyer is necessary to be hired for Asylum case ??? Or I can apply and follow up directly with HO.

kindly advice accordingly.

Have a Nice Day.

Dear All,

kindly reply for above mentioned question.

Thanks alot ....

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:44 pm

Yahas76 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:59 am
Yahas76 wrote:
Dear All,

Hope that everyone is Fine, I am new here and wanted to know that is Solicitor / Lawyer is necessary to be hired for Asylum case ??? Or I can apply and follow up directly with HO.

Have a Nice Day.

Dear All,

Thanks alot ....
If you are confident enough you can do without a solicitor. but if it comes to a point whereby you have to go to court, then it is advisable you get one at that time.

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:58 pm

wikki wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:44 pm
Yahas76 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:59 am
Yahas76 wrote:
Dear All,

Have a Nice Day.

Dear All,

Thanks alot ....
If you are confident enough you can do without a solicitor. but if it comes to a point whereby you have to go to court, then it is advisable you get one at that time.
Dear Wikki,

Thanks alot for your reply, i m also thinking Same.

Have a very Good Day.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:14 pm

Could the moderator/someone advice me on this please. I’m still waiting for initial decision from ho (4months since interview). Ill be having a change in circumstance as I’ll be giving birth to a British child in a 2 weeks and this wasn’t noted to the home office. Once I have my child’s British passport, can I send it to home office because part of my asylum claim is based on fear of my separated husband family and I now have a child outside my marriage or wait for a decision to be made before taking any further step.
I’m just worried because the ho are recently taking really long to make a decision on claims.
I also have 5 children( from previous husband)which are dependent on my asylum claim.
Someone advice please??