ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short Time Remaining on Fiancé Visa - Need Advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bianco14
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bahamas

Short Time Remaining on Fiancé Visa - Need Advice

Post by Bianco14 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:42 pm

Hello all,
We are a same-sex couple. My fiancé, living in Ghana, was granted his fiancé visa with 2 dependants on 20/08/2019 valid until 20/02/2020. We have had all sorts of delays and mishaps to bring us to the current situation. I found myself unable to finance the travel to the UK and then a wedding in time to apply for a spousal visa. Nor do I have the funds now to do it.
We have entered the 5th month of our visa. If this visa were to expire, what are the odd of re-applying and being successful? I, being the partner in the UK, have to sort out a way to proceed. I do not know what to do next. Is there a way to bring my partner and children here to live with me in the UK?

We need some advice on what are our options. I mentioned that we are a same-sex couple to let you know that marry in Ghana or most countries in the world is not an option for us.

Thank you all in advance for your advice.

Regards,

Bianco14

Casa

Re: Short Time Remaining on Fiancé Visa - Need Advice

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:12 am

Bianco14 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:42 pm
Hello all,
We are a same-sex couple. My fiancé, living in Ghana, was granted his fiancé visa with 2 dependants on 20/08/2019 valid until 20/02/2020. We have had all sorts of delays and mishaps to bring us to the current situation. I found myself unable to finance the travel to the UK and then a wedding in time to apply for a spousal visa. Nor do I have the funds now to do it.
We have entered the 5th month of our visa. If this visa were to expire, what are the odd of re-applying and being successful? I, being the partner in the UK, have to sort out a way to proceed. I do not know what to do next. Is there a way to bring my partner and children here to live with me in the UK?

We need some advice on what are our options. I mentioned that we are a same-sex couple to let you know that marry in Ghana or most countries in the world is not an option for us.

Regards,

Bianco14
The financial issues you face are:
1. Reapplying will require a new payment of visa fees x 3 = £4569
2. After the marrying in the UK, FLR(M) visa fees of £1,523 x3 (£4569) + NHS surcharge of £3,000

If you are unable to find the funds for the airfare, how will you afford £12,138 ?

Have your circumstances changed since applying for their visas?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Bianco14
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bahamas

Post by Bianco14 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:13 am

Hello Casa,

Thanks for the quick response. Re, financing tickets and reapplication I can't do either at the moment. So no, I cannot afford the cost of legalising my family.
To your second question, no my situation is the same as to when I applied for them. I am just heavily in debt working a second job to get out.

The reason that I posed the question was that maybe someone could come up with an out of the box answer. We still have time left on the current visa. I could come up with airfare next week if a friend came to the rescue. But that would mean that without the money to apply for the FLR(M), they would have to return to Ghana until I can come up with the cash to reapply.

Bianco14
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bahamas

Post by Bianco14 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:37 pm

Does this seem feasible?
Casa wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:12 am
Bianco14 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:42 pm
Hello all,

Regards,

Bianco14
The financial issues you face are:
1. Reapplying will require a new payment of visa fees x 3 = £4569
2. After the marrying in the UK, FLR(M) visa fees of £1,523 x3 (£4569) + NHS surcharge of £3,000

If you are unable to find the funds for the airfare, how will you afford £12,138 ?

Have your circumstances changed since applying for their visas?