ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AnxiousShehz
Newly Registered
Mauritius

FLR M Visa

Post by AnxiousShehz » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:34 am

Hello everyone.
I am new to this website and not very tech savvy so please bear with me.
I hope i do not annoy anyone with my questions but I really need help as anxiety is eating at me and the spouse visa renewal has been real stressful to gather documents.
Little background; I received my first spouse visa in May 2017 and now having to renew in February 2020.

I have had traumatic events happen during the 2.5 years which led to neglect of filing documents properly. We live with my mother-in-law who has been tenting at current property for 10 years and she takes care of the rent, bills, council tax so no such letters on mine or husband's name.

Questions;

1. Should i get a letter from landlord or MIL for proof of accomodation? What should it consist of?
I can get both if needed.

2. Do credit card statements count as a proof of address? I just read somewhere on the site that they do not count as proof of address but I literally managed to scrap few documents and credit card statements are one of them for both of us to prove we lived at this address in 2018.

3. I have a baby who is british, does her birth certificate count as a joint proof of address as it contains both parents name and address and the date it was signed at council.

Thank you very much for helping out. I feel the first time applying was much easier.. but can only blame ourselves of neglecting to file documents during the months living here.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR M Visa

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:44 am

You need 2 years of cohabitation evidences which should be 6 If in jointed name or 12 if individually named from at least 3 sources. These can be from any source and even someone is not paying anything but still a lot of documentation he/she must have received such as vote register letter, dvla & hmrc letters, nhs letters, car insurance, any council letter, GP letter, tesco/sainsbury club cards, mobile sim letter/bill etc
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AnxiousShehz
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by AnxiousShehz » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:48 am

Thank you Seagul. Yes I do understand that and I have managed to gather enough proof of address which are;
5 individually on the name of my husband
5 individually on my name.

However I was wondering whether the 6th document could be joint which would be our baby's birth certificate?

And what about the letter from landlord? Is that necessary? The first time round we did a property survery which costs us £125. Is that necessary again?
Thank you for your patience.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:54 am

AnxiousShehz wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:48 am
.However I was wondering whether the 6th document could be joint which would be our baby's birth certificate?
Yes
AnxiousShehz wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:48 am
And what about the letter from landlord? Is that necessary? The first time round we did a property survery which costs us £125. Is that necessary again?
Thank you for your patience.
Yes landlord's noc or mother's noc (if she owns the house & you still living there). Property inspection report isn't needed where you are not living with none-related adults.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AnxiousShehz
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by AnxiousShehz » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:11 am

Thank you so much! Very much appreciated!

AnxiousShehz
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by AnxiousShehz » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:25 pm

Sorry to come back with more question but literally just need the link to the right application form as my husband is really confused. He is saying there is nothing as such as flrm. There is only a family route.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:31 pm

AnxiousShehz wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:25 pm
Sorry to come back with more question but literally just need the link to the right application form as my husband is really confused. .
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flr-m

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:31 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AnxiousShehz
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by AnxiousShehz » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:24 pm

Thank you Seagul and your sarcasm is brilliant CR!

It's just that even when we started the application through the flrm it does mention family route above my name.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:31 pm

:wink:

Unsurprisingly, HO do actually know the rules and will know what you have applied for if you tick the correct boxes in the form and meet all the FLR M requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:33 pm

AnxiousShehz wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:24 pm
Thank you Seagul and your sarcasm is brilliant CR!

It's just that even when we started the application through the flrm it does mention family route above my name.
Click on partner which will take you straight to partner application.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/next