ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of bank statements is ONE DAY over date of application payment :(

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jsmith2
Newly Registered
Canada

Date of bank statements is ONE DAY over date of application payment :(

Post by jsmith2 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:57 pm

I want to cry. I requested an official bank statement to be faxed to me on the 10th of December, which is the same day I officially paid for my visa application. I received it the next day and it was dated for December 11th. I didn't realize until now that the statement needed to be dated PRIOR to the application's submission. I had my VFS appointment a week later on the 17th so all of my documents are already submitted like this.

What are the chances that I'm going to get rejected over this, honestly speaking? And if so, can I just re-use the same IHS number as before? Or do I have to refund that and start everything fresh? I'm guessing I won't get the application refund? :(

Just a quick note, my VFS appointment was on December 17th, where the desk person scanned my statement and uploaded it to my application that is mailed to where ever it goes. Do you think that could save me here?

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Date of bank statements is ONE DAY over date of application payment :(

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:17 pm

jsmith2 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:57 pm
I didn't realize until now that the statement needed to be dated PRIOR to the application's submission.
But it doesn't. Where are you reading that this is a requirement?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

jsmith2
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by jsmith2 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:04 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:17 pm
jsmith2 wrote:
I didn't realize until now that the statement needed to be dated PRIOR to the application's submission.
Honestly, I can't find this requirement to be referenced in anything "official". However, I have seen it on some blogs, and I thought you were agreeing with it also in another thread, no? So it doesn't matter that my statement/letter came one day after my application date?

Also, I noticed that on my application I stated I would supply a bank statement. I asked my bank for precisely this with a stamp and they said they would fax me a thing for exactly these types of situations, which ended up being more of a letter with my bank account numbers and funds. Do you think the fact that this letter is referred to as a statement in my app is going to matter?

jsmith2
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by jsmith2 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:12 pm

jsmith2 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:04 pm
sah10406 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:17 pm
jsmith2 wrote:
Honestly, I can't find this requirement to be referenced in anything "official". However, I have seen it on some blogs, and I thought you were agreeing with it also in another thread, no? So it doesn't matter that my statement/letter came one day after my application date?

Also, I noticed that on my application I stated I would supply a bank statement. I asked my bank for precisely this with a stamp and they said they would fax me a thing for exactly these types of situations, which ended up being more of a letter with my bank account numbers and funds. Do you think the fact that this letter is referred to as a statement in my app is going to matter?
Okay, now I understand your confusion. What I have is a letter stating my funds the day after my application was submitted. It does not show my funds at any prior time. That being said, I stand by that this requirement, if actually necessary is unbelievably poorly worded since "within" in the colloquial sense implies a +/- window.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:57 pm

jsmith2 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:12 pm
That being said, I stand by that this requirement, if actually necessary is unbelievably poorly worded since "within" in the colloquial sense implies a +/- window.
Paragraph 1A(a) of Appendix C of the immigration rules says the general rule for all applications is that

The funds ... must be available to the applicant on the date of the application.

Paragraph 1B(a)(i)(2) relaxes this specifically for Tier 5 YMS applicants only, who must show funds on "a single date within 31 days of the date of the application".

I don't think it would be reasonable to argue that this means up to 31 days after the date of application, especially as the application asks specifically whether you have the money and acceptable evidence of it.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

jsmith2
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by jsmith2 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:40 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:57 pm
jsmith2 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:12 pm
That being said, I stand by that this requirement, if actually necessary is unbelievably poorly worded since "within" in the colloquial sense implies a +/- window.
Paragraph 1A(a) of Appendix C of the immigration rules says the general rule for all applications is that

The funds ... must be available to the applicant on the date of the application.

Paragraph 1B(a)(i)(2) relaxes this specifically for Tier 5 YMS applicants only, who must show funds on "a single date within 31 days of the date of the application".

I don't think it would be reasonable to argue that this means up to 31 days after the date of application, especially as the application asks specifically whether you have the money and acceptable evidence of it.
But none of this stuff is even directed to you in the guidance PDF, which is the only UK gov-supplied source of information you get during the application process. Why would anyone go looking for legal documents that they aren't even aware exist? I didn't find out about this appendix until I came to this forum, and I read the application carefully. The only reason I was alerted to the problem was through paranoia that I wasn't submitting proof of funds CLOSER to my estimated arrival date, which is when I would have guessed having funds really matters.

And then even what you have quoted above still leaves room for debate. I did have the funds on the date of the application, but it doesn't state that I need to prove that I had them at exactly that moment anywhere. It only states, subsequently, that they must be proven to exist "within 31 days of the application" and that the range of dates within the statement can't go earlier than 31 days. Or in the case of having a letter, the date printed on it can't go before the 31 day prior mark either (my case).

I think they need to address this after-the-application limbo period seeing as I'm not even the first to unknowingly walk into this problem. Everyone who applies for this visa has some time before they go to their biometric appointment, and the process isn't really over until you leave that office which makes the concept of "submission" already arbitrary in the applicants' mind. These applications are expensive, so the language used should be incredibly precise.

If anyone has had this issue and made it out with an accepted application, I'd be pleased to hear from you. Still wracked with anxiety here.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:29 pm

jsmith2 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:40 pm
...it doesn't state that I need to prove that I had them at exactly that moment anywhere.
Sorry I can only disagree, because I think it does.