ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS TIER 2 DEPENDENT APPLICATION - PRIORITY SERVICE DELAY

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Tringu19
Newly Registered
India

PBS TIER 2 DEPENDENT APPLICATION - PRIORITY SERVICE DELAY

Post by Tringu19 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:05 am

Hi,

So I submitted my biometrics at VFS Bengaluru and completed my application on priority service on 6 December 2019. I received an email from Home Office on 9 December saying that the application is under consideration. However, I have not received any communication from them since then. I contacted them through the paid email service, but have been receiving only generic replies saying wait for 15 days before contacting them again (though priority is supposed to be only 5 working days).

Is anybody else facing such delays even though you opted for priority service? Little worried here since its been 15 days and still no news from the Home Office. Some people who submitted applications after me have seemed to have gotten their passports back. Little frustrated also since I unnecessarily paid for priority service.

I had submitted my application on the UK website on 6 November but completed by biometrics only on 6 December due to health reasons, does anyone think this could be an issue?

Could travelling to the UK on a visiting visa immediately preceding your dependent visa application be an issue?

Any leads/advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tringu19
Newly Registered
India

Re: PBS TIER 2 DEPENDENT APPLICATION - PRIORITY SERVICE DELAY

Post by Tringu19 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:14 am

Any advice? Anyone?

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:24 pm

Don't worry. As long as you have provided all necessary docs don't panic. Could be vacation delay.

You have mentioned you travelled in visitor visa prior to this. During this time was your partner in UK? In that case have you declared it in visitor visa application that your partner is in UK.?

avinash503
Newly Registered
India

Post by avinash503 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:16 pm

Hi Tringu19,

Any update on your visa application pls visa approved?

Voyager3
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Voyager3 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:16 am

i applied on 24 December , just got SMS which say VFS sent document to UKVI. after that no any reply . so waiting .. could be holiday time . i applied in priority and 5 working day they proceeed . so would be completed on 3rd Jan. lets hope and finger crossed

avinash503
Newly Registered
India

Post by avinash503 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:59 pm

We have applied on 18th December PBS (tire2) priority with dependent. Till now no update when we called to ukvi they said decision was done asking me to wait 15 working days.
No use with priority.

Voyager3
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Voyager3 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:02 pm

same for me than no use of priority visa , i applied for myself + partner + child .
will keep you update , you can also please.

avinash503
Newly Registered
India

Post by avinash503 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:59 pm

Hi,

Any update, did u try to call ukvi for status.

And what is travell date u mentioned in ur application.

I mentioned Feb 26th as my travell date may be that cause the delay.

Thanks,
Avinash

Voyager3
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Voyager3 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:04 pm

No luck,

join date is 10 - Jan -2020 , basically all on luck so far.

avinash503
Newly Registered
India

Post by avinash503 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:17 pm

You will get on Monday bro all the best

Tringu19
Newly Registered
India

Post by Tringu19 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:00 pm

SKJ1984 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:24 pm
Don't worry. As long as you have provided all necessary docs don't panic. Could be vacation delay.

You have mentioned you travelled in visitor visa prior to this. During this time was your partner in UK? In that case have you declared it in visitor visa application that your partner is in UK.?
@SKJ1984

No, I did not declare that my partner is in the UK, I just applied for a standard tourist visa to UK and Schengen area at the time. At the time of application for the tourist visa, my husband and I were not married technically. Do you think this could be an issue?

@avinash503 & @Voyager3

No luck at all. I had given preferred date of travel as Jan 2 but that didn't make any difference. I escalated my issue after 15 working days and I finally got an update from UKVI 2 days ago stating the following -

"...Prior to making a decision on an Entry Clearance application, a number of mandatory checks need to be completed in both the applicant’s home country and the UK.

Although we aim to decide all applications within our published service standards, this is not always possible as the length of time taken to complete these checks is dependent on the individual circumstances of each case.

Once these mandatory checks have been completed the results of these checks may mean that further extended checks need to be carried out; this was the case with this application..."

However, nothing about when I can expect to get a decision or if there is anything else required for the application was not mentioned. I'm not sure if this was a generic reply to my escalation either. Does anyone know what 'further extended checks' entails?

So many days have passed since my application and I'm really worried about the outcome. I am so eager to go see my husband as well. Hope the visa comes through this week at least. Do let me know if you guys hear anything regarding your visas.

avinash503
Newly Registered
India

Post by avinash503 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:36 pm

Sure @Tringu19.

Smallnl info required

While you escalated your case what was the status did ukvi customer care said that your application decision has been done or not.

Because in my application they mentioned decision already made. But Don't know why they keep hold of my passport.

Tringu19
Newly Registered
India

Post by Tringu19 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:25 pm

avinash503 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:36 pm
Sure @Tringu19.

Smallnl info required

While you escalated your case what was the status did ukvi customer care said that your application decision has been done or not.

Because in my application they mentioned decision already made. But Don't know why they keep hold of my passport.
Hi Avinash,

They said that my application is still under process, so decision not made I suppose. No idea why there is a delay in receiving your passport if a decision has already been made. Try contacting VFS? Good Luck!

Voyager3
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Voyager3 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:03 am

HI Avinash ,

Ask to your employer to verify SMS system wheere they can see COS is in used or not.?

Once Visa granted COS status is changed to Used.

in my case either i dont get any email from UKVI , just got SMS on mobile that say application is forwared to UKVI . then after no update on anything .. today is 7th working day . and application is applied on priority .

avinash503
Newly Registered
India

Post by avinash503 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 am

Hi Voyager3,

Yes my employer confirm that COS moves to used status on 20th December only after that i called to ukvi they also confirmed that decision has been taken on your visa application.

avinash503
Newly Registered
India

Post by avinash503 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:41 am

Today i visited vfs Hyderabad they said due to Christmas holiday some of the visa application getting delay ask me to drop a email to "feedbackuksouth@vfshelpline.com"

@voyager3,

U can call to ukvi paid service they will let u know the status here. +44 20 3481 1736

avinash503
Newly Registered
India

Post by avinash503 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:53 am

Hi,

Finally got update from vfs to collect passport.

Received passport with desire sticker :D :D

Avinash.

Tringu19
Newly Registered
India

Post by Tringu19 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:58 pm

avinash503 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:53 am
Hi,

Avinash.
That's great news! Congratulations, Avinash.

Hopefully I'll hear from the Home office regarding my application soon as well.

Voyager3
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Voyager3 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:00 am

avinash503 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:53 am
Hi,

Avinash.
congratulation . this is great news ...
Hope we heard somehting soon. i applied for premium couriers service . not for collect passport at VFS.

Voyager3
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Voyager3 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:44 am

HI All,

I received Passport with Visa granted for My and my partner .

Now worries , Child passport didn't received yet ,although we applied on same time.

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:41 am

Tringu19 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:00 pm
SKJ1984 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:24 pm

@SKJ1984

No, I did not declare that my partner is in the UK, I just applied for a standard tourist visa to UK and Schengen area at the time. At the time of application for the tourist visa, my husband and I were not married technically. Do you think this could be an issue?

@avinash503 & @Voyager3

No luck at all. I had given preferred date of travel as Jan 2 but that didn't make any difference. I escalated my issue after 15 working days and I finally got an update from UKVI 2 days ago stating the following -

"...Prior to making a decision on an Entry Clearance application, a number of mandatory checks need to be completed in both the applicant’s home country and the UK.

Although we aim to decide all applications within our published service standards, this is not always possible as the length of time taken to complete these checks is dependent on the individual circumstances of each case.

Once these mandatory checks have been completed the results of these checks may mean that further extended checks need to be carried out; this was the case with this application..."

However, nothing about when I can expect to get a decision or if there is anything else required for the application was not mentioned. I'm not sure if this was a generic reply to my escalation either. Does anyone know what 'further extended checks' entails?

So many days have passed since my application and I'm really worried about the outcome. I am so eager to go see my husband as well. Hope the visa comes through this week at least. Do let me know if you guys hear anything regarding your visas.

If you were not married then no worries.

Tringu19
Newly Registered
India

Post by Tringu19 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:15 pm

Finally got my passport back with the approved visa! What a relief! Took 5 long weeks though I applied for priority service.

Thanks to everyone who replied with advice/suggestions.

Voyager3
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Voyager3 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:23 pm

Great ,
i also got passport in 12 days ..thank you everyone .