ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filipina Best way to join Irish boyfriend in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jenpisces
Newly Registered
Philippines

Filipina Best way to join Irish boyfriend in Ireland

Post by jenpisces » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:46 pm

Hi guys, Im filipina. I have been in relationship with my Irish boyfriend for 2 years now. He visited the Philippines twice. First to meet me and second to meet my family. What’s the best and easiest advice for me to join my boyfriend in Ireland for good?

DanaMarie
Ireland

Re: Filipina Best way to join Irish boyfriend in Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:28 pm

In short, get married in an English speaking country and then join him in Ireland.

djweeble
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by djweeble » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:30 am

You don't need to get married in an English speaking country..... by far the easiest and fastest place to get married in Europe, is Denmark.
Just google for "getting married in Denmark", and you will find lots of information, and links.
I married my fiance in less than a week after applying for the permit.

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi no need to get married in any EU countries, if you 2 are sure about this commitment then you can get marry in your home country then notorized all paperwork then apply visa to Ireland,. But make sure all paperwork need and have to certified and legislation to get accepting as same right who get married here.

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:05 pm

djweeble wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:30 am
You don't need to get married in an English speaking country..... by far the easiest and fastest place to get married in Europe, is Denmark.
Just google for "getting married in Denmark", and you will find lots of information, and links.
I married my fiance in less than a week after applying for the permit.
The only reason I specified an English speaking country is so that none of the marriage documents need to be officially translated to English which can be additional time and money. Gibraltar is a very easy option as well, you can get married 24 hours after registering. You would need a visit visa for either Gibraltar or Denmark if you hold a Philippines passport however.

djweeble
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by djweeble » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:15 am

Good point on the translation of documents. That is also another advantage of using Denmark....... the marriage certificate is issued in 5 languages, including English.
IIRC, ours are in Danish, English, German, French, and Italian.

I looked into Gibraltar myself, and found Denmark would be much easier and cheaper, as I believe, though I may be wrong so please correct me if I am.... you need a marriage visa from the UK government for Gibraltar, whereas a simple Schengen visitor visa is all that's needed for Denmark.

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:25 pm

djweeble wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:15 am
Good point on the translation of documents. That is also another advantage of using Denmark....... the marriage certificate is issued in 5 languages, including English.
IIRC, ours are in Danish, English, German, French, and Italian.

I looked into Gibraltar myself, and found Denmark would be much easier and cheaper, as I believe, though I may be wrong so please correct me if I am.... you need a marriage visa from the UK government for Gibraltar, whereas a simple Schengen visitor visa is all that's needed for Denmark.
Nope no marriage visa required for Gibraltar, the process is different than the UK.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:02 pm

None of that matters, the docs can be for anywhere, translations are simple to arrange. The real issue here is that OP does not qualify as a defacto spouse, and may well not qualify as a married spouse. Marriage to an Irish national does not confer an automatic right of residence in the State. Does he earn enough to sponsor his wife? Can they prove a genuine relationship? If he has visited the Phillipines 2 times in 2 years, probably not.
Even if they can prove a genuine marriage, its a year or more for a decision. Add another year for an appeal.

Sumisu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sumisu » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:37 pm

Even if they can prove a genuine marriage, its a year or more for a decision. Add another year for an appeal.
Sorry but you do not know anything about the topic nor are you an immigration official .

OP ... the best way is to ask your boyfriend .

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:47 am

Sumisu wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:37 pm
Sorry but you do not know anything about the topic nor are you an immigration official .

Are you sure about that?

Everything I said is true, and easily verifiable.

nanabeltranfab
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nanabeltranfab » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:07 pm

Granista wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:47 am
Sumisu wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:37 pm

Are you sure about that?

Everything I said is true, and easily verifiable.

Getting married in Philippines has no problem as our marriage contract is in english, they accept it here, from my experience I just submit the marriage cert and its all okay. The problem will be that you only met him twice and they might see that as a “marriage for convenience”. But we don’t really know how they examine the applications. And I know someone his wife came over here after 2 years in a relationship, so it really depends in the situation.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:26 pm

Its pretty simple: if you aren't married you need to fulfil the rules as defacto, which is 2 years cohabitation.

Actual spouses regularly get refused as they have only met a few times and/or have an internet only "relationship".