ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on Certificate Of Travel

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

levi144
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Advice on Certificate Of Travel

Post by levi144 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi,

As you can see by my flag, I'm a Zimbabwean national. I'm on the ten year route to citizenship (FLR) and can legally leave and re-enter the country etc, however, I cannot because of an unfortunate series of events:

- I arrived when you could still travel on your parents' passport
- Zimbabwean law says that a passport cannot be issued to anyone over 16 unless they have an ID card
- Zimbabwean ID cards can only be issued in Zimbabwe

And the bottom point is the problem. I know I can get a one-way travel document to go to Zimbabwe and get my ID Card and passport, but Zimbabwe is such a country that I could get stuck over there for months.

On an FLR, am I am eligible for a Certificate Of Travel, which I would only use on the return journey if the Zimbabwean authorities failed to produce my passport in time?

Garry20g

Re: Advice on Certificate Of Travel

Post by Garry20g » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:42 am

Hi. It is very hard to get certificate of travel. They refused me too. But you can try and prove to home office that Zimbabwe not issue you a passport. But be honest with you it is very hard

levi144
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by levi144 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:36 am

Garry20g wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:42 am
Hi. It is very hard to get certificate of travel. They refused me too. But you can try and prove to home office that Zimbabwe not issue you a passport. But be honest with you it is very hard
Thanks.

I went to the Zimbabwean Embassy yesterday and found out that the Temporary Travel Document issued by the Zimbabwe allows return to the UK, so long as you have a visa (Biometric Residence Permit) proving your ability to leave and enter the UK.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi Levi. This is so good that Zimbabwe can issue you a travel document. Because I ask India but they do not have anything like this. India only issue one way travel document. You should get Zimbabwe travel document. Good luck

levi144
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by levi144 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:56 pm

Thanks buddy - will so. I'm surprised India wouldn't offer something like this, especially considering the fact that the UK needs India so much