ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Dependant to Tier 2 general - Need help in filling Visa Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

viswajithkrishna
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by viswajithkrishna » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:06 pm

Hello there,
Currently I am in UK under Tier2 ICT dependant Visa and work here, my employer had sponsored me for the Tier 2 General and I have receieved my CoS. But I am facing few challenges while filling the application,

1.) Address: Do I need to give my Indian address , since I am applying from India and previous Address as UK address ?
2.) Family in UK: Do you have any family in UK? (spouse, partner, relative etc.,) YES/NO
If Yes below question appears,
a.They have Temparory Visa
b.They are in UK Permanently
Other options are not relavant.
I have my wife living here where she is on ‘Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff’ visa, What option should I select Yes/No? If yes what should I select from above?
3.) Fund Maintenance: Seems my company have already opted for my fund maintenance(mentioned in Cos), I believe CoS number is just enough and no need for any letter?
4.) Medical Treatment: Yes/No --> I have already registered in GP but didn't not undergone any major treatment. Do I need to provide yes or No ? If yes, it is further dragging me with the treatments, hospital name etc.,
5.) Travel History to UK: Yes/No, If yes, What would be my 'from' and 'Todate' , since I live here currently?

Kindly, if anyone could help me with all the queries, would be great. Also if anyone have come across my similar situation would be fair enough..
Thanks in advance..

viswajithkrishna
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by viswajithkrishna » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:07 pm

Hello there,
Currently I am in UK under Tier2 ICT dependant Visa and work here, my employer had sponsored me for the Tier 2 General and I have receieved my CoS. But I am facing few challenges while filling the application,

1.) Address: Do I need to give my Indian address , since I am applying from India and previous Address as UK address ?
2.) Family in UK: Do you have any family in UK? (spouse, partner, relative etc.,) YES/NO
If Yes below question appears,
a.They have Temparory Visa
b.They are in UK Permanently
Other options are not relavant.
I have my wife living here where she is on ‘Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff’ visa, What option should I select Yes/No? If yes what should I select from above?
3.) Fund Maintenance: Seems my company have already opted for my fund maintenance(mentioned in Cos), I believe CoS number is just enough and no need for any letter?
4.) Medical Treatment: Yes/No --> I have already registered in GP but didn't not undergone any major treatment. Do I need to provide yes or No ? If yes, it is further dragging me with the treatments, hospital name etc.,
5.) Travel History to UK: Yes/No, If yes, What would be my 'from' and 'Todate' , since I live here currently?

Kindly, if anyone could help me with all the queries, would be great. Also if anyone have come across my similar situation would be fair enough..
Thanks in advance..

SKJ1984
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT Dependant to Tier 2 general - Need help in filling Visa Application

Post by SKJ1984 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:11 pm

1. Yes Indian address
2. Yes. Select they have temporary visa.
3. If maintenance certified in cos document. Then no need for additional bank statements.
4. Just give no here and In last section of application which is a free form text box just mention you have registered in GP but never accessed it for surgery and only general consultation for fever ( if applicable say this)
5. Good question. You can fill it technically only when you land in home country and give exact date till you stayed in UK. You can't submit application while in UK. Don't submit application from UK. Go to home country and submit. Till then have it in draft.

This is what I did.

friendankit7
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT Dependant to Tier 2 general - Need help in filling Visa Application

Post by friendankit7 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi

As suggested by SKJ1984, you should provide Indian address as current address and UK address as previous address.

All others answers given above are good enough and I followed same last month and got my visa.

Good luck

Cheers
Ankit

viswajithkrishna
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by viswajithkrishna » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:58 am

Thank you so much SKJ1984 and Ankit for all your help, now I got a little grip.
Have an another supplimentary question regards to the Address.
I understood that I shall give my Indian Address that's fine, but the next question comes likes this,
1.) ADDRESS: 'How long have you lived at this address?' --> Should I give like 5 days (I would apply for visa after 5 days of my arrival in India) and previous address as UK address ?, FYI, if I give 24 years, it is not asking for my previous address.
2.) FAMILY IN UK: If temporary visa is selected for my wife's status, then it is further asking about Staying in UK like whom will I be staying like with family or without?
If I choose with family(wife), further asking to provide detais my wife address,mob no,email id, from & to date on my stay with the family. please guide me how to proceed with these cases.
Thanks in advance...

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:04 am

1. Have you lived there for 24 years prior to Ur UK visit. Is it your birth home / parents home? Then give total years spent there like 24 years. Exclude years spent in UK.
2. Yes provide wife's address and all details. Anyhow your wife would be staying at your UK address. Give that.

Just bear in mind and fill the form thinking you are from home country and applying.

viswajithkrishna
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by viswajithkrishna » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:11 am

SKJ1984 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:04 am
1. Have you lived there for 24 years prior to Ur UK visit. Is it your birth home / parents home? Then give total years spent there like 24 years. Exclude years spent in UK.
2. Yes provide wife's address and all details. Anyhow your wife would be staying at your UK address. Give that.

Just bear in mind and fill the form thinking you are from home country and applying.
Thanks again buddy..
You are correct (have lived 24 years prior to my UK visit), it's my birth place.
Also, in CoS, they have mentioned my UK address, will it be any issue...?

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:17 pm

Nope. Cos address is what you gave to employer while applying for rcos. This is not an issue.

UKVI knows your entire history while applying. You have been in UK and applying from home country for Tier 2 . So nothing is an issue.

Make sure you satisfy English Language requirement. Hope u would have got the naric/ielts

viswajithkrishna
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by viswajithkrishna » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:36 pm

SKJ1984 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:17 pm
Nope. Cos address is what you gave to employer while applying for rcos. This is not an issue.

UKVI knows your entire history while applying. You have been in UK and applying from home country for Tier 2 . So nothing is an issue.

Make sure you satisfy English Language requirement. Hope u would have got the naric/ielts
Alright..Thanks for your responses.
Yes I do have letter from UK NARIC to prove me english.
Have got to know a solicitor by a close ref,is it worth paying him 500 pounds?
He said that he would fill the visa application + Verify the docs + Pay VISA & IHS Fees (*provided my card details to him) + Letter from with the solicitor stamp.
The docs I have
Passport
CoS
UK NARIC Letter
BRP Card
Is there anything else, I should mind...?

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:58 am

Using a solicitor is your personal choice. Even with a solicitor you must do your due diligence.

I did not opt for solicitor.

Refer the forum for list of tier 2 documents. You can check for exhaustive list.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/uk-t ... 166afabfdc

viswajithkrishna
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by viswajithkrishna » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:50 pm

Thank you so much...
Have gone through the link you've shared, seems I have almost all the documents with me except police Clearance Certificate.
Does PCC is really needed ? Because I am not going to work with vulnerable people. Gov.UK website says PCC is indeed needed with the Job nature is to work with the Vulnerable people..
Please clarify. Thanks in advance.

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:17 pm

Not needed if your job code/ job role does not require one.
But it is a matter of half day and 600RS to get one PCC from any PSK in your town city. :D :D

Any work with NHS or children etc needs one definitely.

viswajithkrishna
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by viswajithkrishna » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:05 am

Thank you so much. One more question on TB screening, Do I need to take one? , since I am in UK for more than 6 months, please clarify.. Thanks in advance.

mohitr
Newly Registered
India

Post by mohitr » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:47 am

Hi viswajithkrishna ,

I am also in the same situation and filing my Tier 2 General application now.
When I was in UK on my wife's dependant visa, I was working here. Could you please tell me what should I mention in "Why you were in UK" -
Work or Other Reasons with explanation that "I was on dependant visa and working in UK" in the details Text

Thanks in Advance