ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Ireland allow mutiple wives

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hashim1
BANNED

Does Ireland allow mutiple wives

Post by hashim1 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:32 pm

I have 2 wives in Pakistan will I be able to bring both if I claim asylum in Ireland?

Casa

Re: Does Ireland allow mutiple wives

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:48 pm

hashim1 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:32 pm
I have 2 wives in Pakistan will I be able to bring both if I claim asylum in Ireland?
You have been asked to desist from opening multiple topics with random and seemingly hypothetical questions on asylum, without posting any indication on your personal circumstances.

If you genuinely want advice from members, I suggest you explain your situation. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

DubDub
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by DubDub » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:53 pm

Answer is NO. In 2017, the Supreme Court ruled that if someone had two legal marriages abroad, only the first was legal in Ireland.

hashim1
BANNED

Post by hashim1 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:00 pm

My human rights can I use EU case law to bring them over?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:03 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:48 pm
hashim1 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:32 pm
[
If you genuinely want advice from members, I suggest you explain your situation. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

DubDub
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by DubDub » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:04 pm

By the way why you should ask for asylum in Ireland, you are from Pakistan. Pakistan is safe country and if you travel to Europe, there are other safer countries on your way to Ireland. Strange.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:49 pm

This man is a scumbag,, wanna claim fak” asylum and then looking for easy housing option (uk or Ireland) and then wants to bring two wife’s here. What a low life scumbag he is .i am from Pakistan and I am sick of such mentality and people. I request moderators to remove this idiot from this forum what is being made to help genuine people and not thugs.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:12 pm

the answer is bigamy/polygamy is not recognized under the irish marriage act law: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2015 ... ed/en/html

And really no words on your thoughts about bringing over here ur 2 wives.
( Do u really have 2 wives...? , 1 wife is already really hard to handle 🤪🤪🤪)

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:42 am

Hasim1's access to the forum has been terminated.
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:17 pm

Diomond wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:49 pm
This man is a scumbag,, wanna claim fak” asylum and then looking for easy housing option (uk or Ireland) and then wants to bring two wife’s here. What a low life scumbag he is .i am from Pakistan and I am sick of such mentality and people. I request moderators to remove this idiot from this forum what is being made to help genuine people and not thugs.
This post is wholly inappropriate and I see nothing in the op's post to merit that response.

Because someone's moral is different from your's, does not make them a scumbag. I will keep an eye on your post. If you continue to insult others I will have no option but to end your membership of this forum.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:20 pm

White_Pearl wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:12 pm
the answer is bigamy/polygamy is not recognized under the irish marriage act law: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2015 ... ed/en/html

And really no words on your thoughts about bringing over here ur 2 wives.
( Do u really have 2 wives...? , 1 wife is already really hard to handle 🤪🤪🤪)
This is wrong. OP does not commit an act of Bigamy if he marries two wives in a country where this is permitted.

It is okay for people to have personal views of people who marry more than 1 wife.

However no one has a right to call them scumbag or bigamist.

Polygamy is correct term. Bigamy is the criminal offense is a person marries more than one wife in a jurisdiction where this is impermissible.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors