ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Over 12 months for Stamp 4 LTR application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Janrix
Newly Registered
Israel

Over 12 months for Stamp 4 LTR application

Post by Janrix » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:11 pm

Hi all,
Its been over 1 year since I applied for Stamp 4- Long term residency, however I am still waiting. I recieved an acknowledgement letter one month after submitting application.

Has anyone gone through process of LTR? If so, what's your experience?

Thanks,

Jana

jojoie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Over 12 months for Stamp 4 LTR application

Post by jojoie » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:17 pm

I applied at the beginning of September for LTR based on 5 years. In mid November they requested letter from work confirming my employment. I replied in 2 weeks. They approved LTR in mid December and asked for EUR 500 payment.

rajuonlookout
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rajuonlookout » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:20 am

Hi,

Did they ask any other documents apart from the Employment confirmation letter before asking for a 500 euro payment?
Also, How long did it take to get the approval letter once you paid them?

Thanks

rajuonlookout
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rajuonlookout » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:35 pm

jojoie wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:17 pm
I applied at the beginning of September for LTR based on 5 years. In mid November they requested letter from work confirming my employment. I replied in 2 weeks. They approved LTR in mid December and asked for EUR 500 payment.
Hi Jojoie,
my renewal date is coming closer. Could you please help me with the below?

Did they ask any other documents(Like employment contract or IRP card...etc) apart from the Employment confirmation letter before asking for a 500 euro payment?

Thanks
Raju

jojoie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jojoie » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:50 pm

rajuonlookout wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:35 pm
jojoie wrote:
Hi Jojoie,

Did they ask any other documents(Like employment contract or IRP card...etc) apart from the Employment confirmation letter before asking for a 500 euro payment?

Thanks
Raju
Hi Raju,

No they didn't ask any other documents. Initially I sent copy of my employment permit, copy of my passport including all endorsements, copy of my IRP, copy of recent payslip. A week after payment they sent me acknowledge of my payment and in another week I received a letter granting LTR. So in total 2 weeks after payment I got a final approval.

rajuonlookout
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rajuonlookout » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:37 pm

jojoie wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:50 pm
rajuonlookout wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:35 pm
jojoie wrote:
Hi Jojoie,

Thanks
Raju
Hi Raju,

No they didn't ask any other documents. Initially I sent copy of my employment permit, copy of my passport including all endorsements, copy of my IRP, copy of recent payslip. A week after payment they sent me acknowledge of my payment and in another week I received a letter granting LTR. So in total 2 weeks after payment I got a final approval.
Thanks Jojoie for your quick help.

Best Regards
Raju

Janrix
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by Janrix » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:56 am

Hi Jojoie,
I was asked to pay €300 for IRP even though I had paid €500 by bank draft to the LTR unit. I tried to explain but the immigration officer was adamant that the €300 is in addition and have to pay it! I am wondering was it different in your case?

Thanks

Jana

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:32 pm

Your LTR has nothing to do with your GNIB/IRP registration. They are dealt with by different departments.
The 500 euro fee is for the LTR application. The 300 euro is the registration fee for GNIB/IRP.

Similarly a work permit application costs 1000 euro, but once approved they still have to pay 300 euro every year for the GNIB/IRP registration.

The only people who do not need to pay the 300 euro fee are:
- Under 18 at the time of registration
- A spouse, widow or widower of an Irish citizen
- A civil partner or surviving civil partner of an Irish citizen
- A spouse or dependent of an EU national who has a residence permit
- A Programme Refugee or a person granted Refugee Status under Section 47(1) of the International Protection Act 2015
- A person granted Subsidiary Protection under Section 47(4) of the International Protection Act 2015
- A person granted Permission to Remain under Section 49(4)(a) of the International Protection Act 2015
- A family member reunited with a recognised refugee in Ireland under Section 56 of the International Protection Act 2015

Janrix
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by Janrix » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:38 pm

Thanks @ littlerr