ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a Study Permit after responding to Ontario PNP Notification of Interest

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dhruvkhan
Newly Registered

Applying for a Study Permit after responding to Ontario PNP Notification of Interest

Post by dhruvkhan » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:31 pm

I received a Notification of Interest from Ontario and submitted the application in November, currently awaiting a response from them.

In addition, I also applied to the top 6 business schools in Canada. I didn't get into any universities in Ontario but got admits from ones in British Columbia and Quebec. I want to go ahead with Quebec University and work in Ontario after graduating.

My Ontario PNP application request is currently processing. The MBA program starts in August 2020 by which time, I doubt the PR application would have been completed.

Can I apply for Quebec CAQ and Canada Study Permit even though I have a PNP application pending with Ontario? Someone told me my study permit application would be rejected because of this.

Can I just mention dual intent in the student visa letter of explanation?

If let's say I get the study permit and join the program in Quebec and later the PR application gets approved while I'm studying in Quebec, what would be the process be to go from Student Visa to PR?

Also would it matter what the port of entry will be, does it have to be Ontario?

Asranilata
Newly Registered
India

Re: Applying for a Study Permit after responding to Ontario PNP Notification of Interest

Post by Asranilata » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:36 am

How to receive an Interest Nomination from Ontario??