ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pawson
Nigeria

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Pawson » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:34 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:40 am
Pawson wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:32 am
ms1993 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:19 am
Pawson wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:15 pm

Ms1993 may God see you through to succes,s the Lord will touch the heart of whoever is treating your application, either make or female the Lord will grant you favour, very soon , we will rejoice with you in Jesus mighty name.
Thank you so much for your kind words Pawson - May our faith get us through this
Amen. I can feel your pain, Allah will not disappoint you, He will soften the heart of whoever is handling your application to tender mercy on your case. There are some application that are very complex but were granted visa at the end of it. With the interview you did which you said it went well, I believe soon, Allah will put a smile on you on or before mid January. In Shaa Allah.
Thank you Pawson, you have a heart of gold.
God willing, the response will be given at the time that is best for us - that is our belief. A delay has blessings in it and we must continue to wait 🙏🏽
The not knowing and praying that if it was a refusal, I would rather know now to be able to plan and then I wonder if they were to reject it, they could have done it sooner? (Possibly making myself feel better with this!)

I wondered Pawson if you don’t mind, your VAF number you received - did this match to any visa acceptance docs? Eg did it match any number on the BRP?
Ms1993, sorry for my late response. It is not sane. If your spouse meet up with the financial requirement and has a shelter of his own, be it rented or mortgage am very optimistic that you will be granted. My spouse had 3job within a year during our application but none of his employer was contacted,

SammyAb
Newly Registered

Post by SammyAb » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:16 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:18 am
Remti wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:07 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:17 pm
Remti wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:24 pm

Ms1993 have u recieved your husbands visa?
So I suppose what I said about reapplying still stands especially if you meet all the other requirements - please take advice on this? May save time with an appeal!

Sadly no response yet - biometrics on 18/09, case not straight forward received on 56WD (3 days after interview)

Praying for a miracle tbh
In shaa Allah hun you will get it sis. Very soon. Also you mentioned that you were in doubt of age difference to your husband i dont think thats a problem as im also older than my husband buy a couple of years and the relationship came out fine Alhamdulilah. Tbh im in two minds i want to apply before his tb test expires on feb. Do you know how long ielts lasts for?
I hope so, I’m leaving it all in Allah’s hands - His will is my will

Eliza K mentioned the age difference - I think for us he was in the U.K. previously (no breaches etc just complicated) so checking further I guess

IELTS is 12 months if I’m not wrong, expiry date should be on the certificate if you have the copy?

I think that the checking process takes longer sometimes
Just stay positive And inshallah I pray you hear the good news with the beginning of the new year 🙏

Actually IELTS is valid for two year
No expiry date but u can check in there website

SammyAb
Newly Registered

Post by SammyAb » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:19 pm

Baker90 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:35 am
SammyAb wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:23 pm
Noshr67 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:33 pm
SammyAb wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:49 pm

Than you are almost there
It should be within this week
I hope you get the visa 🙂

Alhamdullah I received my passport and visa today
How long was your wait?
17 working days
On Tls website it was showing that application transfered to vac. Any idea what is that suppose to mean ? And congrats to u 😊

Sorry I used Vfs so not really familiar with tls
But If i will guess it means they finished the application
Vac means visa application center like vfs or tls
I hope u hear good news

And thank you 😊

Remti

Post by Remti » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:09 pm

SammyAb wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:16 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Remti wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:17 pm

So I suppose what I said about reapplying still stands especially if you meet all the other requirements - please take advice on this? May save time with an appeal!

Sadly no response yet - biometrics on 18/09, case not straight forward received on 56WD (3 days after interview)

Praying for a miracle tbh
In shaa Allah hun you will get it sis. Very soon. Also you mentioned that you were in doubt of age difference to your husband i dont think thats a problem as im also older than my husband buy a couple of years and the relationship came out fine Alhamdulilah. Tbh im in two minds i want to apply before his tb test expires on feb. Do you know how long ielts lasts for?

Eliza K mentioned the age difference - I think for us he was in the U.K. previously (no breaches etc just complicated) so checking further I guess

IELTS is 12 months if I’m not wrong, expiry date should be on the certificate if you have the copy?

Just stay positive And inshallah I pray you hear the good news with the beginning of the new year 🙏

Jazakallah kheir. But for TB test its until march so if i want to reapply on jan will it be affected coz it wont be expired at the time of application but it will expire 2 months after?

SammyAb
Newly Registered

Post by SammyAb » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:23 pm

Remti wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:09 pm
SammyAb wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Remti wrote:

Jazakallah kheir. But for TB test its until march so if i want to reapply on jan will it be affected coz it wont be expired at the time of application but it will expire 2 months after?
The test needs to be valid when the visa application is submitted but if it expires afterwards, even before the visa is issued its ok
But u have to renew it before traveling as they might ask you there
I’m not sure 💯 but that is what I read when I was preparing my application >
(I read alooooooot that time lol)
I didn’t need a Tb test so don’t have much info’s
But I hope this helps
Just double check please
🌹🌹🌹🌹

Remti

Post by Remti » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:28 pm

SammyAb wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:23 pm
Remti wrote:
SammyAb wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

The test needs to be valid when the visa application is submitted but if it expires afterwards, even before the visa is issued its ok
But I hope this helps
Just double check please
🌹🌹🌹🌹
Okay thank you hun. Do you know anything about appeal and how to write one?

SammyAb
Newly Registered

Post by SammyAb » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:41 pm

Remti wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:28 pm
SammyAb wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:23 pm
Remti wrote:
SammyAb wrote:

But I hope this helps
Just double check please
🌹🌹🌹🌹
Okay thank you hun. Do you know anything about appeal and how to write one?
No my dear I wish I could help you
But google is full of info
At least u can get an Idea of how is it done and others experiences
Maybe u should check here in the board
I’m sure u will find useful informations
are you doing it ur self or through a lawyer?

Baker90
Newly Registered

Post by Baker90 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:05 pm

SammyAb wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:19 pm
Baker90 wrote:
SammyAb wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:33 pm

How long was your wait?
17 working days
On Tls website it was showing that application transfered to vac. Any idea what is that suppose to mean ? And congrats to u 😊

I hope u hear good news

And thank you 😊
Thank you we ve got an email on Friday just gone to go and collect. My wife going to collect passport tomorrow i hope inshalah is good news

Remti

Post by Remti » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:12 pm

Baker90 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:05 pm
SammyAb wrote:
Baker90 wrote:
SammyAb wrote:

17 working days

I hope u hear good news

And thank you 😊
Thank you we ve got an email on Friday just gone to go and collect. My wife going to collect passport tomorrow i hope inshalah is good news
In shaa Allah it will be . Has your wife received her passport?

Baker90
Newly Registered

Post by Baker90 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:59 pm

Remti wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:12 pm
Baker90 wrote:
SammyAb wrote:
Baker90 wrote:

I hope u hear good news

And thank you 😊
She got her passport back with the visa inside hamdulah i hope it works out the same for everyone whos is waiting for a response

miolamaps
Newly Registered

Post by miolamaps » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:23 pm

Baker90 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:59 pm
Remti wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:12 pm
Baker90 wrote:
SammyAb wrote:

I hope u hear good news

And thank you 😊
She got her passport back with the visa inside hamdulah i hope it works out the same for everyone whos is waiting for a response
Give us your timeline please Baker90

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi everyone

So my husband and I are now at 70 WD, and no response. (No IHS refund either), the frustration and heartbreak now is unreal.

I imagine with the festive period, the UKVI are immensely busy considering that all timelines on this forum are very quiet at the moment

I last contacted them (and it was my first contact) on 17/12/2019 and was told awaiting a decision - currently debating whether to call again to be given another robotic response.

Is there anyone else on this board that had their biometrics mid September and is still awaiting a response?

Hope everyone else waiting has had some movement on their applications!

(Fingers crossed)

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:12 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:56 pm
Hi everyone

So my husband and I are now at 70 WD, and no response. (No IHS refund either), the frustration and heartbreak now is unreal.

I imagine with the festive period, the UKVI are immensely busy considering that all timelines on this forum are very quiet at the moment

I last contacted them (and it was my first contact) on 17/12/2019 and was told awaiting a decision - currently debating whether to call again to be given another robotic response.

Is there anyone else on this board that had their biometrics mid September and is still awaiting a response?

(Fingers crossed)
Hun why would u get refunded for IHS? I Dont understand and unfortunately I'm waiting too still even tho I paid priority.. WD 35 (taking out xmas day and boxing day if I'm correct in doing so)

I'm thinking after new years to get MP involved and see that way ... looks like sitting quiet also doing nothing for many

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:14 pm

Noshr67 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:12 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Hi everyone

(Fingers crossed)
Hun why would u get refunded for IHS? I Dont understand and unfortunately I'm waiting too still even tho I paid priority.. WD 35 (taking out xmas day and boxing day if I'm correct in doing so)

I'm thinking after new years to get MP involved and see that way ... looks like sitting quiet also doing nothing for many
Hey Nosh

Hope you’re well love

My solicitor told me (& I’ve seen on this forum) that one of the two can happen:

1) IHS refunded after refusal decision and after receipt of refusal letter
2) IHS refunded after refusal but before receipt of visa refusal letter

So that’s why I’ve been keeping an eye on my bank balance

I’m in such a bad conflict of whether waiting or contacting again - I fear contacting them may aggravate the process (others may disagree)

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:19 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:14 pm
Noshr67 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Hi everyone

(Fingers crossed)

Hey Nosh

Hope you’re well love

My solicitor told me (& I’ve seen on this forum) that one of the two can happen:

I’m in such a bad conflict of whether waiting or contacting again - I fear contacting them may aggravate the process (others may disagree)
I did also get adviced not to push them too much as they may reject the application if aggravated but then I think they cant just reject it without a solid reason to do so ...

I'm literally at a loss as to what the delay is cz no employers have been contacted and I haven't been either
Not that it would help as u have had your interview and are still waiting.. god knows what the wait even is

I'm gonna have to give it another thought but was thinking to get MP involved after new years as I have paid priority

miolamaps
Newly Registered

Post by miolamaps » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:25 pm

miolamaps wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:14 pm
Visa type: Spouse Settlement (Wife)

• Standard or Priority: Standard

• Visa processing office: Sheffield, UK

• Online application submitted: 21st October 2019

• All documents scanned/uploaded: 26th October 2019 (Self-scanned)

• Biometrics taken: 1st October 2019

• Email from TLS: 1st October 2019 - 'Your visa application has been sent to the Decision Making Centre for processing.'

• Email from Decision Making Centre: 4th November 2019 - 'Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.'

Email to check if has been considered on the 26th November and replied same day that application has been considered and awaiting decision

Employer contacted: no
Sponsor contacted :no

Waiting game anyone on same timeframe
Update
Received email today at 16:00 asking me to TopUp IHS for depends what does this mean ?

Remti

Post by Remti » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:52 pm

Noshr67 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:19 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Hi everyone

(Fingers crossed)

Hey Nosh

Hope you’re well love

I did also get adviced not to push them too much as they may reject the application if aggravated but then I think they cant just reject it without a solid reason to do so ...

I'm literally at a loss as to what the delay is cz no employers have been contacted and I haven't been either
Not that it would help as u have had your interview and are still waiting.. god knows what the wait even is

I'm gonna have to give it another thought but was thinking to get MP involved after new years as I have paid priority
Why would they be aggravated hun when theres a reason of them putting their numbers and email address and charging us £1.37 per minute just for an update when its their job. Im still so lost due to my husbands refusal.

Remti

Post by Remti » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:56 pm

Baker90 wrote:
SammyAb wrote:
Baker90 wrote:
SammyAb wrote:

17 working days

I hope u hear good news

And thank you 😊
Baker if you could please let me know what documents did you send? And if u sent them online through tls or ? And where did your wife do her biometrics

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:09 pm

Remti wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:52 pm
Noshr67 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:19 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:

Hey Nosh

Hope you’re well love

Why would they be aggravated hun when theres a reason of them putting their numbers and email address and charging us £1.37 per minute just for an update when its their job. Im still so lost due to my husbands refusal.
I really don’t know Remti - I think it’s the fear factor and a knowing they can’t actually give me an update other than the usual responses of awaiting decision etc and then I think, I believe in my faith, firmly. And my faith and Allah will not disappoint

Have you searched this forum and Googled appeal documentations? Have you contacted solicitors to aid your appeal?

Hope it works out for you, we all know how you feel!

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:10 pm

miolamaps wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:25 pm
miolamaps wrote:

• Email from TLS: 1st October 2019 - 'Your visa application has been sent to the Decision Making Centre for processing.'

• Email from Decision Making Centre: 4th November 2019 - 'Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.'

Email to check if has been considered on the 26th November and replied same day that application has been considered and awaiting decision

Update
Received email today at 16:00 asking me to TopUp IHS for depends what does this mean ?
That you need to make an IHS payment for any dependants that wasn’t taken at the time of your initial application. Eg for children

(As I understand from other posts)

Possibly good news if they’re asking you to make an IHS payment

miolamaps
Newly Registered

Post by miolamaps » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:22 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:10 pm
miolamaps wrote:
miolamaps wrote:

Update
That you need to make an IHS payment for any dependants that wasn’t taken at the time of your initial application. Eg for children

Thanks and Yes I applied with 2 children though I thought under 18 they don’t pay, anyway I made the payment how long after payment do they normally conclude the application this waiting is killing me 🙆‍♀️

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:25 pm

miolamaps wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:22 pm
ms1993 wrote:
miolamaps wrote:
miolamaps wrote:

Update

Thanks and Yes I applied with 2 children though I thought under 18 they don’t pay, anyway I made the payment how long after payment do they normally conclude the application this waiting is killing me 🙆‍♀️
Sadly can’t answer that query but I imagine it will be soon if they’ve contacted you for IHS

Best of luck :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:17 am

miolamaps wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:22 pm
ms1993 wrote:
miolamaps wrote:
miolamaps wrote:

Update

Let's hope all other checks and verifications done and only the payments is what's required. If so, expect conclusion

AS4LYF
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AS4LYF » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:02 am

Nosh25 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:04 pm
AS4LYF wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:43 pm
Shidd1994 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:59 am
ElizaK wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:25 am
Has anyone else applied for a spouse Visa from pakistan and is still waiting 60+days?
81 working days for me/my husband so far but from Morocco
Yes I have just hit the century mark. 105 working days as of today :(

Biometrics - 23rd July 2019
Location - Mirpur, Pakistan
Standard
Documents returned - 4th September
not straight forward email (after 56 working days) - 10th October 2019
solicitor called up last week Wed 11th Dec (on 100th working day) - was told awaiting decision.

soo frustraing not knowing what is going on.

its been 105 working days and 22 weeks since the biometrics.

I can only hope that I am close to getting a response. :(
Have u escellated the matter?

yes I have escalated already twice, called 3 times in total and my solicitor has called once. I have decided not to call them up anymore as they onoly tell you "awaiting decision" and charge you a lot especially considering they tend to put you on hold as well which adds up at the end of the call.

at the end of the year today (31/12/2019) - 112 WORKING DAYS TODAY :( :x :(

Yazy lat
Algeria

Post by Yazy lat » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:40 am

AS4LYF wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:02 am
Nosh25 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:04 pm
AS4LYF wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:43 pm
Shidd1994 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:59 am

81 working days for me/my husband so far but from Morocco
Yes I have just hit the century mark. 105 working days as of today :(

Biometrics - 23rd July 2019
Location - Mirpur, Pakistan
Standard
Documents returned - 4th September
not straight forward email (after 56 working days) - 10th October 2019
solicitor called up last week Wed 11th Dec (on 100th working day) - was told awaiting decision.

soo frustraing not knowing what is going on.

its been 105 working days and 22 weeks since the biometrics.

I can only hope that I am close to getting a response. :(
Have u escellated the matter?

yes I have escalated already twice, called 3 times in total and my solicitor has called once. I have decided not to call them up anymore as they onoly tell you "awaiting decision" and charge you a lot especially considering they tend to put you on hold as well which adds up at the end of the call.

at the end of the year today (31/12/2019) - 112 WORKING DAYS TODAY :( :x :(

I'll be 130+ now and still waiting decision i've escelated twice and called 4 times!! Biomitric done 25th June... inshallah 2020 will be a happy start to our lives.