ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

Icheema85
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Icheema85 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:05 pm

Many many congrats

Icheema85
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Icheema85 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:07 pm

@ Magus 1984
Hi Magus , my husband is waiting since 28 of October, He received COA on 28 October, we called the resolution centre on Friday and they said your case on on final stage now and wait till Christmas or call them after Christmas

MuhammadM86
Mood:

Post by MuhammadM86 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:46 pm

N123 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:15 pm
any one waiting for decession for more than 5 months?
applied in first week of july got COA on following week but since waiting for decession..Did escalate with EU resolution centre and also HO but got generic reply to wait.
Any suggestion please? TIA

Yes. I have applied mid or April 2019 and still waiting. Apparently vas has been escalated to chief senior office

asadaqeel
Mood:

Post by asadaqeel » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:54 pm

MuhammadM86 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:46 pm
N123 wrote:
applied in first week of july got COA on following week but since waiting for decession..Did escalate with EU resolution centre and also HO but got generic reply to wait.

Yes. I have applied mid or April 2019 and still waiting. Apparently vas has been escalated to chief senior office

Hi Muhammad which status di you applied for ? Did you applied with your wife ?
Thanks

Zynmalikkkk

Post by Zynmalikkkk » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:07 pm

My non EU cousin,s timeline
Applied online Oct 26
Biometric Oct 30
CoA October 31
Received email today December 17 , pre settlement granted.

Icheema85
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Icheema85 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:37 pm

Congrats to you guys :D

MuhammadM86
Mood:

Post by MuhammadM86 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:59 pm

asadaqeel wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:54 pm
MuhammadM86 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:46 pm
N123 wrote:

Hi Muhammad which status di you applied for ? Did you applied with your wife ?
Thanks
No, my wife is EU citizen and settled here, we have been in the UK 10 years. I applied for settled status as we have been married for 5 years, but my status before I applied was a refugee with BRP.

H.O contacted me at 12 weeks after I first applied in April, they said there are very confused with my BRP as I am not applying as if I was On EU spouse visa. They asked for my finger prints, and my wife’s passport. All done straight away and still no signs of any thing.
I have rang them just this evening and been told that they have again escalated for me.

What’s frustrating is that you don’t know where you stand. I am personally not bothered about waiting as I still have time in previous leave and still have my passport with me. But the way they treat people is very poor. No updates no time frame nothing to stand on.

Let’s wait and see what happens next.

Icheema85
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Icheema85 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:42 pm

Eu settled status progress has become a mental torture now, some applicants are facing this long time

ash87
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by ash87 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:22 pm

Hello Everyone
i need advice i am EU national i applied for settled status on 01st july 2019.
when i started my application online the system said i have been living in uk but we have not find your last 6 months record.Then they gave me 2 options select pre settle or settled status
as i am i living in Uk from 5 years and was working continually first 3 years in a company and last 2 years as self employe. i did chosed settled status and i uploaded some documents from last 5 years.
i got CoA letter on 5th july but after that i have not received anything,on 1st january 2020 will complete 6 months.
i called EU resolution help line many time theirs answer was same as always that my file is under process and case worker will contact you.

i am fed up now its been 6 months but still no outcome even if they are not satisfied with the proofs still they should give me pre settle status.

can someone please advice me what i do ?
what will be best for me keep waiting or withdraw my application and submit new one ?

please tell me what i do i will be thankful to all
of you.

MyRights
Newly Registered

Post by MyRights » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:54 am

ash87, i think the best thing is to wait. I have been waiting for that long too. i applied March 31st and received COA 5th of April and on the 10th of May, caseworker contacted me to say since we have initiated divorce, they need me to send decree absolute but i did told her that i haven't got it as i suspected it was going to take some time.

So in June the HO called back to check if i have received decree absolute and if not, when i think i'm going to get it. I told them i'm not sure and then in July, they called back to find out if there was any update and by this time, i've received decree nisi which i told her but the caseworker told me its decree absolute they need. I inform her i'll receive it end of August. She told me to upload immediately so they can complete my application.

Since Sept i've called almost every week and its the same story. Just keep your eyes on your email as the case worker will be in touch as soon as they are done. Two weeks ago, i was told its been escalated to a different case worker and two days ago i called again and i was told its been transferred again on the 15th December to a senior case worker.

It is very draining and torture you mentally. I really wanted this to be sorted so i can concentrate on other things in 2020. It seem to me that all we can do is just wait patiently. If i were you, i wont withdraw the application as that will put you behind and all the energy your are putting in now will go in vain and the worse is, you will have to go through all of this again.

ash87
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by ash87 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:17 pm

MyRights wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:54 am
ash87, i think the best thing is to wait. I have been waiting for that long too. i applied March 31st and received COA 5th of April and on the 10th of May, caseworker contacted me to say since we have initiated divorce, they need me to send decree absolute but i did told her that i haven't got it as i suspected it was going to take some time.

So in June the HO called back to check if i have received decree absolute and if not, when i think i'm going to get it. I told them i'm not sure and then in July, they called back to find out if there was any update and by this time, i've received decree nisi which i told her but the caseworker told me its decree absolute they need. I inform her i'll receive it end of August. She told me to upload immediately so they can complete my application.

Since Sept i've called almost every week and its the same story. Just keep your eyes on your email as the case worker will be in touch as soon as they are done. Two weeks ago, i was told its been escalated to a different case worker and two days ago i called again and i was told its been transferred again on the 15th December to a senior case worker.

It is very draining and torture you mentally. I really wanted this to be sorted so i can concentrate on other things in 2020. It seem to me that all we can do is just wait patiently. If i were you, i wont withdraw the application as that will put you behind and all the energy your are putting in now will go in vain and the worse is, you will have to go through all of this again.

Thank you so much for you advice i will wait few weeks more.but just i am EU national got Romanian passport why still they taking 6 months and more time to give me a decision this is frustrating😞

Rania Anwar
Newly Registered

Post by Rania Anwar » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:06 am

Hi i am non eu family member lived with parents can my eu parent sponsor my husband please Reply me??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:17 am

Rania Anwar wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:06 am
Hi i am non eu family member lived with parents can my eu parent sponsor my husband please Reply me??
Wasn't this already answered when you asked previously?? You are over 21 and presumably your spouse lives abroad.
Rania Anwar wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:11 am
Leo_one wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:41 am
Rania Anwar wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:22 pm
Leo_one wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:39 am

I have believe permanent residence is likely be ILR and I think you can do sponsor but I suggest you to contact a good lawyer before submit your application.
Thanks 💖
Hi I have find one link and read it carefully you will get the right answer of your question.
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
Hi Thank you so much really appreciate that 💖👍
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MrAviatorxx
inactive
Sri Lanka

Post by MrAviatorxx » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:27 pm

Rania Anwar wrote:
Hi Rania,
Yes, they can. Your husband will be an extend family member and providing that you are still with same household with your parents and financially dependent on your parents.

Zadith14

Post by Zadith14 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:30 pm

Quick questions for my husband who is a non-eu national with a family permit.

How long does it take to process pre-settlement application after biometric appointment?
What really happens at biometric appointment? I am a bit worried as my husband''s English is not too good. Hopefully it is straight forward. What documents do we need to bring for the appointment apart from passport of non-eu national?

Rania Anwar
Newly Registered

Post by Rania Anwar » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:56 am

MrAviatorxx wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:27 pm
Rania Anwar wrote:
Hi Rania,
Yes, they can. Your husband will be an extend family member and providing that you are still with same household with your parents and financially dependent on your parents.
Thanks

Icheema85
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Icheema85 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:15 pm

@Zadith14 , Hi ,nothing to be worried about, if you have already attached your relevant documents b4 submitting the application then they will just ask passport on your finger prints appointment and scan your finger prints and passport, nothing else And about the processing times it’s different for everyone, my non eu husband applied on 27 October and gave the fingerprints same day , next day he received his COA but still he is waiting for the decision, on calling to resolution centre they just says that everything is fine (we married almost 10 years ago) and soon he will get decision, it’s just a waiting game (just a mental torture).

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:01 pm

Zadith14 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:30 pm

How long does it take to process pre-settlement application after biometric appointment?
What really happens at biometric appointment? I am a bit worried as my husband''s English is not too good. Hopefully it is straight forward. What documents do we need to bring for the appointment apart from passport of non-eu national?
Original passport, copy of appointment letter
Thats it. No questions asked there
They just scan your passport and take fingerprints

Zadith14

Post by Zadith14 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:07 pm

Icheema85 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:15 pm
@Zadith14 , Hi ,nothing to be worried about, if you have already attached your relevant documents b4 submitting the application then they will just ask passport on your finger prints appointment and scan your finger prints and passport, nothing else And about the processing times it’s different for everyone, my non eu husband applied on 27 October and gave the fingerprints same day , next day he received his COA but still he is waiting for the decision, on calling to resolution centre they just says that everything is fine (we married almost 10 years ago) and soon he will get decision, it’s just a waiting game (just a mental torture).
@Icheema85 thank you so much for the info above. Yeah he submitted the relevant document including our mariage certificate. I thought they will keep his passport. Good thing they will scan and return it to him on the same time. You are right, we are joining the queue for the waiting time frame. My husband biometric appointment is next week. Hope your husband gets a positive response soon:)

Zadith14

Post by Zadith14 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:08 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:01 pm
Zadith14 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:30 pm

Original passport, copy of appointment letter
Thats it. No questions asked there
They just scan your passport and take fingerprints
Thank you for the clarity. Much appreciated:)

DanielD1980
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by DanielD1980 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:06 am

I suppose with the Christmas holidays and General Election everything must have been put on hold. No word yet about a decision for my application made nearly 6 weeks ago, just the prior email for the COA. Has anyone else applied around mid-November and gotten a response since?

DanielD1980 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:12 pm
DanielD1980 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:14 pm
Hi all,

US citizen having been resident here since 2009. First non-biometric residence card expired in 2014, but had to apply for another 5-year non-biometric card since I had been in France for a year with my partner. My partner is an Irish citizen and we're living in Northern Ireland (yes he's from the RoI exercising EU rights in the UK technically). He isn't required to register with the EU settlement scheme so I don't have an application to tie mine to, but here's my timeline so far:

21 November - applied for settled status based on 5+ years of continuous residence. They needed a few extra proofs of residence from a number of years (oddly they needed 2013?) and submitted those. Completed the application and immediately booked a biometrics appointment for 25 November

25 November - biometrics completed and submitted.

As of today, still waiting to hear anything. No correspondence whatsoever yet after two weeks.
And as if the Home Office were watching this board, I received an email with my CoA this morning :P
Now just to wait for my biometric card!

birkeneve
Canada

Post by birkeneve » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:59 am

I’m still waiting. When I called to change my address, the person I spoke with said they were very backed up. Was nice being told that instead of the standard “It’s in processing. Please wait”.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:17 pm

DanielD1980 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:06 am
I suppose with the Christmas holidays and General Election everything must have been put on hold. No word yet about a decision for my application made nearly 6 weeks ago, just the prior email for the COA. Has anyone else applied around mid-November and gotten a response since?

DanielD1980 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:12 pm
DanielD1980 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:14 pm
Hi all,

US citizen having been resident here since 2009. First non-biometric residence card expired in 2014, but had to apply for another 5-year non-biometric card since I had been in France for a year with my partner. My partner is an Irish citizen and we're living in Northern Ireland (yes he's from the RoI exercising EU rights in the UK technically). He isn't required to register with the EU settlement scheme so I don't have an application to tie mine to, but here's my timeline so far:

21 November - applied for settled status based on 5+ years of continuous residence. They needed a few extra proofs of residence from a number of years (oddly they needed 2013?) and submitted those. Completed the application and immediately booked a biometrics appointment for 25 November

25 November - biometrics completed and submitted.

As of today, still waiting to hear anything. No correspondence whatsoever yet after two weeks.
And as if the Home Office were watching this board, I received an email with my CoA this morning :P
Now just to wait for my biometric card!
Waiting since mid November
No response so far call would be waste of time i guess!

Icheema85
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Icheema85 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:15 pm

We are waiting since 27 of October nd no decision yet

Over 2 months nd still waiting

Parisj
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Parisj » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:06 pm

I’m in the same dilemma submitted my application exactly 2 months ago (6th November) Received COA (7th November) and still waiting for my Status my eea residence card expired last month (1st December)I have called the resolution centre serval times and all they keep telling me is,there is nothing wrong with the application just look out for an email my wife is an EU national and got her settled status after 3 weeks of applying I’m constantly looking at my email with no luck