ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DELAYED ILR APPLICATION

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

DELAYED ILR APPLICATION

Post by bizman » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:57 am

Hello Gurus,

I need your advise as to what to do in case of an unfavourable decision. I came to UK on 22nd of August 2014 as Tier1 entrepreneur. My visa was issued on the 26th June 2014. I had five children then and my wife was pregnant of the sixth. I submitted application for six dependants and got an appointment for them with the hope that they will come with me to UK immediately and my wife can then deliver in UK. After booking their appointment for July 2014, my wife was advised by the Doctor to go in immediately and deliver her baby which was less than two weeks to 9 months full term.
She was delivered of the baby through CS prematurely and she was sterilised at the same time.

I could have booked the application of the new baby too at this point but the doctor advised against it as he was not strong enough to be exposed to the public.

My family application came back successful and after few months in September we applied for the new baby, which was refused on doubt that we are not his parents. I had made my first journey in August before this time and was shocked they refused his own visa. So I engaged a lawyer in UK and did a DNA test to prove that we are his parents. They still refused until I sent a very terrible and rude letter to them and told them I was leaving UK back to my home country as it’s of no use for me to stay here with the other family members while my son is back in my home country. At that point they issued the Visa, we had also appealed to the first tier tribunal before then and we withdrew the appeal after the visa was issued.

I did my extension in October 2017 and it came back exactly 2 months, very fast because I keep all records and I understand the requirement of this route a bit well.

I am however at a loss that my application is taking so long since July 27, after four months not yet decided. I was wondering what could be the problem, then I realised I might have made a mistake. I added my last two children to my application because they are both very sick and are been looked after here in UK, one actually had a bone marrow transplant. I thought the sickness was serious and compelling enough for home office to give them consideration even though my wife was not yet upto five years when she could apply.

So I suspected maybe they don’t want to reject their application knowing that my wife would be qualified mid November, all of our visas will expire 11 December, 2019. I submitted for the rest of the family two weeks ago and we are still not receiving a decision and I am confused.

What will be my option in case of negative decision. I need your help seniors please. I am still running my business but I have released the employees as the cost is heavy in business. So I work with other tradesmen as I am in building industry.

Can I just wait for the decision and go for AR or Judicial review if not favourable or what options do you suggest seniors.
Bizman

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: DELAYED ILR APPLICATION

Post by bizman » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:12 am

Also please note that I mentioned the refusal of the boys initial application in 2014 and the eventual overturn of the decision and I am suspecting this might be the reason they are taking their time to decide. I should not have possibly mentioned it as it was overturned. It seems I made a silly mistake by doing so.

I am really at a loss and I really need gurus advise here. Please help me.
Bizman

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:15 am

Zimba and CR001, Seagol, Aman 90 etc kindly help
Bizman

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:20 am

Ok.. so let me understand this.
You believe ur ILR decision has been delayed coz of ur 2 children who are unwell...?
You spouse & dependants qualify for ILR from the date the PBS dependant visa were granted.
It’s only been 4 months. Standard is 6 months.
You are overthinking this.. it’ll be fine.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Thank you so much Aman 90, it’s just been stressful waiting and waiting without any communication with HO.
I was just wondering if it’s the information about the initial refusal that they might be looking into. I didn’t want to withhold any material information.
Bizman

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:01 pm

Children are normally granted ILR in line with both parents.
You applied for ILR for urself n ur 2 children initially in July
Then two weeks ago Nov you applied for rest of the family including the mother.

Material information? They refused and then overturned the decision and granted it. This is hardly a reason for a delay. HO has all the info with them.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:32 pm

Ok mate. Thanks a lot for your good wishes. Thank you
Bizman

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:33 pm

Zimbas opinion will also be appreciated.
Bizman

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:08 pm

I do not see why you should be refused ILR. If I were you, I would have applied for the children with their mother to be on the safe side but I do not see any other reason as now all family are eligible. Tier 1E ILR tends to take a around 6 months these days but the delays are often related to genuineness rather than dependants. Do not worry, simply wait for a response.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:49 pm

Thanks a lot mate. Much appreciated. I just became suddenly worried and thought to express it here on this wonderful platform where we have had so many assistances. Thanks so much Zimba and Aman90. I hope for the best.
Bizman

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:09 pm

I just got my ILR approval letter this afternoon at exactly 5 months of my application. I want to say a big thank you to all the gurus and senior members Zimba, very great guy, Cullinan, my invincible friend, CR001, very excellent moderator, Aman90, etc.

It’s been a long journey since 2014 and I know without the help you guys gave, it could have been more challenging.

One very important advise I will like to give is
If you are applying and your BRP is valid, apply yours first and then your family but if your BRP will soon expire, apply everyone together. Applying separately waste a lot of time. And make sure you keep your application very simple.

I pray for all those still waiting that you will get yours too very soon. I will continue to contribute my little knowledge on the platform as much as I can. God bless everyone.
Bizman

sassybee

Post by sassybee » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:25 pm

bizman wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:09 pm
I just got my ILR approval letter this afternoon at exactly 5 months of my application. I want to say a big thank you to all the gurus and senior members Zimba, very great guy, Cullinan, my invincible friend, CR001, very excellent moderator, Aman90, etc.

It’s been a long journey since 2014 and I know without the help you guys gave, it could have been more challenging.

If you are applying and your BRP is valid, apply yours first and then your family but if your BRP will soon expire, apply everyone together. Applying separately waste a lot of time. And make sure you keep your application very simple.

I pray for all those still waiting that you will get yours too very soon. I will continue to contribute my little knowledge on the platform as much as I can. God bless everyone.
Congratulations @bizman. So happy for you :) :)

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:32 pm

Thanks a lot mate.
Bizman

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:49 pm

bizman wrote:

Happy for you Bizman. Whattay great start of new year 2020 for you! Happy New Year and celebrate your success with your family.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:59 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:49 pm
bizman wrote:

Happy for you Bizman. Whattay great start of new year 2020 for you! Happy New Year and celebrate your success with your family.
That's a bit unfair to 2019. Bizman got the good news today, which is a fab end to 2019, so credit should go to 2019 for such a lovely ending :)

Congrats bizman. Wish you and the rest of the forum members a great 2020. Cheers 🍺
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:03 am

CULLINAN wrote:
bizman wrote:

Thank you so much Cullinan. You have been very kind to everyone. I wish you and your family all the best for the new year. Happy new year mate.
Bizman

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:04 am

srsw wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:59 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
bizman wrote:

That's a bit unfair to 2019. Bizman got the good news today, which is a fab end to 2019, so credit should go to 2019 for such a lovely ending :)

Congrats bizman. Wish you and the rest of the forum members a great 2020. Cheers 🍺
Many thanks srsw, I wish you all the best in this new year 2020.
Bizman

Rehan1979

Post by Rehan1979 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:51 pm

bizman wrote:

Congratulations Bizman... my application date is the same date as yours I.e 28 July... but there is no update for me .. Bizman did you receive any confirmation email?? OR just the letter ..

Thanks

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:47 pm

Thanks Rehan1979, I just got the letter at home. No confirmation email. Though I got the under consideration email that was meant to come on the 27th on the 30th of December, I then suspected it was possibly been decided. Then I got the approval letter at home.
Do you normally get under consideration emails monthly?
Bizman

Rehan1979

Post by Rehan1979 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:03 am

bizman wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:47 pm
Thanks Rehan1979, I just got the letter at home. No confirmation email. Though I got the under consideration email that was meant to come on the 27th on the 30th of December, I then suspected it was possibly been decided. Then I got the approval letter at home.
Do you normally get under consideration emails monthly?
thanks bizman for your reply , yes I am getting the same monthly consideration emails on every 29 or 30 and the last was on 30 Dec 19. Hopefully I will get my positive decision soon .. just pray bizman . Thanks

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:52 am

Yes you will get it shortly by the grace of God.
Bizman

Rehan1979

Post by Rehan1979 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:57 am

bizman wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:52 am
Yes you will get it shortly by the grace of God.
thanks Bizman .. hopefully soon