ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mommabeark
Newly Registered

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by Mommabeark » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:47 pm

snooky wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:17 pm
Ugofify wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:56 pm
Mommabeark wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:05 pm
snooky wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:17 pm

Mommabeark

Know that the Supreme Court has weakened the firewalls of the original Patel case that Home Office used for their guidance.

The requirements for Zambrano in accordance of the ruling on 16 December 2019 by Lady Hale is for section 55 (best interest of the child) be a major part of Zambrano application on minor Union members as far as there is, dependency, subsisting right and responsibility from the non eea family member. So you really stand a chance but you would have to invoke your eea regulations right as that one is more of a Directive then EU Settlement Scheme.

Apply for your residence card as the EEA Zambrano derivative card and Settled status card runs co-currently. They dont overlap.

As for your student Finance you can use your 2.5 ltr under domestic immigration law to secure it as it is protected by section 3C (variations of leave) under domestic immigration law.

But all depends when you came here in uk and how many years you have spent. There something called long residence student Finance assessment.

Ask them and take it from there

Snooky thank you for enlightening me in this issue, please can you send me the link for that eea regulations application and does it have a fee?
Also, with regards to the student finance , I already applied for it but they said because I have “no recourse to public funds” on my biometric , I have no eligibility for it. I am not eligible for the long residence category

@mommabeark,
I have been there since 2014 even with recourse to public fund on limited leave to remain you still don’t qualify for student finance but indefinite leave to remain you do.I was on derivative residence permits for 5 years before I got leave to remain for 2.5 years.I have been waiting since June for settled status but no response till now.I have ask for my documents back because I am completely 10 years lawfull stay in 2020 I don’t want to miss my September school .
I understand your point

Remember Settlement Scheme is not EU thing and is british offer to secure people with EU right.

As you have had EEA permit before on Zambrano, reapply please because Home Office respect the application time frame under eea EU then Settlement Scheme.

Reinvoke your right please. With the student loan company is all about 3 years preceding to the start of the academic year of your course.

Even if you get settled status, they going to tell you there is a break on your leave thats is if your Zambrano leave has expired though it is with the Immigration. Student Finance has a very rigid system.
Thank you guys so much for these informations. Snooky , I will apply for the EEA permit and still wait on the results of the settled status and see if god can work a miracle for me before my start date in March as I have done the paper applications since June . Thank you so much and god bless

Mommabeark
Newly Registered

Post by Mommabeark » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:49 pm

Ugofify wrote:
Mommabeark wrote:
snooky wrote:
Mommabeark wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:36 am
Hello snooky, pls do you have any advice on my situation . Thanks
Mommabeark

Know that the Supreme Court has weakened the firewalls of the original Patel case that Home Office used for their guidance.

The requirements for Zambrano in accordance of the ruling on 16 December 2019 by Lady Hale is for section 55 (best interest of the child) be a major part of Zambrano application on minor Union members as far as there is, dependency, subsisting right and responsibility from the non eea family member. So you really stand a chance but you would have to invoke your eea regulations right as that one is more of a Directive then EU Settlement Scheme.

Apply for your residence card as the EEA Zambrano derivative card and Settled status card runs co-currently. They dont overlap.

As for your student Finance you can use your 2.5 ltr under domestic immigration law to secure it as it is protected by section 3C (variations of leave) under domestic immigration law.

But all depends when you came here in uk and how many years you have spent. There something called long residence student Finance assessment.

Snooky thank you for enlightening me in this issue, please can you send me the link for that eea regulations application and does it have a fee?
Also, with regards to the student finance , I already applied for it but they said because I have “no recourse to public funds” on my biometric , I have no eligibility for it. I am not eligible for the long residence category

@mommabeark,
I have been there since 2014 even with recourse to public fund on limited leave to remain you still don’t qualify for student finance but indefinite leave to remain you do.I was on derivative residence permits for 5 years before I got leave to remain for 2.5 years.I have been waiting since June for settled status but no response till now.I have ask for my documents back because I am completely 10 years lawfull stay in 2020 I don’t want to miss my September school .
Ugoffiy,

Same for me, my application was done in June still waiting! May god work a miracle for all of us on here!

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:30 pm

Spoke to my local newly elected MP about my eu set application. Ask her if she can get decision for me as it is about 5 months now. She sais she will write to HO or raise in parliament.

snooky

Post by snooky » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:34 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:30 pm
Spoke to my local newly elected MP about my eu set application. Ask her if she can get decision for me as it is about 5 months now. She sais she will write to HO or raise in parliament.
Mubashir

MPs are useless
EU Settlement Scheme is british promise not deeds to secure those with or had ever had EU right in uk.

MPs letters aint important.

What they will tell the mp is that, they have officially started considering your application.

Dont worry your mp

Once you have done your eea application under Zambrano, please wait within the 6 months period

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:54 am

snooky wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:34 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:30 pm
Mubashir

MPs are useless
EU Settlement Scheme is british promise not deeds to secure those with or had ever had EU right in uk.

MPs letters aint important.

What they will tell the mp is that, they have officially started considering your application.

Dont worry your mp

Once you have done your eea application under Zambrano, please wait within the 6 months period
I really regret not to make drf1 application at first place in july. I have wasted 5 month's
Whn i spoke to eu resolution center they said u dont need to make application under eea u can juat make eu settlement.
6 month long wait. No problem in job but need brp to travel.

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:02 am

Mommabeark wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:49 pm
Ugofify wrote:
Mommabeark wrote:
snooky wrote:

Mommabeark

@mommabeark,
Ugoffiy,

Same for me, my application was done in June still waiting! May god work a miracle for all of us on here!
@Ugoffiy

Morning Fam, am really happy to hear you going back to fight for your real life.

Settlement Scheme Office and permanent Migration Office for EEA members and family members are same. Same people considering the settlement scheme application.

Home Office is all about the money. Your protection for being here is your Zambrano right under EEA REGULATIONS. When that is secured Home Office promise will become a deed of bond to protect you after we have left EU.

Go for it and wait for your settled status application too. With EEA applications Home Office respect the directives and work to conclude cases within 6 months as been agreed by eu27.

With EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME all member States have different laws to secure members because it a domestic policy of a bargain chip for all to secure good agreement.

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:43 am

Ugofify wrote:
Mommabeark wrote:
snooky wrote:
Mommabeark wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:36 am
Hello snooky, pls do you have any advice on my situation . Thanks
Mommabeark

@mommabeark,
mommabeark

When it comes to student Finance, their rules are different. People with british passport are and can be denied. Simple because it all about been in the country continuously for 3 years preceding the start of the academic year of your course.

Having Indefinite Leave does not automatically makes you qualify for their requirements. You would have to proof 3 years unbroken right to reside and habitual residence test before they could offer you the money.

One the forms they will ask you to declare 3 - 5 years address and letter ask you to bring evidence for all those years.

Good luck

Mommabeark
Newly Registered

Post by Mommabeark » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:54 am

snooky wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:43 am
Ugofify wrote:
Mommabeark wrote:
snooky wrote:

Mommabeark

@mommabeark,
mommabeark

When it comes to student Finance, their rules are different. People with british passport are and can be denied. Simple because it all about been in the country continuously for 3 years preceding the start of the academic year of your course.

Having Indefinite Leave does not automatically makes you qualify for their requirements. You would have to proof 3 years unbroken right to reside and habitual residence test before they could offer you the money.

One the forms they will ask you to declare 3 - 5 years address and letter ask you to bring evidence for all those years.

Good luck
@snooky

I qualify for that 3years period with no gap, there reason for refusing me is that, I have a 2.5 ltr with comes with a condition of no recourse to public funds. But as you’ve advices I will be applying for my eea card. Also, I was wondering if I should call them and tell them about the uni start and see if that will make any difference? Or what do you suggest?

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:05 am

Mommabeark wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:54 am
snooky wrote:
Ugofify wrote:
Mommabeark wrote:

@mommabeark,
mommabeark

Good luck
@snooky

I qualify for that 3years period with no gap, there reason for refusing me is that, I have a 2.5 ltr with comes with a condition of no recourse to public funds. But as you’ve advices I will be applying for my eea card. Also, I was wondering if I should call them and tell them about the uni start and see if that will make any difference? Or what do you suggest?
You could do so but it not one of the things they consider under fast track to conclude cases.

With the student Finance, appeal that decision because they have erred. Student Finance is a loan not means tested benefits. It should not affect you. The requirement is to be here lawfully.

Appeal

Mommabeark
Newly Registered

Post by Mommabeark » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:19 am

snooky wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:05 am
Mommabeark wrote:
snooky wrote:
Ugofify wrote:

@mommabeark,
mommabeark

Good luck
@snooky

You could do so but it not one of the things they consider under fast track to conclude cases.

With the student Finance, appeal that decision because they have erred. Student Finance is a loan not means tested benefits. It should not affect you. The requirement is to be here lawfully.

Appeal
@snooky

Thank you 🙏🏾 God bless you! Abundantly

Mommabeark
Newly Registered

Post by Mommabeark » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:38 am

snooky wrote:
Mommabeark wrote:
snooky wrote:
Ugofify wrote:

@mommabeark,
mommabeark

Good luck
@snooky

Appeal
@snooky,
Please I have just got off the phone with student finance and they have also advised me to appeal, I need your help please. Is there anyways you can guide me with this, they said either to send them an email or download their form online and post it to them. Please I beg you, help me out here. God bless x

Jen1979
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Jen1979 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:54 pm

snooky wrote:
Ugofify wrote:
Mommabeark wrote:
snooky wrote:

Mommabeark

@mommabeark,
mommabeark

Good luck

I’m in the process of appealing the student loan Because the refused to pay for my student loan on the basis that I don’t have enough evidence to support I was in the country between Jan and June. I was in country but at that time I was in the process of renewing my DRC. I’m going to appeal because I’m of the understanding that while I’m waiting on my answer from the home office my leave is ongoing.

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:54 pm

Mommabeark wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:38 am
snooky wrote:
Mommabeark wrote:
snooky wrote:

mommabeark

Good luck
@snooky

Appeal
@snooky,
Please I have just got off the phone with student finance and they have also advised me to appeal, I need your help please. Is there anyways you can guide me with this, they said either to send them an email or download their form online and post it to them. Please I beg you, help me out here. God bless x
How many years have you lived in the UK and i presume you’re over 18 years

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:59 pm

snooky wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:54 pm
Mommabeark wrote:
snooky wrote:
Mommabeark wrote:

@snooky

Appeal
@snooky,
You might be eligible for Student Finance if:

You or your parent or your spouse/civil partner have been recognised as a refugee by the UK Government and you have remained ordinarily resident in the UK and Islands since then; or

You are settled in the UK, but you have been living outside the UK in the EEA or Switzerland during the three-year period immediately before 1st September of the year in which you start your course, and you were settled in the UK immediately before you moved to the EEA or Switzerland.

You hold Limited Leave to Remain (including Discretionary Leave to Remain) in the UK and have long residence in the UK. Following a court case in summer 2015 known as 'Tigere' the government has introduced a new category of eligibility from the 2016-17 academic year. You need to be either:

someone who is under 18 years of age and who has lived in the UK for at least 7 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course; or

aged 18 years and above and who has either spent at least half their life in the UK or at least 20 years in the UK prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course.

If you think your Zambrano can allow you to qualify or ltr also then one of this could be used for your appeal

Mommabeark
Newly Registered

Post by Mommabeark » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:59 pm

snooky wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:59 pm
snooky wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:54 pm
Mommabeark wrote:
snooky wrote:

Appeal
@snooky,
You might be eligible for Student Finance if:

You or your parent or your spouse/civil partner have been recognised as a refugee by the UK Government and you have remained ordinarily resident in the UK and Islands since then; or

You are settled in the UK, but you have been living outside the UK in the EEA or Switzerland during the three-year period immediately before 1st September of the year in which you start your course, and you were settled in the UK immediately before you moved to the EEA or Switzerland.

You hold Limited Leave to Remain (including Discretionary Leave to Remain) in the UK and have long residence in the UK. Following a court case in summer 2015 known as 'Tigere' the government has introduced a new category of eligibility from the 2016-17 academic year. You need to be either:

someone who is under 18 years of age and who has lived in the UK for at least 7 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course; or

aged 18 years and above and who has either spent at least half their life in the UK or at least 20 years in the UK prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course.

If you think your Zambrano can allow you to qualify or ltr also then one of this could be used for your appeal
@snooky

Thank you, yes I am over 18 and have been in this country for 11years going 12 in March.

Ugofify

Post by Ugofify » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:29 pm

Mommabeark wrote:
Ugofify wrote:
Mommabeark wrote:
snooky wrote:

Mommabeark

Know that the Supreme Court has weakened the
e firewalls of the original Patel case that
Home Office used for their guidance.

@mommabeark,
Ugoffiy,

I pray so

Ugofify

Post by Ugofify » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:37 pm

snooky wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:02 am
Mommabeark wrote:
Ugofify wrote:
Mommabeark wrote:

@mommabeark,
Ugoffiy,

@Ugoffiy

Morning Fam, am really happy to hear you going back to fight for your real life.

Settlement Scheme Office and permanent Migration Office for EEA members and family members are same. Same people considering the settlement scheme application.

Home Office is all about the money. Your protection for being here is your Zambrano right under EEA REGULATIONS. When that is secured Home Office promise will become a deed of bond to protect you after we have left EU.

Go for it and wait for your settled status application too. With EEA applications Home Office respect the directives and work to conclude cases within 6 months as been agreed by eu27.

With EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME all member States have different laws to secure members because it a domestic policy of a bargain chip for all to secure good agreement.
@snooky I am not planning to reapply for Zambrano derivative permit again I am just hoping my settlement status come through if not I will apply for indefinite leave under immigration long residency because I also qualify for it soon.Yes high fee but you know what I can’t wait for them for ever.I spent five complete years on Zambrano without leave to remain.I think I was among the first people issued a derivative residence card and that does not qualify for student finance even leave to remain with recourse to public funds don’t either.I have applied and appeal and I have no gap in lawful stay over almost ten years.

Zaza mum

Post by Zaza mum » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:51 pm

Happy new year to all my Zambrano family members. Wishing all of you happy and a less stress free year. To those with already got decision, goodluck and you progress more and more in whatever you doing and the of us still waiting, this is our year, whether HO like it or Yes. Our decision will soon be arriving in the post in Jesus Mighty Name🙏
God bless you for always supporting each other through this forum

Loloebele
Newly Registered

Post by Loloebele » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:00 pm

Zaza mum wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:51 pm
Happy new year to all my Zambrano family members. Wishing all of you happy and a less stress free year. To those with already got decision, goodluck and you progress more and more in whatever you doing and the of us still waiting, this is our year, whether HO like it or Yes. Our decision will soon be arriving in the post in Jesus Mighty Name🙏
God bless you for always supporting each other through this forum
Amen. We’ll all hear good news soon in Jesus name.

alana7
Grenada

Post by alana7 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:28 pm

@ snooky I think I will apply for Flr fp as a partner under the 10 year route seeing as I have a higher bar to fulfil with eu settlement zambrano. Thank you for all your advice though. You, Topsibelle and many more have given me a lot of heart in some vwry trying times.

Prettymum

Post by Prettymum » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:40 pm

Hello Everyone, I want to ask can i apply for an N I with certificate of Application? Thank you

Billyosa
Ghana

Post by Billyosa » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:33 am

Prettymum wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:40 pm
Hello Everyone, I want to ask can i apply for an N I with certificate of Application? Thank you
Yes you can.. call them and book an appointment. Get a proof of address and all will be done..

Hadjer123
Newly Registered

Post by Hadjer123 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:54 am

Dear all , I just wanted to update you on my case , I have received the court decision dated the 19th December 2019 and the court has allowed my appeal against the home office as well as they have been ordered to pay me back the £80 I paid to launch the appeal .

Still waiting on my scheme application nothing yet since I have received the CoA back in August .

Good luck everyone and happy new year , May this new year bring happy news to all of us .

snooky

Post by snooky » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:39 am

Hadjer123 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:54 am
Dear all , I just wanted to update you on my case , I have received the court decision dated the 19th December 2019 and the court has allowed my appeal against the home office as well as they have been ordered to pay me back the £80 I paid to launch the appeal .

Still waiting on my scheme application nothing yet since I have received the CoA back in August .

Good luck everyone and happy new year , May this new year bring happy news to all of us .
Congratulations.

Home Office keeps losing. Thank God

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:48 am

Hadjer123 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:54 am

Great news many congratulations.