ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Noshr67
Mood:

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Noshr67 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:58 am

Yazy lat wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:40 am
AS4LYF wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:02 am
Nosh25 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:04 pm
AS4LYF wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:43 pm

Yes I have just hit the century mark. 105 working days as of today :(

Biometrics - 23rd July 2019
Location - Mirpur, Pakistan
Standard
Documents returned - 4th September
not straight forward email (after 56 working days) - 10th October 2019
solicitor called up last week Wed 11th Dec (on 100th working day) - was told awaiting decision.

soo frustraing not knowing what is going on.

its been 105 working days and 22 weeks since the biometrics.

I can only hope that I am close to getting a response. :(
Have u escellated the matter?

yes I have escalated already twice, called 3 times in total and my solicitor has called once. I have decided not to call them up anymore as they onoly tell you "awaiting decision" and charge you a lot especially considering they tend to put you on hold as well which adds up at the end of the call.

at the end of the year today (31/12/2019) - 112 WORKING DAYS TODAY :( :x :(

I'll be 130+ now and still waiting decision i've escelated twice and called 4 times!! Biomitric done 25th June... inshallah 2020 will be a happy start to our lives.
This is just crazy
At this point I would definitely have gotten MP involved or written to them personally to complain

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:00 am

Are you guys who have been waiting 100 plus days and escellated the matter.. r u getting any response back to your escalation via email ect to say there is a delay or just being told awaiting decision?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:46 am

Yazy lat wrote:
AS4LYF wrote:
Nosh25 wrote:
AS4LYF wrote:

Standard
solicitor called up last week Wed 11th Dec (on 100th working day) - was told awaiting decision.

yes I have escalated already twice, called 3 times in total and my solicitor has called once. I have decided not to call them up anymore as they onoly tell you "awaiting decision" and charge you a lot especially considering they tend to put you on hold as well which adds up at the end of the call.

I'll be 130+ now and still waiting decision i've escelated twice and called 4 times!! Biomitric done 25th June... inshallah 2020 will be a happy start to our lives.
Are there any complications within your application? Eg two jobs / previous history etc?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:47 am

AS4LYF wrote:
Nosh25 wrote:
AS4LYF wrote:
Shidd1994 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:59 am

81 working days for me/my husband so far but from Morocco

Standard

Hi

Are there any complications in your application eg finance / previous history?

Trying to understand if it is a ‘complex’ application that would warrant such a long waiting time!

Yazy lat
Algeria

Post by Yazy lat » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:58 am

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:46 am
Yazy lat wrote:
AS4LYF wrote:
Nosh25 wrote:

Are there any complications within your application? Eg two jobs / previous history etc?

No, i've got 1 job and get paid more than what they require. I'm assuming it's my husbands home country taking so long to do the checks there (algeria) the has never been to the uk so there is no immigration history.... i'm just praying it's over soon

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:00 pm

Yazy lat wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:58 am
ms1993 wrote:
Yazy lat wrote:
AS4LYF wrote:

No, i've got 1 job and get paid more than what they require. I'm assuming it's my husbands home country taking so long to do the checks there (algeria) the has never been to the uk so there is no immigration history.... i'm just praying it's over soon

Thank you for responding. Ever since my husband and I received the case not straight forward email I’ve been on a hunt to understand if it is auto generated to buy more time or if there really are complications 🤷🏽‍♀️

AS4LYF
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AS4LYF » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:05 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:47 am
AS4LYF wrote:
Nosh25 wrote:
AS4LYF wrote:

Standard

Hi

Trying to understand if it is a ‘complex’ application that would warrant such a long waiting time!

no complications from my side. I have applied with 2 jobs and my wife (in Pakistan) and neither myself have had any criminal history or immigration problems before.

I have read somewhere on this form that the HO should aim to give a decision within 120 working days but then again Yazy Lat should have received their decision according to that information.

I know it's thinking too far ahead but for me I can only hope I get a response by the end of January 2020 as the 31st Jan 2020 will be 134 working days for me as well as the 6 months. :(

also I am wondering that since I applied from Mirpur, there was a huge earthquake in Mirpur on the 24th September 2019, surely this should not be the reason for the delay right? as they should have relocated to Islamabad?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:11 pm

AS4LYF wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:05 pm
ms1993 wrote:
AS4LYF wrote:
Nosh25 wrote:

Hi

no complications from my side. I have applied with 2 jobs and my wife (in Pakistan) and neither myself have had any criminal history or immigration problems before.

I have read somewhere on this form that the HO should aim to give a decision within 120 working days but then again Yazy Lat should have received their decision according to that information.

I know it's thinking too far ahead but for me I can only hope I get a response by the end of January 2020 as the 31st Jan 2020 will be 134 working days for me as well as the 6 months. :(

also I am wondering that since I applied from Mirpur, there was a huge earthquake in Mirpur on the 24th September 2019, surely this should not be the reason for the delay right? as they should have relocated to Islamabad?
I suppose that’s what I’m trying to understand which is the reason for the delay - is it backlog or true complications within the case

Have you tried to raise a complaint?

Re your query about Mirpur - that possibly could be the case? But you are right that they should have relocated to ISB - I remember seeing someone who had received their visa but was told to go to ISB to collect

Wishing you the best for the New Year - May you received good news

AS4LYF
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AS4LYF » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:31 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:11 pm
AS4LYF wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
AS4LYF wrote:

Hi

I suppose that’s what I’m trying to understand which is the reason for the delay - is it backlog or true complications within the case

Re your query about Mirpur - that possibly could be the case? But you are right that they should have relocated to ISB - I remember seeing someone who had received their visa but was told to go to ISB to collect

Thank You, hope everyone here gets their VISA success in the new year.

there is just one thing bugging me, the HO have called you and your husband before, however in the past 112 working days (5 and a half months) nobody has contacted myself nor my 2 employers, they have also not requested any additional paperwork from myself as they returned all my original documents in September 3 months ago.

just like yourself I am also trying to figure out what could be the problem, I personally don't think it could be to do with the checks since neither of us have any immigration history and my wife has never left her country :/

these are the conclusions I have come to:

- they have not asked for extra paperwork (if they needed extra paperwork, surely they should have asked me in the past 3 months)
- nobody has called myself
- nobody has called my workplace

just a bit confusing. however shortly after I received the "not straightforward" email I did get 2 calls off an "Unknown ID" but the moment I answered my phone the line just got disconnected. surely if they were to call me someone would physically speak to me over the phone and confirm that I am who I am as well as introduce themselves. I mean how can I physically speak to someone if the line gets disconnected the moment I answer the call.

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:48 pm

Have u had no response via email to your escellations?

Yazy lat
Algeria

Post by Yazy lat » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:06 pm

Noshr67 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:00 am
Are you guys who have been waiting 100 plus days and escellated the matter.. r u getting any response back to your escalation via email ect to say there is a delay or just being told awaiting decision?
I will get an MP involved after new year if i still dont get a response... When I escalated twice they just send me an Automated email saying we are working on your application... or application not straightforward... the same emails everyone gets when they escalate. They don't write personaly to you.

AS4LYF
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AS4LYF » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:15 pm

Yazy lat wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:06 pm
Noshr67 wrote:
I will get an MP involved after new year if i still dont get a response... When I escalated twice they just send me an Automated email saying we are working on your application... or application not straightforward... the same emails everyone gets when they escalate. They don't write personaly to you.
LazyYat. have you applied for your VISA with the help of a solicitor or no? I have used a solicitor for mine however they have mentioned to me that if I ever want them to call or email HO on my behalf, I would have to use my card details. now if that is the point then I would rather call and/or email them myself.

the MP is an option that I am also looking into myself.

I have decided to be a bit more patient (holding my breath...) and give it until the end of January the latest because by then my 6 months (24+ weeks) would be up.

please keep me updated on your progress YazyLat, ms1993 and Noshr67

if others cannot really give us the answers we are looking for, at least we can help and update each other as each day goes by. :)

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:19 pm

AS4LYF wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:15 pm
Yazy lat wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:06 pm
Noshr67 wrote:
LazyYat. have you applied for your VISA with the help of a solicitor or no? I have used a solicitor for mine however they have mentioned to me that if I ever want them to call or email HO on my behalf, I would have to use my card details. now if that is the point then I would rather call and/or email them myself.

the MP is an option that I am also looking into myself.

I have decided to be a bit more patient (holding my breath...) and give it until the end of January the latest because by then my 6 months (24+ weeks) would be up.

please keep me updated on your progress YazyLat, ms1993 and Noshr67

if others cannot really give us the answers we are looking for, at least we can help and update each other as each day goes by. :)
Yes you will need to call yourself as they take care authorisation for the cost of the call - not like we’ve paid enough already!

Keeping you all in my prayers

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:23 pm

AS4LYF wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:31 pm
ms1993 wrote:
AS4LYF wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

Hi

there is just one thing bugging me, the HO have called you and your husband before, however in the past 112 working days (5 and a half months) nobody has contacted myself nor my 2 employers, they have also not requested any additional paperwork from myself as they returned all my original documents in September 3 months ago.

just like yourself I am also trying to figure out what could be the problem, I personally don't think it could be to do with the checks since neither of us have any immigration history and my wife has never left her country :/

- they have not asked for extra paperwork (if they needed extra paperwork, surely they should have asked me in the past 3 months)

just a bit confusing. however shortly after I received the "not straightforward" email I did get 2 calls off an "Unknown ID" but the moment I answered my phone the line just got disconnected. surely if they were to call me someone would physically speak to me over the phone and confirm that I am who I am as well as introduce themselves. I mean how can I physically speak to someone if the line gets disconnected the moment I answer the call.
If that’s the case then it could be a backlog? Lack of staff? Maybe a complaint would help in your situation but of course, do so with what you feel is right. A complaint would be dealt with separate to the enquiries but may result in the same response that they have advised you of the delay.

They would leave you a message if they were to call, I hope

I also think any that are not straight forward or are delayed past 60 working days seem to be dealt in the 120 WD. They have been very stealth with this timescale. Normally advise 60 days but actually their global standard is 120 WD/6 months. And interestingly, recently I noticed that where before you could check the timelines for % of cases completed within a certain timescale, they’ve taken that option off their website which leads me to think there’s a back log.

AS4LYF
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AS4LYF » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:26 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:23 pm
AS4LYF wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
AS4LYF wrote:

If that’s the case then it could be a backlog? Lack of staff? Maybe a complaint would help in your situation but of course, do so with what you feel is right. A complaint would be dealt with separate to the enquiries but may result in the same response that they have advised you of the delay.

I also think any that are not straight forward or are delayed past 60 working days seem to be dealt in the 120 WD. They have been very stealth with this timescale. Normally advise 60 days but actually their global standard is 120 WD/6 months. And interestingly, recently I noticed that where before you could check the timelines for % of cases completed within a certain timescale, they’ve taken that option off their website which leads me to think there’s a back log.
I really really hope so that they respond to me within 120 working days, my 120 working days will be up in about 2 weeks' time on Monday 13th Jan 2020, however giving the holidays/new year I will give it maybe until the week after or the end of the month and pray for the good news.

Remti

Post by Remti » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:37 pm

AS4LYF wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:26 pm
ms1993 wrote:
AS4LYF wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

I really really hope so that they respond to me within 120 working days, my 120 working days will be up in about 2 weeks' time on Monday 13th Jan 2020, however giving the holidays/new year I will give it maybe until the week after or the end of the month and pray for the good news.
I just found this interesting whixh is from the gov website as a lot of people misunderstood that the processing time starts from the time u submit your application.

You should get a decision within 12 weeks of attending your appointment at the visa application centre, where 1 week is 5 working days

AS4LYF
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AS4LYF » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:41 pm

Remti wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:37 pm
AS4LYF wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
AS4LYF wrote:

I just found this interesting whixh is from the gov website as a lot of people misunderstood that the processing time starts from the time u submit your application.

You should get a decision within 12 weeks of attending your appointment at the visa application centre, where 1 week is 5 working days

yes the appointment at the visa application centre is called the biometrics where the applicant has to give in their passport/paperwork etc and then just wait until they get a text message/call/email saying that their passport is ready for collection.

when did you have your biometrics appointment?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:01 pm

AS4LYF wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:41 pm
Remti wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:37 pm
AS4LYF wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

yes the appointment at the visa application centre is called the biometrics where the applicant has to give in their passport/paperwork etc and then just wait until they get a text message/call/email saying that their passport is ready for collection.

when did you have your biometrics appointment?
True but when they fail to meet the 60 working days, the global standards kick in...

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:16 pm

Yazy lat wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Yazy lat wrote:
AS4LYF wrote:

You know I’ve just realised you received a decision made email in October and nothing since? Have you f/up and confirmed this status again as it now?

Yazy lat
Algeria

Post by Yazy lat » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:18 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:16 pm
Yazy lat wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Yazy lat wrote:

I'll be 130+ now and still waiting decision i've escelated twice and called 4 times!! Biomitric done
25th June... inshallah 2020 will be a happy start to our lives.

You know I’ve just realised you received a decision made email in October and nothing since? Have you f/up and confirmed this status again as it now?
Yeah, that was the first time I called and the lady that was on the phone said decision made... after 15 days I called up again and a man answered and said awiting decision... there must of been a confession or miss understanding! I still have no idea why she said that in the first place :|

Remti

Post by Remti » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:18 pm

Yazy lat wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:18 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:16 pm
Yazy lat wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

Yeah, that was the first time I called and the lady that was on the phone said decision made... after 15 days I called up again and a man answered and said awiting decision... there must of been a confession or miss understanding! I still have no idea why she said that in the first place :|
Just a question. Ive for 2 jobs. The first one ive been working for over a year and the second job just under a year buf over 6 months . Which for the first one i can show 12 months of payslips and the 2nd one just 9months. Do you think that will be a problem?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:50 pm

Remti wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:18 pm
Just a question. Ive for 2 jobs. The first one ive been working for over a year and the second job just under a year buf over 6 months . Which for the first one i can show 12 months of payslips and the 2nd one just 9months. Do you think that will be a problem?
Under which category of the financial requirement?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:14 am

Hopefully everyone recieves some good news soon Inshallah!

Remti

Post by Remti » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:08 am

Korekt wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:50 pm
Remti wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:18 pm
Under which category of the financial requirement?
Employment over 6 months in both jobs. If thats what you meant : :?:

JayHussain
Mood:

Post by JayHussain » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:01 am

AS4LYF wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
AS4LYF wrote:
Nosh25 wrote:

Hi

Hi,
In terms to your query about Mirpur, this will not be the reason for the delay.
Please look at the timelines thread - people have applied after you but before the earthquake & have received their visas, as you simply collect the passport from Islamabad (if submitted prior to the Earthquake) & for any new applications (since the Earthquake) you submit you passport in Islamabad now.
All the best.
Thanks.