ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Passport Interview after the Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hqq1975
Newly Registered
Columbia

First Passport Interview after the Naturalisation

Post by Hqq1975 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:05 pm

Hi Folks I have been asked to book an appointment by the Liverpool office in regards to my first Application for the British Passport,I made my appointment for the 02/01/2020 at London Victoria,little background I came to the UK as a student in the year 2002 got married in 2003 then get separated in the year 2004 I did manage to get my IlR in year 2005 but got divorced in the following year which was all proceded by Ex Wife.
I applied my Naturalisation in Sep 2019 and got my Naturalisation certificate on the 3rd of December attended my Ceremony on the 6th Dec as well submitted my online application for the passport on the same day but today I received my Documents back as well as the letter to book my Appointment which I already have I have been going through to some questions they might ask in the interview my only worry is about my Wife I don't have no information about her?her Date of Birth and about her family?and also I don't remember some of my early jobs?as they all are going back nearly 20 years ago..😭it's a bit of a tricky situation and also I am renting a room in a family house and I barely know about them?😭...any suggestions... would be highly appreciated 🙏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First Passport Interview after the Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:30 pm

The interview is to confirm your identity and applicants are randomly selected. It literally takes about 10 minutes.

Topic listing the type of questions asked below.

british-citizenship/passport-interview- ... 64893.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:33 pm

I think you should relax - easier said than done ....
The passport interview is an identity-type interview rather than checking out your immigration history. I have been to one myself three years ago, questions were, for example: How did you get here? Which bus/line did you take? Where do you work? Who do you have your phone contract with? How many brothers/sisters have you got? etc etc. Also they will ask for your signature. On the face of it meaningless questions - the point is they want to make sure you are the person who applied, not an imposter. If you don't know something say so - one question I couldn't answer.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Hqq1975
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by Hqq1975 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:53 am

Thanks valued members much appreciated as always for the reply.
Well just coming back from the interview and it went very well(I hope so)so following are the Questions which were asked.
Full Name?
Spell the whole name?
What day I received the interview letter?
What time did I wake up today?
What time did I start my journey?
How did I travel to Passport office?
Where I was born Country and the City both?
Where I had my initial schooling?
When was the first I came to the UK?
Did I complete my studies?
When did I marry?
Spouse is a British Citizen?
Her family?
Where and how did I meet my wife?
My Parents where are they if not in the UK have they ever been to the UK?did your family was in your wedding?
How many siblings?where are they?
How many bank accounts I have?which account my salary goes to?
Did you seek any advice about this Interview?
How many people are in your house ?
Why took you so long to apply for the British Passport?
The Questions were quite straight up though over all atmosphere was okay but at one point I felt like I've been bombarded by the questions and also I believe I had few Taylor made questions in regards to my ex wife 😭at the end I was told they might need to further checks and will let me know in 7 to 10 working days and if I don't hear anything in two weeks time I should call thier office well good luck to all who are going for thier interviews...🙏🙏

mteja

Post by mteja » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:46 pm

Hi Hqq1976,
Thanks for headsup!

What time did you wake up :D Interesting.

Still waiting mine/ours - applied in Nov'19.

Good luck with the rest of your journey in this process
togetherness as one

Hqq1975
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by Hqq1975 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:20 pm

True"what time did you wake up" that one was bit of
a odd question 😭😭but I was relieved once it was all over and I forgot to mention the Interview lasted for full 30 minutes .I think as long as you don't panic the interview itself is not a big deal finally the journey of turbulent immigration life is over as I've just received a text from HMPO my application has been approved my final thanks to the valued members and the moderators of this forum to keep running this great service and all the very best to all the people who are waiting for thier application decisions..🙏