ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa phone interview

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BordersDivide
Egypt

Re: Apply for my husband to come and visit our British child

Post by BordersDivide » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:09 pm

You sound like me, three years ago. And here I am still without my spouse.
Visit visa was rejected for the reason explained - having stronger ties in UK.

I have my appeal soon as my application was refused so will update the outcome regarding article 8.

I do not meet income threshold. As they get older, for me it’s gotten harder. Even now that my son will start school in Sep, I will find it incredibly difficult or to be honest impossible to fit my work and school run to meet the income threshold.

You should really focus on getting prepared for work when he’s weaned, if you can.

BordersDivide
Egypt

Post by BordersDivide » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:19 pm

Also, I applied for Ireland visa over 2 years ago. They were suppose to process visa within like 8 weeks.

I got letter via post requesting documents a year later, and even after submitting documents it got refused stating no response was provided. That’s probably because there’s a massive backlog for visas and even when you send docs in they don’t come around to checking post, and the deadline comes so they just refuse. Didn’t bother with it, gives you an idea how terribly long that process would also be.

If you can handle moving aboard with a small child, unknown territory you can work full time in UK - it’s much easier and less complicated. It’s good that you are already seeking ways to be together. I really hope you find a way soon.

Cash savings route probably best for you I guess?

smah

Post by smah » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:14 am

BordersDivide wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:19 pm
Also, I applied for Ireland visa over 2 years ago. They were suppose to process visa within like 8 weeks.

I got letter via post requesting documents a year later, and even after submitting documents it got refused stating no response was provided. That’s probably because there’s a massive backlog for visas and even when you send docs in they don’t come around to checking post, and the deadline comes so they just refuse. Didn’t bother with it, gives you an idea how terribly long that process would also be.

If you can handle moving aboard with a small child, unknown territory you can work full time in UK - it’s much easier and less complicated. It’s good that you are already seeking ways to be together. I really hope you find a way soon.

Cash savings route probably best for you I guess?
Glad to find someone on the same boat.
Please keep me posted on what happens next.
I am thinking of making an application for my husband as it is the social services that is causing me to stop here. Otherwise, i would have gone back to Bangladesh and lived with my husband. so...

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:05 pm

Smah,

A Spouse visa costs a lot of money to apply for, plus the NHS surcharge (which is refunded if you fail), and then you have to go through the whole thing again in 2.5 years. Plus, if you are getting legal advice, this must be costing you too.

Since CRO1 has pointed out, that you do not seem to meet any of the eligibility criteria for your husband to be granted a spouse visa, and clearly you can live with him, I am not sure why you are putting yourself through the wasted expense, time apart, effort and heartache of being ultimately turned down for a visa. Like BordersDivide says, she has been waiting 3 years and is not any closer, and I expect they have spent a large sum of money for all this nothing too.

Perhaps a better route would be for you to move there, get a job and continue saving while he applies for jobs in the UK. Maybe he could get a Tier 2 job offer, then you could all move here, and deposit his £40K in a recognised bank for 6 months, plus his pay slips and you'd be home and dry. Now, you're wasting time and money on pipe dreams.

BordersDivide
Egypt

Post by BordersDivide » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:15 pm

I agree.

If your husband can save £40,000GBP in Bangladesh, that’s pretty impressive. Stay there till you saved up enough.

Is it indeed a lot of money that has gone to lawyers who give false hope. The business is booming from people like ourselves.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:03 pm

smah wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:14 am

...as it is the social services that is causing me to stop here.
What do you mean by this?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

smah

Post by smah » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:09 am

ALKB wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:03 pm
smah wrote:

Since my son was born he is under supervision by the social services and we are subject to court proceeding before we can go anywhere together.
My husband have taken the Life in the UK test a long time ago. If he was to apply for the Spouse visa now would that suffice for his English requirement or He have to take A1?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:49 am

Liuk is not the English requirement. They are two separate tests,both required for ILR.

English A1 only is required for a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:27 pm

smah wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:09 am
ALKB wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:03 pm
smah wrote:

Since my son was born he is under supervision by the social services and we are subject to court proceeding before we can go anywhere together.
My husband have taken the Life in the UK test a long time ago. If he was to apply for the Spouse visa now would that suffice for his English requirement or He have to take A1?
Okay, but only a little while ago you were thinking about moving to Spain - would that be easier than moving back to Bangladesh? In terms of getting permission from social services, I mean?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

smah

Post by smah » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:55 am

Na, the social services are not giving us permission for going anywhere together.
Not sure what to do?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:56 am

Why are social services stopping you going anywhere, why are they concerned about your son?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:43 pm

THO wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:56 am
Why are social services stopping you going anywhere, why are they concerned about your son?
I don't believe it's appropriate for the OP to post the reasons a Child Protection Order has been arranged on an open forum. It's sufficient to know that she is unable to take the child out of the country while this is in place. :idea:

However:
"If the child protection conference decides that the child is suffering, or is likely to suffer, significant harm, the local authority will draw up a child protection plan."

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/famil ... ion-plans/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

BordersDivide
Egypt

Post by BordersDivide » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:19 pm

smah wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:55 am
Na, the social services are not giving us permission for going anywhere together.
Not sure what to do?
That would make obtaining a visit visa out of the question, no? As you would be together..

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:42 pm

BordersDivide wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:19 pm
smah wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:55 am
Not sure what to do?
That would make obtaining a visit visa out of the question, no? As you would be together..
I believe the OP is referring to her and the child not having permission from Social Services to go anywhere (travel outside of the area of jurisdiction) together, due to the Child Protection Order. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

smah

Spouse visa finance Bank statement

Post by smah » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:07 am

Hi Guys,
Hope you are all keeping safe in this difficult times.
You have always been very helpful and lots of thanks in advance.
I have made an application and meet the finance by having savings in Foreign account and other means. Basically I have been holding the fund for more then a year then realised that the bank I was holding it in was blacklisted. So I had to move the money to a approved bank and then made application with my statement from previous bank and the new which covers from September 2018 til now.
Also the rest of the lackings are met by benefits my wife receives plus third party guarantor.
Could someone kindly guide me if this can work and what are your experiences. I can provide the amount details if needed for better judgement.
Thanks guys

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa finance Bank statement

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:36 am

smah wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:07 am
Also the rest of the lackings are met by benefits my wife receives
If she receiving following benefits then will be exempted from meeting the financial requirement:

Disability Living Allowance;
Severe Disablement Allowance;
Industrial Injury Disablement Benefit;
Attendance Allowance;
Carer’s Allowance;
Personal Independence Payment;
Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme; and
Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme.
smah wrote:
plus third party guarantor.
That's not allowed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

smah

Re: Spouse visa finance Bank statement

Post by smah » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:53 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:36 am
smah wrote:
Also the rest of the lackings are met by benefits my wife receives
If she receiving following benefits then will be exempted from meeting the financial requirement:

Disability Living Allowance;
Severe Disablement Allowance;
Industrial Injury Disablement Benefit;
Attendance Allowance;
Carer’s Allowance;
Personal Independence Payment;
Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme; and
Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme.
smah wrote:
plus third party guarantor.
That's not allowed.
Under exceptional circumstances as our child is under social services protection and they need to asses me to be his parents we have followed the rule as follows
Off Topic
Appendix FM 1.7: Financial Requirement August 2017 71 10.3. The decision-maker should then consider any information and evidence provided by the applicant as to other sources of income, financial support or funds. Paragraph 21A of Appendix FM-SE sets out the types of source which can be taken into account (in addition to the specified sources referred to in Appendix FM, in, as appropriate, paragraph E-ECP.3.2., E-LTRP.3.2., E-ECC.2.2. or E-LTRC.2.2.). These are: (a)a credible guarantee of sustainable financial support to the applicant or theirpartner from a third party. (This is in addition to the existing provision in paragraph1(b) of Appendix FM-SE, which permits applicants to rely on certain, narrower forms ofthird party support);

smah

UK spouse visa phone interview

Post by smah » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:27 am

Dear experts in the field,
Hope you are all doing well in this great trial.
My husband and I will much appreciate your response and guide to this crucial matter.
My husband applied for his spouse visa from Bangladesh back in March. We have our son under local authority care and due to their pressure I couldn't cope and do justice to my son's care( only those who have been through such dilemma will understand so I will not expect any comments on that) I had to come to Bangladesh in January this year after my son was born in October 2019. I want to support my son but with my husband there. Our immigration solicitor advised us to involve Mey local MP to chase as we have got the Family court judge chasing for my husband to come asap so they can do his full assessment. So we contacted the MP on 5th August and 6th MPs secretary contacted me to provide my husband's full name and responded immediately. On the 7th we have received email that we both will be interviewed separately ( not sure if it's MPs involvement or they were going to do it anyway) . Even though our solicitor explained clearly we are staying in Bangladesh together they somehow assumed that I am in the UK and my husband in Bangladesh. So our solicitor wrote to them reminding them that we are residing in Bangladesh together and can be contacted on separate numbers. Now we worry what the interview is about?
Whether it is to prove our relationship to be subsisting or it is to prove there are no controling behaviours in our relationship as suggested by the Local authority even though they don't have any evidence.

Please advise soon as our interview is on Wednesday 12th August.
Thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: UK spouse visa phone interview

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:40 am

smah wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:27 am
My husband and I will much appreciate your response and guide to this crucial matter.
My husband applied for his spouse visa from Bangladesh back in March. We have our son under local authority care and due to their pressure I couldn't cope and do justice to my son's care( only those who have been through such dilemma will understand so I will not expect any comments on that) I had to come to Bangladesh in January this year after my son was born in October 2019. I want to support my son but with my husband there. Our immigration solicitor advised us to involve Mey local MP to chase as we have got the Family court judge chasing for my husband to come asap so they can do his full assessment. So we contacted the MP on 5th August and 6th MPs secretary contacted me to provide my husband's full name and responded immediately. On the 7th we have received email that we both will be interviewed separately ( not sure if it's MPs involvement or they were going to do it anyway) . Even though our solicitor explained clearly we are staying in Bangladesh together they somehow assumed that I am in the UK and my husband in Bangladesh. So our solicitor wrote to them reminding them that we are residing in Bangladesh together and can be contacted on separate numbers. Now we worry what the interview is about?
Whether it is to prove our relationship to be subsisting or it is to prove there are no controling behaviours in our relationship as suggested by the Local authority even though they don't have any evidence. Usually, the call is to verify the genuineness of the relationship and that it is subsisting, so you should prepare for this. However since you also have an inkling that it could also be about what the local authority suggested about your relationship, it will be better to prepare ahead to address such too if the interview goes in such direction.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:54 am

Did you get permission to leave the UK with your son?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smah

Post by smah » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:57 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:54 am
Did you get permission to leave the UK with your son?
No, my son is with Foster carer under LA

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:36 pm

smah wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:27 am
Whether it is to prove our relationship to be subsisting or it is to prove there are no controling behaviours in our relationship as suggested by the Local authority even though they don't have any evidence.

Thanks in advance.
In April, your husband posted here that part of the financial requirement will be met through benefits you receive in the UK, yet you moved back to Bangladesh in January?

Are the benefits of the kind that can be used for the financial requirement and are you still receiving them? Meaning: if you are still receiving them, are these benefits exportable?

smah

Post by smah » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:38 pm

Hi guys,
Thanks for your help.
By the grace of The Almighty and your help we have had our interview and we think it went well. We will keep you posted when we get a response. Anybody had their interview recently and decision made?
If so after how long?
My husband asked the interviewer about the time frame and she said" unfortunately I can't tell you but it shouldn't be long about a week " but I doubt they have much control over the decision as they are Agen to do the interview and record those data and pass them to the case worker...
Let us know

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:47 pm

Interviewer is not necessarily a caseworker who may leave his raw assessment on caseworker to finalize.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:32 pm

smah wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:38 pm
Hi guys,
Thanks for your help.
By the grace of The Almighty and your help we have had our interview and we think it went well. We will keep you posted when we get a response. Anybody had their interview recently and decision made?
If so after how long?
My husband asked the interviewer about the time frame and she said" unfortunately I can't tell you but it shouldn't be long about a week " but I doubt they have much control over the decision as they are Agen to do the interview and record those data and pass them to the case worker...
Let us know
Keep hoping for the best outcome and that the remaining time of patience you need to exercise not as much as you had already.