ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony invitation council not received certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

legalalien

Ceremony invitation council not received certificate

Post by legalalien » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:06 am

Apologies if this was asked before. But do you know the lead time from approval letter to when the council receives the certificate.
My wife’s application approval letter was received on 19th December dated 18th December. I contacted the council same day they stated that they have not received certificate. I called again after Xmas and still nothing received from home office.
I noticed different councils have different processes. But I am worried about the delays and wasn’t able to find home office contact details to check if they have actually sent the certificate.

I found an email citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk But did not get any response for over a week now. Do you know any contact detail and is this delay normal given the holidays season?

Amber
Mood:

Re: Ceremony invitation council not received certificate

Post by Amber » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:57 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:06 am

Hi (sorry for commenting on this post if it’s not allowed) I am also in the same situation, got my approval letter dated 20/12/19, called the council twice but they have not received any certificate yet, emailed on the email address in your post and no reply to that as well. I hope your will be sorted soon please do update if you get any reply.
Kind regards

legalalien

Post by legalalien » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:58 pm

Thanks Amber

San6 no luck yet I have emailed the addressed suggested by Amber today. Will keep you posted

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:42 pm

legalalien wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:58 pm
Thanks Amber

San6 no luck yet I have emailed the addressed suggested by Amber today. Will keep you posted

Things could have been delayed due to the festivity. I will suggest you give them another couple of days into say mid next week before contacting them again.
I have personally used FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk in the past and they have always responded within 24 hours.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

legalalien

Post by legalalien » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:24 pm

Sand6 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:06 am
Hi (sorry for commenting on this post if it’s not allowed) I am also in the same situation, got my approval letter dated 20/12/19, called the council twice but they have not received any certificate yet, emailed on the email address in your post and no reply to that as well. I hope your will be sorted soon please do update if you get any reply.
Kind regards
Thanks DJsucess

As it happen, I called the council today and they confirmed the ceremony date. As suggested the certificate got delayed due to the Christmas break. In addition the helpful staff from my council explained that they get certificates every Friday (so it is not just a matter of a couple of working days as suggested in the home office letter).

Good luck San6 hope you get yours soon

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:47 pm

legalalien wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:24 pm
Sand6 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:06 am
Kind regards
Thanks DJsucess

As it happen, I called the council today and they confirmed the ceremony date. As suggested the certificate got delayed due to the Christmas break. In addition the helpful staff from my council explained that they get certificates every Friday (so it is not just a matter of a couple of working days as suggested in the home office letter).

Good luck San6 hope you get yours soon
Hi just want to update that I received my ceremony invitation from home office, then called the council and they confirmed that they have received the certificates too. Thanks for updating about your.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:10 pm

congratulations
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.