ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension requested for FOI

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nad2107

Extension requested for FOI

Post by nad2107 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:41 am

Hi

We applied for FOI and had been sent an initial letter saying they will come back to us within 4 weeks. Then we received another letter saying they are requesting an extension on this for another 4 weeks.

We are wondering why this might be the case. Has anyone else had this where they have requested an extension. Or could it just be because it was xmas etc.

TIA

twista
Ireland

Re: Extension requested for FOI

Post by twista » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:33 pm

Interesting that they need more time. They are clearly short staffed if they can't deal with the application volumes at hand. Have you written to your TD to ask a Ministerial Question. https://www.whoismytd.com/

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:38 pm

I applied FOI October end 2019. after some days received letter please forward passport photocopy then solicitor forward that copy on 22 Nov. then they sent letter stating 'you will received FOI decision before 23 December' they mentioned the date themselves and guess what no decision no communication, don't know where is FOI.. I believe they are following DOJ footsteps make people stress and delay for no reasons..

cyberhawk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by cyberhawk » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:48 am

I applied for FOI through my lawyer. Question I want to ask is if only he will get an answer or a copy will be posted to me also?

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:36 pm

I got same reply. They mention date to expect a reply and said if I didn't hear from them in 4 weeks they will ask for an extension. I need copy residency history in February and they want to reply in March. :roll:

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:30 am

finalversion_2k wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:38 pm
I applied FOI October end 2019. after some days received letter please forward passport photocopy then solicitor forward that copy on 22 Nov. then they sent letter stating 'you will received FOI decision before 23 December' they mentioned the date themselves and guess what no decision no communication, don't know where is FOI.. I believe they are following DOJ footsteps make people stress and delay for no reasons..
How did you apply for FOI. Send scanned form to citizenshipinfo@justice.ie or posted mail to them in Tipperrary?