ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abhigurdeep
Newly Registered
India

Indefinite Leave to reamian SET (LR)

Post by abhigurdeep » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:08 pm

Dear members,

I am in the UK for last 10 years on tier 4 general student visa. I extended my visas without delay and always got my visas without any issues. I completed 10 years in September 2019 and applied online on 24th of October 2019. I had my biometrics the next day i.e. 25th of October. I used the services of some solicitors to send my application. I wanted to use super priority service as it was very busy so my solicitor advised me to send an online application. She told that it will take four to five weeks. I have not got the decision on my application yet. So my first question is if anybody on this board has applied for ILR at the same time as me what is the status of their application. If you got any updates?

Secondly, I have my husband and son (14 yrs) as PBS dependants. They came to the UK four months later than me and will complete their 10 years in January 2020. My question is:
If I will not get a decision on my application by then (their completion of 10 years) Is it ok to send their applications separately on the basis of their 10 years long residency?

Another thing, for my son, is it ok for us to wait till we both get a decision on our applications and hopefully once we get our ILR approved we can apply for his naturalization?

Please share as much information you got that I can take a decision.

Also, any general info about the current ILR processing times would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

JAZZ

zimba
Mood:

Re: Indefinite Leave to reamian SET (LR)

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:43 pm

abhigurdeep wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:08 pm
So my first question is if anybody on this board has applied for ILR at the same time as me what is the status of their application. If you got any updates?
The standard application could take between 8 weeks to 6 months. So you need to be patient
See the timeline post on SET(LR): indefinite-leave-to-remain/lond-residen ... 4-140.html
If I will not get a decision on my application by then (their completion of 10 years) Is it ok to send their applications separately on the basis of their 10 years long residency?
Yes. Their application is separate.
Another thing, for my son, is it ok for us to wait till we both get a decision on our applications and hopefully once we get our ILR approved we can apply for his naturalization?
If your son is born in the UK, the he can be registered as British using form MN1 when on of the parents gets ILR.
if not born in the UK, he needs ILR and cannot get British citizenship automatically
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

abhigurdeep
Newly Registered
India

Re: Indefinite Leave to reamian SET (LR)

Post by abhigurdeep » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:56 pm

Thank you so much for your instant reply and useful information.

abhigurdeep
Newly Registered
India

Reference number

Post by abhigurdeep » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi all,

Could you please help me with my query???
My solicitor applied for my ILR on the basis of 10 yrs long residence in the UK. Now I have to apply for my husband for his ILR. In the SET ( LR) there is a question to fill in the reference number for my spouse’ application. My solicitor has not received acknowledgment email for my application. So where can Get the ref. No. For my application. I have been told the number on biometrics paper from sopra Steria is the reference number for my application. Is that right???

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Reference number

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:29 pm

Set LR is an individual application, not linked to another person and each person applying must meet the requirements individually. There is no dependent concept for set LR

Are you sure you are completing the correct form??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abhigurdeep
Newly Registered
India

Documents uploading

Post by abhigurdeep » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:48 am

Hello dear board members,

I have to apply ILR FOR MY SON (14 yrs). I used solicitors service to apply for me and my husband. Since it is the same application SET (LR) for my child I believe I can do it myself. For my husband’s super priority service also I booked appointment and paid fee etc myself because my solicitor provided me the login details.

My question is about uploading the documents.
Is that what we have to do at the centre at the time of biometrics or else if we have to do it before how to do that?

Also, if you could provide me general info/list about the documentation required for a child under 18 who is not born in the UK but have been resident in the UK for the last 10 yrs.

I would be grateful to you as this information will help me to save atleast some money which Ibwill have to pay the solicitor if I get this done by them.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents uploading

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:48 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abhigurdeep
Newly Registered
India

Passport expiring in one month

Post by abhigurdeep » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:46 pm

Hello dear,
Thanks for your help so far which I highly appreciate.
I have to apply for my son’s ILR and noticed that his current passport is about to expire in one month’s time. I am looking to take a super priority appointment for him.

I would like to know if it is ok to apply with a passport which is only valid till the beginning of March 2020. I will send his passport for renewal immediately after his ILR.

Please answer ASAP because I have to book a super priority appointment as early as I could.

Regards
Deep

zimba
Mood:

Re: Documents uploading

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:48 pm

It is fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

abhigurdeep
Newly Registered
India

Child ILR

Post by abhigurdeep » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:11 am

Hi board member and moderators,

I applied, standard application SET (LR), on 24/10/2019. At that time there was no priority service available so I sent standard application. It’s more than three months with no decision yet. Is there anyone on board who applied around same time with standard application and got their decision. Or anybody who elevated their application from standard to super priority category, if yes, could you please share here what is the procedure to do that?

My husband sent his application using super priority service last week and got this ILR in 24 hrs.

I also have a question. I have to apply for my son’s ILR. He is under 18 born in India. Is the same application form ( SET LR) used for children under 18 born outside the UK?

Also I got my and my husband’s application done by a solicitor. I want to do my son’s application myself so how to upload the documents with the application and what documents in general would be required for a child’s application. My solicitor told that personal statement from the child is required. Is that mandatory? If yes, is there any template or format that must be followed?

Answers to these queries would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Child ILR

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:09 pm

I applied, standard application SET (LR), on 24/10/2019. At that time there was no priority service available so I sent standard application. It’s more than three months with no decision yet. Is there anyone on board who applied around same time with standard application and got their decision. Or anybody who elevated their application from standard to super priority category, if yes, could you please share here what is the procedure to do that?
You cannot expedite it. It will take between 8 weeks to 6 months :!:
I also have a question. I have to apply for my son’s ILR. He is under 18 born in India. Is the same application form ( SET LR) used for children under 18 born outside the UK?
If he is applyunder under long residence yes
Also I got my and my husband’s application done by a solicitor. I want to do my son’s application myself so how to upload the documents with the application and what documents in general would be required for a child’s application. My solicitor told that personal statement from the child is required. Is that mandatory? If yes, is there any template or format that must be followed?
You do the same thing you did with your own application. Apply online and upload scans. Personal statement is not required

abhigurdeep
Newly Registered
India

Re: Child ILR

Post by abhigurdeep » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:01 am

Thanks for the valuable information.