ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage certificate translation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amkay

Tier 2 maintenance in multiple bank accounts

Post by amkay » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:39 am

I have more than 945GBP in 3 accounts together for 90 consecutive days. But I do not have this money in a single account for 90 consecutive days. Is it acceptable in a Tier-2 visa application?

srsw

Re: Tier 2 maintenance in multiple bank accounts

Post by srsw » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:34 pm

Is your sponsor not certifying your maintenance? If they do you don't need to worry about bank statements. Anyway, as I see, there's nothing stopping you from using 3 accounts as long as you provide evidence in the right format.

Page 44
guidance which can be found on gov.uk.
172. We will not award points for maintenance where the funds you rely on to meet the
maintenance requirement are held in a financial institution with which the Home Office is
unable to make satisfactory verification checks. A list of financial institutions which do not
satisfactorily verify financial statements can be found in Appendix P of the Immigration
Rules. Whether the financial institution in which you hold your funds appears on this list
will be considered using the list in force on the date of your application.
Documents we require as evidence of your sponsor certifying your maintenance
173. If your sponsor certifies maintenance, this must be confirmed on your Certificate of
Sponsorship.
174. Only A-rated (Premium), A-rated (SME+) or A-rated sponsors can certify your
maintenance.

Documents we require as evidence of personal savings
175. If you want to be awarded 10 points because you have personal savings of £945, that
have been held for a consecutive 90 day period ending no more than 31 days before your
application, you must provide one of the following types of specified evidence.
176. Please note that if you are submitting your documents after the date of your application,
they must show that you had the necessary funds for a 90 day period before the date you
applied online, not just 90 days before the date you submit your documents. This applies
regardless of whether you submit your documents by post or courier, or at a Premium
Service Centre, after applying online.
177. The evidence used to support personal savings for at least a consecutive 90 day period
must be original, and issued by an authorised official of that organisation.
178. Evidence must be in the form of cash funds held in an account (this includes saving
accounts and current accounts even when notice must be given). Other accounts or
financial instruments such as shares, bonds, overdrafts, credit cards, pension funds etc,
are not acceptable, regardless of notice period.
179. We will not consider money you earned during a time that you were in breach of the UK’s
immigration laws as evidence of maintenance funds. For example, earnings made from
UK employment will only be considered if you had leave to enter or remain in the UK at the
time they were earned, and in a category which permitted you to take employment.
180. If you are providing evidence of maintenance from a single account, we will always assess
the funds available to you from the closing balance given on the document provided as
evidence.
181. Where 2 or more pieces of evidence from a single account are submitted (for example 2
consecutive bank statements), we will assess the funds available to you from the closing
balance of the most recent document. Where evidence from 2 or more accounts is
submitted, we will assess the funds available to you using:
• the most recent closing balance of one account, plus
• any additional money available to you on the date of that closing balance, for
which you have provided the required evidence.

We will always use the closing balance date from the account that most favours you.
Only the following specified documents will be accepted as evidence of this requirement:
i. Personal bank or building society statements covering a consecutive 90 day period:
The most recent statement must be dated no earlier than 31 days before the date of the
application.
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• your name; and
• your account number; and
• the date of the statement; and
• the financial institution’s name and logo; and
• any transactions during the 90 day period; and
• that there have been enough funds in your account throughout the period (The
balance must always be at least £945 covering the 90 day period before the date of
application ending no more than 31 days before the date of application).
All statements must be on the bank’s stationery, unless you are submitting
electronic statements.
Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead/stationery are acceptable as evidence
(This excludes mini-statements from ATMs).
If you wish to submit electronic bank statements, these must contain all of the details
listed above. In addition, you will need to provide either:
• a supporting letter from your bank, on company headed paper, confirming the
authenticity of the statements; or
• an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question. This
stamp should appear on every page of the statement.
We will not accept statements which show the balance in the account on a particular day,
as these documents do not show that you hold enough funds for the full period needed.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

amkay

Tier-2 and Tier-2 dependent applications(can we apply separately?)

Post by amkay » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:13 pm

Hello
I have a Tier-4 visa and my wife has a TIer-4 dependent visa. We want to switch to Tier-2 visa from the UK. Is it necessary for us to apply at the same time? or we can apply for her after my visa was successful? (I heard for some visas we are expected to apply together and at the same time)
Is it risky if she apply separately?

amkay

Visa application documents

Post by amkay » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:03 pm

If I live in a rented accommodation, is it necessary to I include my tenancy agreement in my visa application documents?

amkay

Tier-2 Dependent

Post by amkay » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:30 am

Hello
I have a Tier-4 visa and my wife has a Tier-4 dependent visa. We want to switch to Tier-2(and Tier-2 dependent) visa within the UK. Is it necessary for us to apply at the same time? or we can apply for her after my visa was successful? (I heard for some visas we are expected to apply together and at the same time)

Voyager3
Mood:

Re: Tier-2 Dependent

Post by Voyager3 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:26 am

amkay wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:30 am
Hello
I have a Tier-4 visa and my wife has a Tier-4 dependent visa. We want to switch to Tier-2(and Tier-2 dependent) visa within the UK. Is it necessary for us to apply at the same time? or we can apply for her after my visa was successful? (I heard for some visas we are expected to apply together and at the same time)
you can applied once you granted tier 2 Visa General then you can applied for Tier 2 Dependent but make sure this would be happen before your Tier 4 visa expired.

amkay

Marriage certificate translation

Post by amkay » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:37 pm

Hello
I want to apply for Tier-2 dependent visa for my wife but our marriage certificate is translated about 2 years ago. Is it necessary to I translate it again?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Marriage certificate translation

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:44 pm

If itwas done by a certified translator and correctly done then no need to do another one.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:45 pm

@ amkay - can you please stop starting a new topic in random sub forums not relevant to you with each question you have. Keep ALL your questions in ONE topic, this one!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amkay

Can't find my visa status in application form(Please help!)

Post by amkay » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:21 pm

Hello
I want to switch from Tier-4(General) Student visa to Tier-2 visa. Inside UKVI application form I should choose my current visa or leave to remain status. In my BRP my visa type is "Tier-4 General student leave to enter" but in application form I can't find "Tier-4 General student leave to enter" and I may only choose "Student" or "Tier-4 General leave to remain" or some other visas which are not related.
I want to know which one is the best choice according to my visa status??!

P.S. When I select "Tier-4 leave to remain" on the final form(before submission) I can see my visa status is "Tier-4(General) student".

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:22 pm

Just select tier 4 as it says, it is correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amkay

Post by amkay » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:22 pm
Just select tier 4 as it says, it is correct.
Thanks a lot for your reply. Even though on the list I should choose "Tier-4(General) Leave to Remain"?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:28 pm

Yes, if that is the only option that is what you choose. HO do have your full history to double check.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

amkay

When should I return my old BRP?

Post by amkay » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:06 am

Hello,
Based on the decision letter I have to return my old BRP to HO but I have not received my new BRP yet. I really don't know when should I return my old BRP? (it is not specified on the decision letter). And can I use my old BRP(not expired but probably invalid) as long as I have not received my new BRP?