ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous application details for AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vishalnatekar
Newly Registered
India

British citizenship application help

Post by vishalnatekar » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:27 am

Hello there,

I am currently eligible to apply for British citizenship. I got my ILR over a year ago. I have few questions and i would really appreciate if someone can help me?

1. There is a small difference in my name in my passport(which i have been using for past 9 years) and my other Indian IDs such as PAN Card, Degree Certificate etc. In my passport my given name is AAA BBB. Where as in PAN Card is just BBB. There is this difference because the guy in passport office made a mistake, and i never bothered to correct it. Do you think this will be an issue?

2. In Section - English language
Do you have a degree that was taught in English? - It was taught in English in India, but if mark this as yes, In the documents it will ask for NARIC document. For ILR, i had got a English B2 certificate to prove English language proficiency. In this case, should i mark this as No? So i can submit the same English certificate?

Also, in the question - Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English? - Yes
Tell us the previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain you had - Do i need to give my ILR number or just write ILR here ?

3. Previous immigration application -
I dont remember when i had applied for previous Tier-2 general visa .And i dont have access to email which i was using when this was applied. Although this info is not mandatory, Do you think its important that i somehow figure out when it was applied?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship application help

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:32 am

1. There is a small difference in my name in my passport(which i have been using for past 9 years) and my other Indian IDs such as PAN Card, Degree Certificate etc. In my passport my given name is AAA BBB. Where as in PAN Card is just BBB. There is this difference because the guy in passport office made a mistake, and i never bothered to correct it. Do you think this will be an issue?
You only need your passport for citizenship. You other cards and id's are irrelevant for citizenship and not required.
2. In Section - English language
Do you have a degree that was taught in English? - It was taught in English in India, but if mark this as yes, In the documents it will ask for NARIC document. For ILR, i had got a English B2 certificate to prove English language proficiency. In this case, should i mark this as No? So i can submit the same English certificate?
You need to tick yes to EITHER question not both. HO doesn't care about your qualifications and the question is ONLY relevant to meeting the English requirement. If using the test, then YES for the test and NO for the degree.
Also, in the question - Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English? - Yes
Tell us the previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain you had - Do i need to give my ILR number or just write ILR here ?
Yes.
3. Previous immigration application -
I dont remember when i had applied for previous Tier-2 general visa .And i dont have access to email which i was using when this was applied. Although this info is not mandatory, Do you think its important that i somehow figure out when it was applied?
Complete as best you remember. If you have your visa in your passport, use those dates as a guide.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vishalnatekar
Newly Registered
India

Re: British citizenship application help

Post by vishalnatekar » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:38 am

Dear CR001, Thank you so much for your reply.

For the above question you replied - YES. The YES is for ILR number of just write ILR ?

vishalnatekar
Newly Registered
India

Details of trip outside of UK

Post by vishalnatekar » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:19 am

Hello,

In the application, they mention we don’t need to tell them about our trips less than 2 days.

So if I have been on any weekend getaways such as leaving on Friday night and back on Monday, I don’t need to mention it ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Details of trip outside of UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:24 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:25 am

vishalnatekar wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:19 am
Hello,

In the application, they mention we don’t need to tell them about our trips less than 2 days.

So if I have been on any weekend getaways such as leaving on Friday night and back on Monday, I don’t need to mention it ?
You need to list all your absences as the form asks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

trueblue19

Post by trueblue19 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:34 pm

vishalnatekar wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:19 am
Hello,

If you leave on Friday and come back on Monday, thats 4 days, not 2.

If you were to leave on Friday and return on Saturday, that's 2 days. Such absences do not count towards the 450 days or 90 days limit, as its only 'whole days' which are considered being absent from the UK.

I still mentioned such trips (of 2 days or less), and the online form automatically calculated the absence for such trips as '0'.

vishalnatekar
Newly Registered
India

Post by vishalnatekar » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:48 am

Thanks very much for your reply

vishalnatekar
Newly Registered
India

Previous application details for AN form

Post by vishalnatekar » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:50 pm

Hi,

There is a section for Previous immigraiton applcation which we have made.

In this section, they ask to enter the reference number. Can someone please tell me which reference number is this? Is this the BRP number?

Thanks
Vishal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:52 pm

Is anything in the forum rule topic link posted previously unclear?? Topics merged again!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Previous application details for AN form

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:52 pm

vishalnatekar wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:50 pm
Hi,

There is a section for Previous immigraiton applcation which we have made.

In this section, they ask to enter the reference number. Can someone please tell me which reference number is this? Is this the BRP number?

Thanks
Vishal
I am fairly certain the questions also says "If known"!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vishalnatekar
Newly Registered
India

Post by vishalnatekar » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:57 pm

Thanks for the reply. It says "if Known" but i know the previous BRP number. Just not sure if they meant - BRP numbers when they say application reference or is there any other reference which i'am not aware of.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:17 pm

If unsure, ignore the question as it does state "if known". It really isn't a deal breaker.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vishalnatekar
Newly Registered
India

Post by vishalnatekar » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:34 pm

Thanks for your reply. One last question on this topic -

When i first applied for Tier-2 general visa in Dec 2013, i was in Singapore. I got the visa stamped in Singapore in my passport. But if i check the visa, it says place of issue - Manila. Perhaps the passport was sent from Singapore to Manila to get it stamped(i'm not sure)

In the section of - Where the application was made, It should be Singapore right? ( EVen though on passport, the place of issue is Manila)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:39 pm

Where you applied. HO do have full access to your records too if they need to cross reference.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vishalnatekar
Newly Registered
India

Previous address details

Post by vishalnatekar » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:56 pm

Hello All,

One for question on my application please -

In all the previous addresses i have lived in past 5 years, I have lived in New York for 6 months. Out of the 6 months, i lived in a hotel for 3 weeks before finding an apartment for next 5 months. Also, when i came back to London, i lived in a company provided accomodation for a month before moving into my current apartment. Do they expect us to enter these short stays of 1 month?

Thanks
Vishal

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:54 am

It does not make much difference, you can either list them separately or merge the time to where you stayed longer.
vishalnatekar wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:57 pm
Thanks for the reply. It says "if Known" but i know the previous BRP number. Just not sure if they meant - BRP numbers when they say application reference or is there any other reference which i'am not aware of.
It is the reference number at the top of the visa approval letter which says Our Ref. This is for all the immigration applications you've made not just one or the last one If you don't have the letters anymore either leave blank or use the BRP card numbers, it'll lead them to the same relevant case.