ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalisation - Referee (made a mistake)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saisun99

British Naturalisation - Referee (made a mistake)

Post by saisun99 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:16 am

Hi,
I have a situation. While filling Naturalisation form online I accidentally provided both referees -first and second as software professionals. The first referee has to be professional realised later.

The form was submitted online and full fee Was paid. The appointment for biometric also booked in 2 weeks time. Can anyone please advise how can I change or edit first referee reference ?

Ps: this is for British Citizen spouse, who is full time working and paying taxes.

Many Thanks
Sundeep

Amber
Mood:

Re: British Naturalisation - Referee (made a mistake)

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:34 am

Are either of the referees, professionals as per the list (click)?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

saisun99

Post by saisun99 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:30 am

Both referees are software engineers British passport holders. I don’t think software engineers would fall under professional categories.

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:38 am

You cannot change or edit your application form once it's already submitted. Find another referee who's compliant with the list and get them to sign the declaration. Write a cover letter to explain this, completing the required referee's information as per the application form i.e their full name, how and how long they've known you, Occupation, DOB, passport number, address etc and take both with you to be scanned at your UKVCAS appointment along with all your other supporting documents.

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:44 am

Or you can indeed scan them yourself if that's your intention with all your other supporting documents prior to your bio metrics appointment.

saisun99

Post by saisun99 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:09 pm

Many thanks it’s very helpful. Shall fill new referee come and upload it too ?

JoeCross
Newly Registered
Macedonia

Post by JoeCross » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:21 pm

I'm sorry for interfering, but I was under impression that software developers ARE indeed professionals, as per this guide:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -guidance

which list this as accepted professionals :

British Computer Society (BCS) - professional grades which are Associate (AMBCS), Member (MBCS), Fellow (FBCS) (PN 25/2003)

Xterra
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by Xterra » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:24 pm

saisun99 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:09 pm
Many thanks it’s very helpful. Shall fill new referee come and upload it too ?
Based on my recent experience, you will be able to remove and upload documents until you submit your biometrics. You should not do this after you have done your biometrics though. In the UKVCAS website under 'Upload document' section, you can remove the incorrect referee documents and upload the correct ones.
If you subscribe to the checking service, they will check your documents a couple of days before your biometrics appointment