ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on the online application form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ahmed_2020
Newly Registered

Mistake on the online application form

Post by ahmed_2020 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:16 am

Dear all
Would appreciate your assistance with my query. I have submitted my citizenship application last week (Tierr2 general migrant-> 5 years-> ILR -> 12 months post ILR). I have realised that I might have misunderstood one of the questions and answered it wrongly. There was a question asking if you’ve made any previous immigration applications. For some reason, I thought it was asking if I have made any citizenship/naturalisation applications and hence answered NO. Obviously I have made applications to the home office for the my original Tier-2 visa, Tier-2 extension and recently ILR. My question is how to address/rectify this? Do I send a letter to the case worker explaining this? What address would I use? Or do I just wait?
Any advice would be appreciated

Regards

ahmed_2020
Newly Registered

Re: Mistake on the online application form

Post by ahmed_2020 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:58 am

Can anyone help please?

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:01 am

Presumably you don't know who your case worker is, so it'd be difficult to write to your case worker. I don't think it's that big a deal but for your own peace of mind, you could write an email with your Case ID (found in your acknowledgement email from home office) in the subject. Provide your full details and date application was made, explain the reasons for email and list your previous immigration applications (the dates and reference numbers) to these email addresses, just copy them in one email:

citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk; NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

ahmed_2020
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_2020 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:17 am

Thanks very much for your reply. I’m also relieved that you don’t think it’s a big deal. Is this mistake common then? I thought the question was a bit vague when I first read it tbh.

Thanks again.

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:25 am

They already have this information about you and yes a few people have had issues with it. Mainly people don't remember the dates and don't have the reference numbers. If you answer Yes, it asks to provide details "If known" hence why I don't think it's that big a deal.

corineli
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by corineli » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:40 pm

I made the same mistake, and , several others, including my title and whether I have worked in the last ten years. I panicked and sent the HO several emails and letters , and lastly had asked an immigration adviser to send a summary for all the corrections.
All the emails and letters were put on hold( I know this through Subject access request through the HO, which can provide you with the details of all my previous immigration details including my present BC application)
I have sent in email after 3 months enquiring for progress but no reply.
Luckily they must have been kind enough and approved my application despite of all the mistake amendments I sent in, as otherwise I was a straight forward case.
Time of application:04/09/2019
Date of approval: 16/12/2019
Do you know the questions for the immigration history? Otherwise I will post it for you

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:48 pm

corineli wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:40 pm
I made the same mistake, and , several others, including my title and whether I have worked in the last ten years. I panicked and sent the HO several emails and letters , and lastly had asked an immigration adviser to send a summary for all the corrections.
All the emails and letters were put on hold( I know this through Subject access request through the HO, which can provide you with the details of all my previous immigration details including my present BC application)
I have sent in email after 3 months enquiring for progress but no reply.
Luckily they must have been kind enough and approved my application despite of all the mistake amendments I sent in, as otherwise I was a straight forward case.
Time of application:04/09/2019
Date of approval: 16/12/2019
Do you know the questions for the immigration history? Otherwise I will post it for you
Hi Corineli,

I am just curious what it means highlighted in yellow above? Does it mean they would not consider additional information sent through emails/letters?

I have seen a lot of people advising sending emails to provide additional information but if it is only put on hold then it does not really make sense?

Thank you!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:07 pm

ahmed_2020 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:16 am
Dear all
Would appreciate your assistance with my query. I have submitted my citizenship application last week (Tierr2 general migrant-> 5 years-> ILR -> 12 months post ILR). I have realised that I might have misunderstood one of the questions and answered it wrongly. There was a question asking if you’ve made any previous immigration applications. For some reason, I thought it was asking if I have made any citizenship/naturalisation applications and hence answered NO. Obviously I have made applications to the home office for the my original Tier-2 visa, Tier-2 extension and recently ILR. My question is how to address/rectify this? Do I send a letter to the case worker explaining this? What address would I use? Or do I just wait?
Any advice would be appreciated

Regards
Have you also submitted your biometrics data at a UKVCAS centre ? If you havent, then you can write a cover letter and then provide the dates of the applications. Then scan and upload to your UKVCAS account before your appointment.
If you have attende the biometrics appointment already, then you should still write a cover letter and provide the dates of previous immigration applications made in and outside UK.
send it to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk .
It is a common mistake that people make, so I dont think it's a big deal but it is important you contact HO about it before the decision is made on your application. usually the cover letter and additional information you provide will be added to your case.
All the best
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.