ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI Lost my support documents for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

princewmk1
Newly Registered

UKVI Lost my support documents for naturalisation

Post by princewmk1 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:36 pm

Greetings Guys, Happy New Year to you all and many best things for 2020 :D

I've recently applied for naturalisation in April 2019 and a letter came to me on the 1st of December requesting support document (LITUK and Pay slips covering 4 years) the letter stated for me to send these documents before the 22nd of December. By the 15th of December I prepared a big envelop in special delivery and included original documents which included (My Bsc Hon Degree from My Uni, a extra return special delivery envelop, the LITUK certificate, 4 years worth of wage slips and an extra written letter giving details of what I've sent them). Religiously checking the track and trace, I seen it was received on the 17th and signed for. I then received a letter dated from the 23rd claiming none of these support document were received so my application was refused (Imagine my reaction) So i called and a lady on the phone advised me to write to them again and explain the reason I contest the decision. wrote a new letter yesterday, included my original letter with the POD of the special delivery). I checked that the new letter was received today at 8 am and signed for.
I am kind of worried as I don't know the next stage, My original document are so valuable to me as I do document everything for the past 20years. Are any of you guys had a similar problem in the past? Do you think its just a matter of someone not checking properly and decided I have not send anything before checking with other department in that Capital building if they seen the support document I've sent and was signed for?
2020 not starting good for me and I just want this to be over... someone please advise. Thank you guys

princewmk1
Newly Registered

Re: UKVI Lost my support documents for naturalisation

Post by princewmk1 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:54 pm

Is there anyone that can assist in replying to my index?? Please

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Re: UKVI Lost my support documents for naturalisation

Post by xavieryves » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:44 pm

Chances are your documents are somewhere there just not with the right person! Unfortunately this means you might have to spend more money for reconsideration (which will be refunded if you're successful). This user had a somewhat similar experience:
british-citizenship/time-scale-for-appe ... 87853.html