ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Submission Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KarthikSomu
Newly Registered
India

ILR Application Submission Query

Post by KarthikSomu » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:12 pm

Hi Team,

Could you please advise when can i submit my application for ILR?
Kindly check the below visa details

Visa period : 11/Feb/2015 - 14/Sep/2020 (5 year 7 months)
Visa Type: Tier 2 General (Migrant)
Entry date to UK : 25/Apr/2015
Gap between Visa issue date and UK entry date : 75 days

Eligible to submit application as per Home office - 28 days before which is - 15/Jan/2020

as my date of entry is after 75 days of issue date, could you please confirm whether i can submit my ILR application on 15/Jan/2020?

as Home office guidance is saying total 180 days can be declared as absence, my clarification is this is applicable only after entry date or can be considered from visa issue date?

75 days can be shown as absence?

Kindly clarify

Thanks
Karthik S

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR Application Submission Query

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:41 pm

Your qualifying period can include time from the date your initial application (for entry clearance or leave to remain) was approved. The absences in each 12 month period must not exceed 180 days. So if you period of absence from 11/Feb/2015 to 11/feb/2016 was less than 180 days, you can count your start date from 11/Feb/2015 and therefore apply from 28 days before 11/Feb/2020.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.