ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa req

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

waheed
Mood:

Family visit visa req

Post by waheed » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:12 pm

Hi M Toheed,

I am also in the similar situation and want to apply for the VISA for my mother.
She is a house wife , no source of income , she got a family home which is in her name.

Will be thankful to CASA and CR001 for their suggestions as I have also asked them in my own thread :(

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Family visit visa req

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:47 pm

waheed wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:12 pm
Hi M Toheed,

I am also in the similar situation and want to apply for the VISA for my mother.
She is a house wife , no source of income , she got a family home which is in her name.

Will be thankful to CASA and CR001 for their suggestions as I have also asked them in my own thread :(
I think only having own home is not a strong tie with backhome as HO maybe aware that it can be rented out and even be managed while remaining/overstaying in UK unless possess exceptionally high valued property, good job etc
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

waheed
Mood:

Post by waheed » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Thanks for the reply seagul,

What other ties can be shown as she is a house wife, and is living in a combined family with her children

She has got 4 Children (My 2 brothers are living with my momin the same house which my mother owns, and sister living in her own home after getting marrried), I am the only one who is in UK.

Please can some one give some suggestions.

I desparteley need help and will be extremely thankful.

sak20099
- thin ice -

Post by sak20099 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:43 am

waheed wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:31 pm
Thanks for the reply seagul,

What other ties can be shown as she is a house wife, and is living in a combined family with her children

She has got 4 Children (My 2 brothers are living with my momin the same house which my mother owns, and sister living in her own home after getting marrried), I am the only one who is in UK.

Please can some one give some suggestions.

I desparteley need help and will be extremely thankful.
As she is living with your other brothers and old and house wife , i am assuming she is dependent on them for living?
In that case your brothers supporting her need to provide their information like salary , job , bank statement, house and confirm that she is dependent on them for her living , in that case she will not need to provide anything related to her it and will be your brothers who are supporting her for living.

and you being sponsor in UK should provide your information like house where she will be visiting (enough place for her to live), salary , bank statement and confirming you will be responsible for her accommodation , air ticket and living expenses in UK (if you will be bearing all expenses ) else your brother need to provide evidence that they will bear for her Air ticket and other expenses for visiting you.

i hope that helps

waheed
Mood:

Proof of ‘Intention to Leave’ Requirement for Visitor Visa for a Widow Mother

Post by waheed » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:49 pm

Dear All,

I need help I applying my visitor visa for my widow mother for approx 3/4 weeks from Paksitan,

My father passed away in 2015

- I can get a family tree to prove the family ties with the home country as her two son live with her in the same house along with their families ( wife and children)

- The house is in her name.

My problem is that as she is a house wife and just like in asian culture, sons give money for the day to day, monthly expenses to the mother.

She has not visited any country except for going to Saudia Arabia 20 years ago for holy ritual.

She has got a bank account but so transactions in it and I I dont want to send money in her account as it can lead to weaken the case,

I can ask my brother to tranfer the money in her account instead of paying her cash and then she can then use the money from her bank acocunt for day to day expenses.

Here in UK
I have my own house and am doing a job with salary approx £40K, I can provide my payslips and bank statements, sponsorship documents, title deed, countil tax bill , utilities , etc

I will extremely thanful for seniors suggestions , as I dont want to apply with either/ missing documents submit and get her visa rejected.

So need suggestion from seniors/ experinced , what is the best way to overcome this and satisfy ECO that my mother intention is to leave UK after a maximum stay of month.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Proof of ‘Intention to Leave’ Requirement for Visitor Visa for a Widow Mother

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:31 pm

Please continue in your previous thread - general-uk-immigration-forum/family-vis ... l#p1611501
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:32 pm

waheed wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:49 pm
Dear All,

I need help I applying my visitor visa for my widow mother for approx 3/4 weeks from Paksitan,

My father passed away in 2015

- I can get a family tree to prove the family ties with the home country as her two son live with her in the same house along with their families ( wife and children)

- The house is in her name.

My problem is that as she is a house wife and just like in asian culture, sons give money for the day to day, monthly expenses to the mother.

She has not visited any country except for going to Saudia Arabia 20 years ago for holy ritual.

She has got a bank account but so transactions in it and I I dont want to send money in her account as it can lead to weaken the case,

I can ask my brother to tranfer the money in her account instead of paying her cash and then she can then use the money from her bank acocunt for day to day expenses.

Here in UK
I have my own house and am doing a job with salary approx £40K, I can provide my payslips and bank statements, sponsorship documents, title deed, countil tax bill , utilities , etc

I will extremely thanful for seniors suggestions , as I dont want to apply with either/ missing documents submit and get her visa rejected.

So need suggestion from seniors/ experinced , what is the best way to overcome this and satisfy ECO that my mother intention is to leave UK after a maximum stay of month.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:12 pm
Strong evidence of her social, financial, family, employment, property, savings ties to home country.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:34 pm

waheed
Mood:

Post by waheed » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:53 pm

Amber wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:34 pm
See also, https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 9.0ext.pdf
Dear Amber, sorry for bothering you.

Please can you explain which information section) to look in the link.

I am stuck at how to prove financial ties for my mother as she has got the bank account ( but its not active), she has got the savings in the form of saving certificates which can be encashed if needed.

The family house is in her name.

If my brother starts transfering money in my mother's bank account instead of paying her cash I will take atleast another six months before she can sumit the last six months statement to prove ger financial ties and again not sure whether her visa will be successful or not.

Suggestions / guidance will be extremely appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:10 pm

To start with, I have seen cases which apparently look very weak but are approved and on the contrary, cases which apparently sound very strong are rejected also. So there is no set rule. It purely is the discretion of the CW how convinced he/she is.

Unfortunately, your mom’s case apparently look weak (because CW will think she will not come back) but do not loose hope.

As i said, I have seen cases (especially my wife’s aunt who is a widow and lives alone in Pakistan. Her 4 daughters are all married and lives abroad in different countries. Her visa was rejected first, but then was accepted on second attempt).

Worth mentioning, I have seen multiple cases, where UKVI rejects the visa first (without any reason) but approves on the second attempt. If God forbid that happens, I will urge you to try again with updated documents and fulfilling any reasons for refusal etc.

I would advise you to write an honest detailed cover letter and mention all the assets (house and any other), family ties, saving certificates etc which are strong points. State the reason for travel etc.

Also, write a cover letter from your behalf, that you are happy to take care of your mother for the stay expenses etc and submit your house tenancy agreement, bills copy, passport copies (yours, wife and kids), bank statements etc.

To be honest, you can try your best with whatever you have at hand. Some cases apparently seem weak but are approved also.

Hope your mom gets the visa!

Good luck.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

waheed
Mood:

Post by waheed » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:52 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:10 pm
To start with, I have seen cases which apparently look very weak but are approved and on the contrary, cases which apparently sound very strong are rejected also. So there is no set rule. It purely is the discretion of the CW how convinced he/she is.

Unfortunately, your mom’s case apparently look weak (because CW will think she will not come back) but do not loose hope.

As i said, I have seen cases (especially my wife’s aunt who is a widow and lives alone in Pakistan. Her 4 daughters are all married and lives abroad in different countries. Her visa was rejected first, but then was accepted on second attempt).

Worth mentioning, I have seen multiple cases, where UKVI rejects the visa first (without any reason) but approves on the second attempt. If God forbid that happens, I will urge you to try again with updated documents and fulfilling any reasons for refusal etc.

I would advise you to write an honest detailed cover letter and mention all the assets (house and any other), family ties, saving certificates etc which are strong points. State the reason for travel etc.

Also, write a cover letter from your behalf, that you are happy to take care of your mother for the stay expenses etc and submit your house tenancy agreement, bills copy, passport copies (yours, wife and kids), bank statements etc.

To be honest, you can try your best with whatever you have at hand. Some cases apparently seem weak but are approved also.

Hope your mom gets the visa!

Good luck.
Happy New Year to all and thanks for the reply Cullinan,

I have asked my brother, to transfer the profit, my mother receives from the Behbood saving certificates in her bank account,instead of getting cash and using it in the monthly expenses.

I have asked my brother to apply for the family tree from Nadra for mother to show her family ties.

She has got the property documents ,phone PTCL bill and the water bills etc in her name.

I want to make my mothers visa case strong and thats the reason, I have have asked my broter to deposit money in the mothers account every month istead of paying her cash ( which he normally pays cash , his contribution in the house expeses),

Now I am in perplex that I have to wait for six months to make the account running before they can get he 6 months bank statement and it will be atleast mid of first week of July 2020.

Any suggestions on complete list of documents from her side and from my side will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

waheed
Mood:

Post by waheed » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:09 pm

I am trying to fill in the online applictaion form for my mother visit visa , please can someone help me with these questions. .

1) What is your employment status
Un Employed

2) Previous employment organisation
I have not worked in any of the jobs listed above

3) Do you have another income or any savings?
Savings

4) How much money do you have in savings (in GBP)?
PKR 800000 in bank account and PKR 1200000 in saving cerificates
Do I need to write the figure for bank balance in Pak ruppee or figure for bank balance and saving.

5) How much money are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the UK?
????
I will pay for all the expenses of my mother including air fare and other touring expenses, what to write in this section.

6) What is the total amount of money you spend each month?
?????
This figure varies, some months its nothing, as all the household expenses are done by my brothers and sometime mother uses money from the account depending upon the need and the situation.

7) Will anyone be paying towards the cost of your visit?
Yes
I have written my details here (Name and address)

8 ) Who is paying towards the cost of your visit?
Someone I know (for example, family or friend)

9) How much money will they be paying towards your visit?
5000.00GBP

10 ) Why are they helping to pay for your visit?
He is my son and is contributing towards my visit

I am confused and want to make sure that I fill in the correct information to minimize the chance of refusal
I will extremely thankful for the help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:02 am

@waheed, why are you persisting and continuing in asking questions in another users topic about your application? This is unfair to the OP of this topic.
See point 12 of the forum rules FAQs in link announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

waheed
Mood:

Post by waheed » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:14 am

Extremely sorry @CR001

Please if you can delete my post , will post in my thread.

But kindly look at as when I posted @Amber said to post in this thread

general-uk-immigration-forum/family-vis ... l#p1611501

I will be thankful if you can clarify where shall I post and can reply to my questions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:39 am

I have split and merged your topics so it is only your thread and questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

waheed
Mood:

Post by waheed » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:31 am

Thanks @CR001

Please can you or someone help me with the online visitor family visa questions i have posted above.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:02 am

waheed wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:09 pm
I am trying to fill in the online applictaion form for my mother visit visa , please can someone help me with these questions. .

Un Employed
Is house wife an option?

Savings

Do I need to write the figure for bank balance in Pak ruppee or figure for bank balance and saving.
Enter the whole amount. If currency is not specified, use either but preferably GBP so its easier for CW

Really depends on how long she is planning to go. Quote a realistic figure, not too exaggerated or not too less. The money she intends to spend
????
I will pay for all the expenses of my mother including air fare and other touring expenses, what to write in this section.

?????
This figure varies, some months its nothing, as all the household expenses are done by my brothers and sometime mother uses money from the account depending upon the need and the situation.
Quote an average

Yes

5000.00GBP

I am confused and want to make sure that I fill in the correct information to minimize the chance of refusal
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

waheed
Mood:

Post by waheed » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:30 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:02 am
waheed wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:09 pm

Un Employed
Is house wife an option?

Savings

Enter the whole amount. If currency is not specified, use either but preferably GBP so its easier for CW

Really depends on how long she is planning to go. Quote a realistic figure, not too exaggerated or not too less. The money she intends to spend
????

?????
Quote an average

Yes

5000.00GBP

Thanks @CULLINAN

waheed
Mood:

Post by waheed » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:03 pm

Hello Seniors,

Please can someone clarify as I am preparing the documents for my mother's visit visa from Pakistan.

She will mention in the application that she intends to stay for a maximum 4 weeks/ 1 month.

My query is
How long will the visit visa will be granted?

Will it be for 6 months and a single entry ?

or

Will it be for 2 years and multiple entry.

Thanks in advance

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:15 pm

Usually first visas are granted for 6 months multiple entries. Even if you state that you want to stay 3 days, it will be still a 6 month visa.

After some 6 months visas without incident, you may apply for a 2-year visa

waheed
Mood:

Post by waheed » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:02 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:15 pm
Usually first visas are granted for 6 months multiple entries. Even if you state that you want to stay 3 days, it will be still a 6 month visa.

Extremely thankful for your reply.

If the visa is granted for 6 months, she leaves UK after staying for 4 weeks, can she come again UK to visit for few weeks on the same visa before the expiry of her 6 months visa.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:06 pm

waheed wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:02 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:

If the visa is granted for 6 months, she leaves UK after staying for 4 weeks, can she come again UK to visit for few weeks on the same visa before the expiry of her 6 months visa.

Thanks in advance.
Yes!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

waheed
Mood:

Post by waheed » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:06 pm
waheed wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:02 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Yes!!
Extremely thankful CR001

Just for my clarification , her entry again in the UK on the 6 months visitor visa (in the application she initially said that she intend to stay for 4 weeks) will not have any negative impact on her future applications.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:53 pm

A 6 month visitor visa is a multiple entry visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)