ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Wandra

Spouse Visa

Post by Wandra » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:34 am

Hello

I am a British passport holder of Indian Origin. I went to India and did my University Degree in India. ( Did my GCSE and A Levels in UK). Post my graduation I got married in India as per Indian culture ( Arranged marriage). This marriage happened in Dec 2018. I lived in India till June 2019. Now I am in UK. Currently I have got a contract job in school for a year with the pay of 15K. My father arranged to work in his friends firm as a secretary and I get paid £700 a month. I will start my contract job from September 2019.

I have got payslip of £700 month starting July. I will be getting the payslip from contracting from September. Now I know the legal amount to bring my dependent is £18600. I hope I could combine both my salary and cross the legal limit.

I do have Indian registered marriage certificate and photos and videos of the marriage. I have a regular whatsapp call and chats and also direct call to my husband regularly.

Give a background on my husband. He works in India. He currently lives with his parents ( I was living the same place for about 6 month post marriage )

My proof list
1) Payslips of both
2) By when can I start the dependent
3) Photos, Video evidence, Whatsapp script detail ( chat detail) and direct call details
4) My proof of residence and my bank account detail
5) Marriage certificate

My Question list :
1) Should I have to show the offer letter for both the job offers? Or will the payslip will do?
2) Apart from the above proof should I give any other proof ?
3) Should I be sending money to India to my husband ??
4) By when can I start the dependent visa process ? Should I have to get the complete 6 month payslip ? or can I show offer letter for a 1 year contract with both the firm.

Please help me with the above question list.

Thanks & Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:38 am

1) Should I have to show the offer letter for both the job offers? Or will the payslip will do?
You should provide a letter from both employers. You also need 6 months evidence for both jobs.
2) Apart from the above proof should I give any other proof ?
6 months payslips, 6 months corresponding bank statements showing salary credits, employer letter.
3) Should I be sending money to India to my husband ??
Your choice. It is not mandatory for visa purposes.
4) By when can I start the dependent visa process ? Should I have to get the complete 6 month payslip ? or can I show offer letter for a 1 year contract with both the firm.

You cannot submit if you don't have 6 months evidence showing you meet the financial requirement with salaries paid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:30 am

Wandra wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:21 pm
Hello,

I have few questions regarding the Spouse Visa.

1: My current job is 1 year contract which will expire in August 2020, and we will be applying for visa on March. I also do Will this affect the process?

2: Where to apply for the spouse visa in London or in India (where my husband is currently in)?

3: I would like to know what the usual fee for visa Lawyer in London? If possible can anyone recommend them please?

4: In my marriage certificate I have put down Indian address which is different from my passport address, will this be any issue in the future?

5: I have currently started to work and by the time I apply for spouse visa for my husband I would have been only worked for 6 months (earning 1900 pounds per month doing two jobs) will that be enough to show that I meet the financial requirement for spouse visa?

Thank you
seagul wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:56 pm
Wandra wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:21 pm
Hello,

I have few questions regarding the Spouse Visa.

1: My current job is 1 year contract which will expire in August 2020, and we will be applying for visa on March. I also do Will this affect the process?

2: Where to apply for the spouse visa in London or in India (where my husband is currently in)?

3: I would like to know what the usual fee for visa Lawyer in London? If possible can anyone recommend them please?

4: In my marriage certificate I have put down Indian address which is different from my passport address, will this be any issue in the future?

5: I have currently started to work and by the time I apply for spouse visa for my husband I would have been only worked for 6 months (earning 1900 pounds per month doing two jobs) will that be enough to show that I meet the financial requirement for spouse visa?

Thank you

1. No
2. India assuming the applicant is Indian
3. No one can recommend and also not everyone use them
4. No issue
5. Usually £1550 per month meet the requirement.
Wandra wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:18 am
Hello
I am currently working in 2 jobs one is non- salaried main job (£1,200 net and 1350 Gross) and 2nd Part time job is salaried (£700 net). My question is that with my 6 months payslip from both the jobs and bank statement can I apply in Category A (By combining my salary from two jobs, will I able to meet the financial requirement of £ 18,600?
Also in the non-salaried type of job (Main Job in my case), will the ECO chooses the lowest payslip amount to determine the financial requirement or they will consider both the Job in Cat A?
What does “lowest payslip amount” mean when looking at financial requirement in CAT A? Can anyone please provide any example for this?

Thank you for your help.
seagul wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:00 am
Wandra wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:18 am

What does “lowest payslip amount” mean when looking at financial requirement in CAT A? Can anyone please provide any example for this?

Thank you for your help.
lowest figure only is being taken where you are a salaried person.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:07 pm

Thank you for your reply,
One change to my question

1: My current job is 11 months contract which will expire in July 2020, and we will be applying for visa on March. Will this affect the process? Can I still apply in category A?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:10 pm

Wandra wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:07 pm
Thank you for your reply,
One change to my question

1: My current job is 11 months contract which will expire in July 2020, and we will be applying for visa on March. Will this affect the process? Can I still apply in category A?
Try to apply far in advance before the expiry of your contract because if the application couldn't be processed until July 2020 and HO will call to your employer then won't find you there.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:36 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I started my job in September and the contract ends in July. Which gives only 11 months. My worry is that will it affect the calculation of my salary as I do two jobs to fullfil the financial requirements. I am aiming to apply for CatA.
For example,
My salary is around 1,200 p/m for 1st job and 700p/m for 2nd job.
Can I do 1,200*12 ( eventhough my contract is only 11 months) and add it to (700*12) to show my requirement.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Wandra wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:36 pm

I started my job in September and the contract ends in July. Which gives only 11 months. My worry is that will it affect the calculation of my salary as I do two jobs to fullfil the financial requirements. I am aiming to apply for CatA.
For example,
Can I do 1,200*12 ( eventhough my contract is only 11 months) and add it to (700*12) to show my requirement.
Under category A you should be employed for at least 6 months for present employer. For calculating the annual wages of a salaried job the lowest wage figure during the last 6 months is multiplied by 12. Whereas for calculating the wages of a none-salaried job the annualized average wages is calculated by (total of last 6 months wages/6×12= ?).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:22 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:54 pm
Wandra wrote:

For example,
Under category A you should be employed for at least 6 months for present employer. For calculating the annual wages of a salaried job the lowest wage figure during the last 6 months is multiplied by 12. Whereas for calculating the wages of a none-salaried job the annualized average wages is calculated by (total of last 6 months wages/6×12= ?).
Thank you for your reply. So to my understanding the HO will calculate the salary to 12 months even if my contract ends within 11 months in category A.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:07 am

Yes as the condition under CAT A salaried or Non salaried, you must be with your current employer for 6 months or more.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Remti

Post by Remti » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:43 pm

seagul wrote:
Wandra wrote:

For example,
Salaried wage job wage. Do you mean they take the lowest net pay per month or the monthly gross pay? Which one do they use when calculating the financial requirement? Please help

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:06 pm

Remti wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:43 pm
seagul wrote:
Wandra wrote:

For example,
Salaried wage job wage. Do you mean they take the lowest net pay per month or the monthly gross pay? Which one do they use when calculating the financial requirement? Please help
Continue in your own thread

Remti

Re: Spouse Visa financial requirement

Post by Remti » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:43 am

I have a question. My question is that im trying to find out how to calculate my financial requirement just to make sure im over the threshold. Ive got 2 jobs. However im not sure do they look at the gross monthly salary or the net salary? As im planning to reapply within the next few months.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:45 am

Remti wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:43 am

I have a question. My question is that im trying to find out how to calculate my financial requirement just to make sure im over the threshold. Ive got 2 jobs. However im not sure do they look at the gross monthly salary or the net salary? As im planning to reapply within the next few months.
Do not tag your question into other members topics, it is considered rude and unfair to the original poster and creates confusion. You have already been asked to post in your own topic!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Remti

Post by Remti » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:50 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:45 am
Remti wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:43 am

Do not tag your question into other members topics, it is considered rude and unfair to the original poster and creates confusion. You have already been asked to post in your own topic!!!
How do i do that? Im sorry this is why i created one here because im not sure on how to do that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:52 am

Either continue in your own topic if you have one, or click to "new topic" button and start your own one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Remti

Post by Remti » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:52 am
Either continue in your own topic if you have one, or click to "new topic" button and start your own one.
I dont know where that option is all i can see is quick links and notifications. can you please let me know how to find it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:19 pm

Remti wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:11 pm
CR001 wrote:
I dont know where that option is all i can see is quick links and notifications. can you please let me know how to find it?
Top left of the link below clearly states New Topic button.

immigration-for-family-members/
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Remti

Post by Remti » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:19 pm
Remti wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:11 pm
CR001 wrote:
Top left of the link below clearly states New Topic button.

immigration-for-family-members/
thank you

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:40 pm

Hello,
Thank you for all your response.
I am going to apply for Cat A on a spouse visa. I am currently working in two jobs, in which the tax code was incorrect, I have changed my tax code to the correct code and it will reflect only on my 6th-month payslip. Will the HMRC deduct my overall 5 months tax from my 6th-month pay or I will have to pay once I do my P60.
Thank you

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:41 pm

Hello,
Thank you for all your response.
I am going to apply for Cat A on a spouse visa. I am currently working in two jobs, in which the tax code was incorrect, I have changed my tax code to the correct code and it will reflect only on my 6th-month payslip. Will the HMRC deduct my overall 5 months tax from my 6th-month pay or I will have to pay once I do my P60.
Thank you

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:55 pm

Hello,
I am currently living in a sharehouse with my landlord. She is more than happy for my husband to live with me in the house. My solicitor said that I need my landlord's passport number and her date of birth. I wondering if these details are necessary for the application. she is not keen to give these details also, could someone guide me on this, please.

Thank you

uj95

Post by uj95 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:04 pm

Wandra wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:55 pm
Hello,
I am currently living in a sharehouse with my landlord. She is more than happy for my husband to live with me in the house. My solicitor said that I need my landlord's passport number and her date of birth. I wondering if these details are necessary for the application. she is not keen to give these details also, could someone guide me on this, please.

Thank you
Yes you will need details for everyone living in property...in this case it will be your landlord.

This is required when you fill in the application. Name, DOB, Nationality and Passport Number of everyone living in the property

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:05 pm

Wandra wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:55 pm
Hello,

Thank you
Until near past perhaps now as well the application form used to ask the detail of all other tenants/residents living in property such as their name, dob, passport number which most often impossible to get especially in a shared accomodation.

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:32 pm

I have a few doubts about the process of payment.
1:My spouse is in India and I will be applying a spouse visa for him here in the UK with the help of my solicitor. I am wondering where the application fee should be paid, in India or in the UK?
2: Also, will we pay the priority and IHS charge with the application fee or are they separately paid?

Thank you for your support.

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:59 pm

Hello,
Could anyone help me with my previous question please, as I need to prepare accordingly as soon as possible.
I want to know if application fee is best paid from India or in UK. If it's in India what is the process?

Thank you.