ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sj234
Newly Registered
India

Immigration

Post by Sj234 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:12 pm

Hi
I’m a non eu leaving in northern Ireland under British spouse visa for nearly 5 years and I have a daughter born in Northern Ireland who hold British and Irish passport so my question through my daughter I’m i elegible for an Irish passport
Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Immigration

Post by Obie » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:27 pm

Sj234 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:12 pm
Hi
I’m a non eu leaving in northern Ireland under British spouse visa for nearly 5 years and I have a daughter born in Northern Ireland who hold British and Irish passport so my question through my daughter I’m i elegible for an Irish passport
Thanks
You could apply on the basis of your British spouse, who I guess is an Irish national aswell
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:38 pm

Obie wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:27 pm
Sj234 wrote:
Hi
Thanks
You could apply on the basis of your British spouse, who I guess is an Irish national aswell
Just curious...how can she apply for Irish citizenship through her husband? Even if he's Irish wouldn't she still need to meet the residency requirement? Which living in NI doesn't count I believe. And being the holder of a UK spouse visa doesn't give her any rights to reside in the ROI.

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:01 pm

DanaMarie wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:38 pm
Obie wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:27 pm
Sj234 wrote:
Hi
Thanks
Just curious...how can she apply for Irish citizenship through her husband? Even if he's Irish wouldn't she still need to meet the residency requirement? Which living in NI doesn't count I believe. And being the holder of a UK spouse visa doesn't give her any rights to reside in the ROI.
I answered my own question, thanks internet! :D So as long as the spouse is Irish then her residency in NI counts as reckonable.

Sj234
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sj234 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:35 pm

Yes my wife doesn’t have Irish citizenship she is British but my daughter have Irish and British citizenship but we are getting divorce so my question I’m able to apply through my daughter even though I’m 5 years living here

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:37 pm

Spouse isn't Irish. Short answer is NO, you can't.