ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jay287

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by jay287 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:08 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:14 pm
Could the moderator/someone advice me on this please. I’m still waiting for initial decision from ho (4months since interview). Ill be having a change in circumstance as I’ll be giving birth to a British child in a 2 weeks and this wasn’t noted to the home office. Once I have my child’s British passport, can I send it to home office because part of my asylum claim is based on fear of my separated husband family and I now have a child outside my marriage or wait for a decision to be made before taking any further step.
I’m just worried because the ho are recently taking really long to make a decision on claims.
I also have 5 children( from previous husband)which are dependent on my asylum claim.
Someone advice please??

Hi violet. Yes inform them, if you have a solicitor let your him/her do it, it will help with your application. Happy new year good luck!

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:54 pm

Dede_2020 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:44 pm
Can anyone recently received any decision Share there experience as I see there is no updates for long

Thanks
Dear All,

Kindly share the decisions if any, it will give hope and information.......

Thanks.

Yommy cui
Newly Registered

Post by Yommy cui » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:12 am

Hi all
I will appreciate help with your advice pls

Am currently a failed asylum seeker and receiving accommodation and finance help.
My asylum appeal was exhausted in the beginning of 2018. I was planning to make a fresh submission but hasn’t done so.
Currently at an asylum accommodation with my kids and my partner and the eldest is 6years with special needs ( autism). The kids were born here.
At the time of the claim my child needs was not established yet.
Am thinking if this will make any difference in the application positively or is there any other form of application that will help.
We have been here for about 9 years via previous student visa and psw

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:20 pm

Yommy cui wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:12 am
Hi all

Am currently a failed asylum seeker and receiving accommodation and finance help.
My asylum appeal was exhausted in the beginning of 2018. I was planning to make a fresh submission but hasn’t done so.
Currently at an asylum accommodation with my kids and my partner and the eldest is 6years with special needs ( autism). The kids were born here.
Am thinking if this will make any difference in the application positively or is there any other form of application that will help.
I recommend that you also post on the FLR(FP). You may get some advice there.

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:49 pm

rina wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:20 pm
Yommy cui wrote:
Hi all

I recommend that you also post on the FLR(FP) thread. You may get some advice there.
immigration-for-family-members/flr-fp-a ... l#p1858013

Yommy cui
Newly Registered

Post by Yommy cui » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:18 pm

Thanks a lot

Dede_2020
Newly Registered

Post by Dede_2020 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi everyone
It is been 4 weeks since I done my biometric didn’t hear anything back and 7 weeks since I sent the additional documents as they requested
Any same situation here please share

Thanks

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:53 pm

Dede_2020 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:04 pm
Hi everyone
It is been 4 weeks since I done my biometric didn’t hear anything back and 7 weeks since I sent the additional documents as they requested

Thanks
Hi@Dede,

I wouldn't get too worried, as not very much gets done during the festive period.This is the first full week after the Holidays so things should start to move soon. You have run the marathon and the last bit is the most difficult, hang in there , Victory is yours. All the best for you

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:06 pm

rina wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:49 pm
rina wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:20 pm
Yommy cui wrote:
Hi all

I recommend that you also post on the FLR(FP) thread. You may get some advice there.
immigration-for-family-members/flr-fp-a ... l#p1858013
Hi@ Rina

You have more chances of being granted leave to remain if your child has lived continuously in the UK for 7 years. You mention that your eldest is 6 , when does he turn 7? You have mentioned about your child having special needs, this should count in his favour of him remaining in the UK , but I think he needs to first satisfy the 7 year rule. All the best

Yommy cui
Newly Registered

Post by Yommy cui » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:19 pm

Thanks a lot for the advice
He will be 7 early 2021

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:25 pm

Yommy cui wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:19 pm
He will be 7 early 2021
You are welcome @ Yommy, Its not very long to go.I know the waiting is not very easy but you have already done the great part.

Yommy cui
Newly Registered

Post by Yommy cui » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:28 pm

I know
Thanks for your encouragement. It means a lot.

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:34 pm

shooroma wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:25 pm
Yommy cui wrote:
He will be 7 early 2021
You are welcome @ Yommy, Its not very long to go.I know the waiting is not very easy but you have already done the great part.
You can start gathering your evidence towards the end of 2020 in preparation for your further Submission should you wish to make your submission when your child turns 7 early next year. Good luck

Dede_2020
Newly Registered

Post by Dede_2020 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:04 pm

shooroma wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:53 pm
Dede_2020 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:04 pm
Hi everyone

Thanks
Hi@Dede,

I wouldn't get too worried, as not very much gets done during the festive period.This is the first full week after the Holidays so things should start to move soon. You have run the marathon and the last bit is the most difficult, hang in there , Victory is yours. All the best for you

Thanks for your kind reply

Yommy cui
Newly Registered

Post by Yommy cui » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:18 pm

shooroma wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:34 pm
shooroma wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:25 pm
Yommy cui wrote:
He will be 7 early 2021
You can start gathering your evidence towards the end of 2020 in preparation for your further Submission should you wish to make your submission when your child turns 7 early next year. Good luck

Thanks

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:28 am

Hello, I have just received my Application Registration card but there is a mistake on it. my first names ad=nd last names have been mixed up. Anyone knows the procedure on how to fix this?

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:47 pm

wikki wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:28 am
Hello, I have just received my Application Registration card but there is a mistake on it. my first names ad=nd last names have been mixed up. Anyone knows the procedure on how to fix this?
Dear Wikki,

Kindly check the Instructions on received letter with ARC in order to resolve any issue on the card, you may also call at 0808 8000 630 or check www.asylumhelpuk.org for additional contact details, hope it works ...

Regard’s

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:35 pm

Dear All,

Your kind advice needed regarding reporting, my first reporting centre was at Franklin Court in Bedford, i reached there but HO representative said that I don't know why they asked to report here as we don't have the reporting facility, he asked me to wait for sometimes and then he came back and said from now Onwards you will report to your nearest police station and we will send you the letter along with all the required details, i was waiting for the letter since 16th of December but didn’t Received any, then i called at Franklin court again on 23rd December to ask about the letter, they said you will get it January 2020 as reporting will be at the end of January, but they said we taken your call as i reported, today i called again and they informed me that you suppose to report on 6th January 2020 but we forgot to send you the letter and letter is still on their desk, they apologised for their mistake and said it again that we taken your call as you reported ....

Today (10th January 2020) they said we decided for you to report on 6th of July at your nearest police station, no need to report every month .... kindly advice that is it normal that someone will report just Twice in a year ??? ...

Apologies for lengthy explanation but it will help to understand everything ...

Please advice me accordingly as i am worried ....

Have very good days ahead ....

Best Regards....

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:46 pm

Yahas76 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:35 pm
Dear All,

Your kind advice needed regarding reporting, my first reporting centre was at Franklin Court in Bedford, i reached there but HO representative said that I don't know why they asked to report here as we don't have the reporting facility, he asked me to wait for sometimes and then he came back and said from now Onwards you will report to your nearest police station and we will send you the letter along with all the required details, i was waiting for the letter since 16th of December but didn’t Received any, then i called at Franklin court again on 23rd December to ask about the letter, they said you will get it January 2020 as reporting will be at the end of January, but they said we taken your call as i reported, today i called again and they informed me that you suppose to report on 6th January 2020 but we forgot to send you the letter and letter is still on their desk, they apologised for their mistake and said it again that we taken your call as you reported ....

Today (10th January 2020) they said we decided for you to report on 6th of July at your nearest police station, no need to report every month .... kindly advice that is it normal that someone will report just Twice in a year ??? ...

Best Regards....
@Yahas76

It's not unusual for the Home office to ask you to report every six months , some people have been asked to report once a year. I think the longer the better for you as it saves you having to travel to your reporting centre frequently . Its not very nice feeling to be reporting more times, so if I were you ,I wouldn't be worried , I would be relieved instead. You should only get worried if they increase your reporting frequency to say to 2 weeks from every six months. The longer the better :D , its very normal. All the best

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:56 pm

shooroma wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:46 pm
Yahas76 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:35 pm
Dear All,

Best Regards....
@Yahas76

It's not unusual for the Home office to ask you to report every six months , some people have been asked to report once a year. I think the longer the better for you as it saves you having to travel to your reporting centre frequently . Its not very nice feeling to be reporting more times, so if I were you ,I wouldn't be worried , I would be relieved instead. You should only get worried if they increase your reporting frequency to say to 2 weeks from every six months. The longer the better :D , its very normal. All the best
Dear Shooroma,

Hope you having a very good day, really thnx a-lot for your detailed reply/advice, i though v have to report every month .... now i am relaxed ☺️ ... Thanks again ...

Have a very good day ...

Best Regards.....

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:08 pm

You are welcome

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:53 pm

shooroma wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:08 pm
You are welcome
Thnx ... ☺️👍👌

Khatoon82
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Khatoon82 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:30 am

Hi everyone
It has been 15 months since I did my fresh claim in Liverpool child 7 year route no reply yet , can anyone help how long it can take or should I do something else to get it done quickly
Thanks

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:18 pm

Khatoon82 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:30 am
Hi everyone
It has been 15 months since I did my fresh claim in Liverpool child 7 year route no reply yet , can anyone help how long it can take or should I do something else to get it done quickly
Thanks
Did you have your interview?

Khatoon82
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Khatoon82 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:48 am

No , fresh Claim based on child 7 year route and human rights