ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling application form - PBS Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sandycs
Newly Registered
India

Filling application form - PBS Dependent

Post by Sandycs » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:01 pm

Hi,

I am currently preparing a Tier 2 ICT long term visa extension application for myself and my wife. We've been living in the UK for the past 19 months and our residence was the same address for the best part of this period. About 4 months back, my wife had successfully applied for a job and moved to a rented property in Bournemoth. Bournemoth is about 150 miles from where I'm currently residing. My doubts are regarding the questions asked in the Personal Information section (copied below) and the required documents for my dependent.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Q1. What is your correspondence address?
Q2. Is this where you live?
Q3. When did you start living at this address?

Other documents

If you do not provide these documents, your application may be delayed or refused. (Required)
Document showing you and your partner are living together (for example, a utility bill, council tax bill or bank statement)
___________________________________________________________________________________________

At the moment I have answered the questions as shown below but I do not know what documents I need to supply to show that we are together.

Q1. Bouremouth address.
Q2. Yes.
Q3. 9th September 2019.

We are married but not living together and is only a short term arrangement. Either myself or my wife travels during the weekends and/or bank holidays to be together.

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sandycs.

srsw

Re: Filling application form - PBS Dependent

Post by srsw » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:06 pm

If you mention Bournemouth, then have you reported your change of circumstances to UKVI?

Check the below link for address change notification...

https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

.. and do you have any joint account proofs or council tax statement with both you & your partner's name @ Bournemouth address?
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Sandycs
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sandycs » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:54 am

No , we have not reported the change of her circumstances to UKVI (wasn't aware of this one).

Also we don't have any joint account proof or council tax statement for both of us @ Bournemouth address.

But, We have the below documents of her for the old address where i live

1) Her bank account is still in old address and we can submit statements (But not a joint account)
2) She is still registered to old GP/Surgery and have few NHS letters

Regards,
sandycs

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:29 pm

Sandycs wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:54 am
No , we have not reported the change of her circumstances to UKVI (wasn't aware of this one).

Also we don't have any joint account proof or council tax statement for both of us @ Bournemouth address.

But, We have the below documents of her for the old address where i live

1) Her bank account is still in old address and we can submit statements (But not a joint account)
2) She is still registered to old GP/Surgery and have few NHS letters

Regards,
sandycs
You are in a a catch 22 situation.

(a) If you report the change of circumstances (this is already late and ideally should be done at the earliest), then you end up having no joint proofs for your PBS application.

(or)

(b) Use your old address to get the PBS application sorted. After which, you need to report the change of circumstances, which could hamper your future visa applications if it comes to light that you deliberately provided inaccurate details.

Option (a) is the ideally route I'd imagine, but I'm not too familiar with current Tier 2 ICT requirements, so not sure how critical the join proof, etc. so wait for others to respond.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Sandycs
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sandycs » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:39 pm

Thank you srsw.

Can anyone provide a comment/suggestion on this please?

Regards,
sandycs

Sandycs
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sandycs » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:10 pm

Hi srsw,

I am thinking to inform the UKVI about the change in the circumstances of my dependent.
But i am not going to ask any changes to reflect in BRP as the only change is that her living location has changed temporarily to Bournemouth, but
primary/permanent location continues to be her previous living location where i am(main applicant) living and sometime in future dependent is looking to relocate back.

Regarding my application filling , I will fill as below for dependent.
Will give main applicant adrress.

will answer as NO.

Q2.a What is your living location address?
Will provide Bournemoth address.

Will mention the Bournemouth start address.

Other documents
---------------
If you do not provide these documents, your application may be delayed or refused. (Required)
Document showing you and your partner are living together (for example, a utility bill, council tax bill or bank statement)

For the above requirement, I will submit the documents with address same as(primary location) of main applicant and showing both main applicant and dependent names.
1) The main applicant Council bill. This has both main applicant and dependent names in it to show as joint proof.
2) Individual Bank statement for both showing the same main applicant address.

We will not submit any document for Bournemouth address as we think that is a temporary arrangement.

Additionally for the application dependent will write a letter clearly explaining that
-she is temporarily iving in Bournemouth because of her new job location and wishes main applicant address for all correspondance.
- She has requested her employer for work from home option or relocation to a London branch so that she can move back to promary location.
- Time being we (main applicant and depenent) are living together during weekend and holidays either in primary location or in Bournemouth.

Your suggestion please?
Also any more expert in the forum comment please.

Thanks and Regards,
sandycs

srsw

Post by srsw » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:16 pm

Sandycs wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:10 pm
Hi srsw,

I am thinking to inform the UKVI about the change in the circumstances of my dependent.
But i am not going to ask any changes to reflect in BRP as the only change is that her living location has changed temporarily to Bournemouth, but
primary/permanent location continues to be her previous living location where i am(main applicant) living and sometime in future dependent is looking to relocate back.

Regarding my application filling , I will fill as below for dependent.
Will give main applicant adrress.

will answer as NO.

Q2.a What is your living location address?
Will provide Bournemoth address.

Will mention the Bournemouth start address.

Other documents
---------------

For the above requirement, I will submit the documents with address same as(primary location) of main applicant and showing both main applicant and dependent names.
1) The main applicant Council bill. This has both main applicant and dependent names in it to show as joint proof.
2) Individual Bank statement for both showing the same main applicant address.

We will not submit any document for Bournemouth address as we think that is a temporary arrangement.

Additionally for the application dependent will write a letter clearly explaining that
-she is temporarily iving in Bournemouth because of her new job location and wishes main applicant address for all correspondance.
- She has requested her employer for work from home option or relocation to a London branch so that she can move back to promary location.
- Time being we (main applicant and depenent) are living together during weekend and holidays either in primary location or in Bournemouth.

Your suggestion please?
Also any more expert in the forum comment please.

Thanks and Regards,
sandycs
If Bournemouth is only a temporary arrangement then I'd not go for change of circumstances. You are still living in your old address so there is no risk of losing any ukvi correspondence for your wife.

So apply for PBS dependant application with your old address & joint proofs.

If you (husband) too change address to Bournemouth (or some other place) then definitely inform UKVI about change of circumstances. That would be my personal advice. This will keep things simple and straightforward. As you mentioned she still travels to your old home regularly so technically she hasn't completely moved out.

Happy to be corrected by expert forum members.

Sandycs
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sandycs » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:14 pm

Thank you srsw for your opinion.

Regards,
sandycs