ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application-Question about previous immigration application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zys
Newly Registered

Referee for citizenship application

Post by zys » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:26 pm

I am applying for citizenship with my family including 10 years old daughter. We have ILR on the basis of Tier 2.
I need help regarding following:
1. Can same person act as referee for all family members?
2. Regarding professional referee for child, online application does not ask for professional engagement of referee with child, while paper application asks for it.
Is it necessary for professional referee of child to have professional engagement with the child OR just any professional can be referee for the child?
Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: Referee for citizenship application

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:57 pm

For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.

See also, https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .pdf#page9

The same referees can be used insofar as they meet the requirements and are not related to the applicant.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

zys
Newly Registered

Post by zys » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:13 pm

Thanks for reply but this is old guideline.
New guideline published July 2019, does not talk about referee.

On online application, this is not mentioned, it only asks for professional referee for child ( no mention of professional engagement).

I still need help to clarify this matter.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:19 pm

Link to ‘new’ nationality caseworker guidance July 2019 please.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

zys
Newly Registered

Post by zys » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:22 pm

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:24 pm

That is not nationality caseworker guidance, what I have stated and linked remains correct.

zys
Newly Registered

Post by zys » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:39 pm

Thanks but if application does not ask for it then how people will know about it and why we are following 2017 case worker guideline.
I only looked into it because my one child was born in UK and and I applied his citizenship about year ago and I had to find professional referee with professional engagement with child because it was mentioned on the application.
If not mentioned on the application, then why to follow old case worker guideline ( how we can be sure it is not changed?) and new applicants will follow the application not case worker guideline.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:50 pm

Because the form that you must use, clearly states it! - https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

zys
Newly Registered

Post by zys » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:03 pm

Thank you very much.

Is it possible to get this form completed by referee before on line application is submitted so everything is ready and no need to find referee after application submission
OR
Is it possible to print out the forms before online application submission/payment

zys
Newly Registered

Post by zys » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:50 am

Can someone please help with my above mentioned question.

Xterra
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by Xterra » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:47 pm

zys wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:39 pm
Thanks but if application does not ask for it then how people will know about it and why we are following 2017 case worker guideline.
I only looked into it because my one child was born in UK and and I applied his citizenship about year ago and I had to find professional referee with professional engagement with child because it was mentioned on the application.
If not mentioned on the application, then why to follow old case worker guideline ( how we can be sure it is not changed?) and new applicants will follow the application not case worker guideline.
I got confused myself because this was not mentioned in the application. however in the refree form which you need to print out, this is clearly mentioned

Xterra
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by Xterra » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:52 pm

zys wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:03 pm
Thank you very much.

Is it possible to get this form completed by referee before on line application is submitted so everything is ready and no need to find referee after application submission
OR
Is it possible to print out the forms before online application submission/payment
If you follow the online application steps, on the step before you pay, there is section to download this referee form.
After you have paid, there is a separate step to upload your documents (including referee form) on the UKVCAS website

zys
Newly Registered

Post by zys » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:26 pm

Thank you!

zys
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application-Question about previous immigration application

Post by zys » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:54 pm

I need help regarding this question of citizenship application

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

What to write?
No or Yes
If yes then which applications to include ?ILR ? Tier 2etc or all. I had Tier 2 and then got ILR after 5 years now has ILR for more than a year so applying for Naturalisation.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation application-Question about previous immigration application

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:56 pm

zys wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:54 pm
I need help regarding this question of citizenship application

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

What to write?
No or Yes
If yes then which applications to include ?ILR ? Tier 2etc or all. I had Tier 2 and then got ILR after 5 years now has ILR for more than a year so applying for Naturalisation.

Thanks
It is YES and you need to need to list ALL applications you made. It is not a trick question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.