ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ms1993
Member of Standing

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by ms1993 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:59 pm

AS4LYF wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:46 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:57 pm
AS4LYF wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:42 am
ms1993 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:56 pm

That’s an interesting thought about the earthquakes that I hadn’t even come across. Is this from your own research of this forum?

Contact MP by googling who your local MP is first and then emailing all details across to them
I have heard from other people that those that applied after the earthquake have already had their visas. Even my wife has told me that some of the applicants that went to the biometrics in July 2019 with her in Mirpur, Pakistan are still waiting for their passports and still waiting for the VISA.

Ms1993 where did you apply from? Mirpur or Islamabad?

Also I have recently heard from sources that the reason those who applied in Mirpur before the earthquake are still waiting more than 5 months (myself included…) is because they are waiting to rebuild the Mirpur centre or move to another building in Mirpur and it could take at least another 2 months.
So it could take until March 2020 to receive a decision, now to me this seems like the most logical reason behind the lengthy delays. I just hope that all of us get a decision before that, but then again I could be wrong.
That seems very logical but then again, the decision making happens within the U.K. and the vignette applied within the passport centre which could happen in Islamabad? I’m not sure...

We applied from Islamabad

yes because you applied from Islamabad this should not really affect you unless the backlog from the Mirpur centre has become part of the workload for the Islamabad centre.

considering that they have already interviewed you, I would assume that they should have given you their decision by now :/
Sadly not. No. And it’s 80 WD on Monday too. Our one year anniversary will be fast approaching and I planned to be with him in the U.K. and also booked other annual leave on a decision within 60 days to spend with him too that hasn’t happened.

Lind
Israel

Post by Lind » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:43 pm

Hey everybody!
My husband (a uk citizens) and I waiting to our decision!
We did the priority service and till now we are waiting 15 working days.
I’m so nervous and the time move so slow! I would give anything to get this visa and be with my husband again! It’s so hard.
How do you cope with this situation? I’m always thinking what will happen if we won’t get the visa? How could we live together and live our lives?

I will be happy I hear from some people that they are in the same situation!

Hopefully we all get positive decisions!

Yazy lat
Algeria

Post by Yazy lat » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:07 pm

135+ working days and got sent this emial

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information.

Due to a technical error with our scanning system we are no longer able to read the documents you previously submitted, could you please resubmit scanned copies of these documents and return them to the email address below.

We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause.

MAY ALLAH bring good news after I send it off!!
Have no idea what to do.

SNK

Post by SNK » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:17 pm

Yazy lat wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:07 pm

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information.

Due to a technical error with our scanning system we are no longer able to read the documents you previously submitted, could you please resubmit scanned copies of these documents and return them to the email address below.

Have no idea what to do.
Hey,

Did you use priority?

has anyone else been waiting over 60 days? I applied on priority in early October 2019, myself and my employer have been contacted on 18th Dec but nothing since. Do you think it’s possible to request a refund for the priority service? (Would not recommend anyone to go with priority)

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:17 pm

Yazy lat wrote:

Have no idea what to do.
Did u email them about anything or chase it up or just out the blue got sent this email? I wonder if the wait for many is based on same scanning error ( which is pathetic really as costing further £75 for submitting AGAIN )

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:20 pm

SNK wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:17 pm
Yazy lat wrote:

Have no idea what to do.
Hey,

Did you use priority?

has anyone else been waiting over 60 days? I applied on priority in early October 2019, myself and my employer have been contacted on 18th Dec but nothing since. Do you think it’s possible to request a refund for the priority service? (Would not recommend anyone to go with priority)
Unfortunately its non refundable as says in the terms that they AIM to complete cases in 6 weeks and will let us know if they cant and either way the priority fees is non refundable whether its rejected or theres a delay

SNK

Post by SNK » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:04 am

Hmm seriously so annoying. I can’t understand how they can take so much money from people and offer nothing, literally nothing in return. How is it just that they put people through this without any consequence. Surely better systems need to be implemented?.. the whole process + priority costs so much and for what? 😕 I would like to know how people who didn’t pay for priority manage to get their visa before someone who has paid. I guess everyone’s case / luck is different.

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:14 am

SNK wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:04 am
Hmm seriously so annoying. I can’t understand how they can take so much money from people and offer nothing, literally nothing in return. How is it just that they put people through this without any consequence. Surely better systems need to be implemented?.. the whole process + priority costs so much and for what? 😕 I would like to know how people who didn’t pay for priority manage to get their visa before someone who has paid. I guess everyone’s case / luck is different.
Although cases are different, alot of us on this forum cant understand what the delay is as to us and our solictors the cases are straight forward and u would be very surprised how many non priority cases have got their visas before priority ones

And it's all true what your saying
All the money gone for nothing
I regret paying priority
All them hundreds could have been put to better use

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:16 am

Snk have u at all escellated?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:19 am

Yazy lat wrote:

Have no idea what to do.
Alhamdulilah for the contact at least

Clearly it shows they’re working on your file!

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:21 am

SNK wrote:
Yazy lat wrote:

Have no idea what to do.
Hey,

Did you use priority?

Hi SNK
I’m 79 days non priority

Where did you apply from?

Lind
Israel

Post by Lind » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:56 pm

SNK wrote:
Yazy lat wrote:

Have no idea what to do.
Hey,

Did you use priority?

Are you waiting 60 working days? I’m waiting 15 working days priority.. I really hope i won’t wait so long..

SNK

Post by SNK » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:00 pm

Hey,

I used priority and applied October 10th, I applied online / biometrics Islamabad. Still nothing apart from the contact mid December. I am looking to email them again / escalate the case on Monday. I thought I would wait because of Christmas and them returning back from holidays etc. It’s been 66 working days now. There’s nothing more frustrating then seeing people who didn’t even pay priority receive their visas before you 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ I know every case is different but the HO don’t even contact you to explain or anything. You’re just left wondering why? it’s actually terrible. I should listened to my solicitor who advised priority is just a scam. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:10 am

SNK wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:00 pm
Hey,

I used priority and applied October 10th, I applied online / biometrics Islamabad. Still nothing apart from the contact mid December. I am looking to email them again / escalate the case on Monday. I thought I would wait because of Christmas and them returning back from holidays etc. It’s been 66 working days now. There’s nothing more frustrating then seeing people who didn’t even pay priority receive their visas before you 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ I know every case is different but the HO don’t even contact you to explain or anything. You’re just left wondering why? it’s actually terrible. I should listened to my solicitor who advised priority is just a scam. 🤦🏽‍♀️
So many priority cases have got replies after 17 days ect so I wouldn't say it's a scam ... just not worth it for some people ...

I'm also starting to think people with high wage for example over 30k ect get their visa without any problem and anyone lower wage have to wait longer

As I've heard it's mostly down to your earnings
Although I do meet the requirement myself obviously but u just meet the requirement
Other people I know earning well above the requirement have had easy visa replies

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:45 am

Noshr67 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:10 am
SNK wrote:
Hey,

So many priority cases have got replies after 17 days ect so I wouldn't say it's a scam ... just not worth it for some people ...

I'm also starting to think people with high wage for example over 30k ect get their visa without any problem and anyone lower wage have to wait longer

Although I do meet the requirement myself obviously but i just meet the requirement
Other people I know earning well above the requirement have had easy visa replies oppose to people like me who just about meet it and mum solictor also said even if u earn 18,600 they still prefer u to earn over which kinda makes no sense

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:10 am

Noshr67 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:10 am
SNK wrote:
Hey,

Although I do meet the requirement myself obviously but u just meet the requirement
Other people I know earning well above the requirement have had easy visa replies
Hey Nosh

Sadly not fully true. I’m 2.5x over the wage limit and still waiting...

uj95

Post by uj95 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:57 am

Could there be a delay due to the excess amount of application from EU citizens due to Brexit also? I have heard that over 2.5million EU have applied for settlement and this could be a potential reason for delay

chloelouise10
Newly Registered

Post by chloelouise10 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:39 pm

SNK wrote:
Yazy lat wrote:

Have no idea what to do.
Hey,

Did you use priority?

Hello SNK.

I applied priority early October as well. Currently 65 WDs. My partner has some poor immigration history so I wasn't expecting a decision early but thought priority might speed up the application a little.

I received a not straight forward email at 28 WD.

At 45 WD we received an email from UKVI stating that they had not received our supporting documents. TLS had not scanned them as payment confirmation was not with the documents. I had paid PRIORITY scanning (£150) so they could be scanned within 24 hours and these had been sent 9 weeks before. My documents had been sat in London for 9 weeks and no one had thought to contact me earlier. The receipt for the payment was sent and the documents were scanned the next day. TLS have released new guidance since this but at the time the guidance did not say anything about including the receipt. I assumed (and my solicitor) that they would know you have paid for this service... apparently not.

ANYWAY I am sharing this story as it shows that priority (atleast in my case) meant nothing!!! If they had even looked at my case in the first 6 weeks they would have contacted me much earlier about the missing supporting documents.

I am going to wait 90WD and then contact my MP.

Luckily for me my husband is only a 2 hour flight away so I am visiting him every 2/3 weeks and so I am not going crazy just yet.

Please let me know when you hear anything.

All the best.

SNK

Post by SNK » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:23 pm

Hey,

You’re very lucky! 2/3 hours is reassuring. I haven’t seen my husband in 7 months and the wait is torture. It may not be a scam but for some people it might aswell be. The HO barely contact you and expect you to wait with little to no communication. I’d expect a better service considering the amount we pay regardless of the situation or a refund to some extent.

I will let you know if I hear anything as our timeline is similar, I hope we hear something soon! xx

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:11 am

No update for myself

However my solictor has said he is going to contact MP on my behalf to get an update from UKVI

I was putting off doing that for fear of rejection but solictor hopefully will know better of how to go about these things and how to word it ect

Still just a waiting game tho as unsure how long he will take to contact MP or how long MP will take to get things rolling on my behalf

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:32 am

Good morning all

Today marks 80 WD and no response. I have now sent an email to my local MP requesting support. If anyone wishes to contact their MP, here is what I’ve included in the email:

1. Intro requesting MP help
2. brief description of husband’s immigration Brief history and when we married
3. Timeline of spouse visa application
4. Paragraph confirming that I meet appendix FM requirements
5. Paragraph highlighting my desperation and frustration of the lack of no contact and no decision. And requesting MP assistance

Hope this helps

Wish me luck - nerves are unreal

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:47 am

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:32 am
Good morning all

Today marks 80 WD and no response. I have now sent an email to my local MP requesting support. If anyone wishes to contact their MP, here is what I’ve included in the email:

5. Paragraph highlighting my desperation and frustration of the lack of no contact and no decision. And requesting MP assistance

Hope this helps

Good luck hun
In sha allah u will get some positive outcome

My solictor has also emailed my MP saying that we paid priority included the timeline and husbands visa ref number ihs payment ect and wrote w dont understand what checks they are doing on my straightforward application... he hasnt gone into detail about meeting the requirements ect which is kinda making me worry and mines a short letter but in sha allah hoping cz hes wrote the case is straight forward then maybe we will get a good outcome still...

Now still nerves kicking in for MPs timeline
When they will read it
When they will take action
When they will get a response back ect

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:50 am

For xmas and new years how many days am I NOT including when calculating my timeline?

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:50 am

For xmas and new years how many days am I NOT including when calculating my timeline?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:56 am

Noshr67 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:47 am
ms1993 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:32 am
Good morning all

Hope this helps

Good luck hun
In sha allah u will get some positive outcome

My solictor has also emailed my MP saying that we paid priority included the timeline and husbands visa ref number ihs payment ect and wrote w dont understand what checks they are doing on my straightforward application... he hasnt gone into detail about meeting the requirements ect which is kinda making me worry and mines a short letter but in sha allah hoping cz hes wrote the case is straight forward then maybe we will get a good outcome still...

Now still nerves kicking in for MPs timeline
When they will read it
When they will take action
When they will get a response back ect
Don’t worry Nosh
We have different styles of writing emails / letters but to the same effect
I’m worried about the outcome but I’d rather know now than later and have wasted so long waiting for an answer

I imagine an MP will take a few days / couple of weeks but at least it’s sent and done