ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS top and application query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

urheart_beats
Newly Registered

IHS top and application query

Post by urheart_beats » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:16 pm

Hi,

I have received this email to top up my son IHS which i did at the sameday. Can anyone please read the last paragraph and guide me what does it mean?

(Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) payment needed

On 6 April 2015, the UK Government introduced a Health Surcharge payment requirement for non-EEA nationals who apply to come to the UK to work, study or join family for a period of more than 6 months. The consideration of your visa application has been deferred because you now need to make that payment.

When a record is created on the IHS portal, children are shown as exempt from IHS payment. This exemption is only applicable to children who qualify for Indefinite Leave to Enter/Remain and does not apply to those who qualify for Limited leave to Enter/Remain. At this stage, your application does not qualify for Indefinite Leave to Enter therefore the IHS payment is required.
The application has been amended for the IHS payment request. The Visa type will appear as, Settlement- Child Under 18 and Granted LLTR.)

Thanks

Klarae
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: IHS top and application query

Post by Klarae » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:59 pm

Could you give more information on the application? It would be easier to comment if we know what kind of visa application it was.

urheart_beats
Newly Registered

Post by urheart_beats » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:16 pm

I am a british citizen and my son born before i naturalised. I have made settlement suppose and child application on 1st nov 2019.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:18 pm

If you are applying for your spouse and child, then it is correct that IHS is payable and the child will get a visa of 2.5 years and not indefinite leave to enter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:29 pm

Also, please do not tag your questions into other topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

urheart_beats
Newly Registered

Post by urheart_beats » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:50 pm

I am very sorry i did knew that.

Can you please kindly also help me the last word in the last paragraph (Granted LLTR). Does this mean that application has been approved already?

Thanks

miolamaps
Newly Registered

Post by miolamaps » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:16 pm

urheart_beats wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:50 pm
I am very sorry i did knew that.

Can you please kindly also help me the last word in the last paragraph (Granted LLTR). Does this mean that application has been approved already?

Thanks
More likely you have been granted my wife Collected hers yesterday visa approved 3days after payment of IHS for 2 dependents

urheart_beats
Newly Registered

Post by urheart_beats » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:29 pm

Thanks a lot.
I hope everyone will get good outcome soon.
IN SHA ALLAH