ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stage 2 - applying from outside U.K. - is Passport retained by VFS / Spouse application

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

digger74
Newly Registered
Australia

Stage 2 - applying from outside U.K. - is Passport retained by VFS / Spouse application

Post by digger74 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:58 pm

Hello folks

I am in the process of submitting my stage 2 application and have two questions.

1) when I go in for the biometric test at the VFS Global location in my city, do I have to leave my passport with them or will they simply scan it and hand it back? I travel frequently within Europe and can’t really afford to be passport-less for much more than 3-4 weeks.

2) I have included my wife’s details in the application form (it only asks for basic details and passport number). Does she have to submit a separate application of her own (dependent to PBS applicant) or does she get considered automatically by virtue of being included in my application (and will be asked to do biometric test at the same time as me)? If separate application is required, do people normally apply after the primary applicant is approved?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Stage 2 - applying from outside U.K. - is Passport retained by VFS / Spouse application

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:04 am

1. Check if they have the keep my passport scheme. Costs extra.

2. She has to complete her own PBS dependent form. Presumably you have only paid one application fee and IHS, which would be an indication that you have only applied for yourself. Many apply together, others choose to apply separate, personal choice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

digger74
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Stage 2 - applying from outside U.K. - is Passport retained by VFS / Spouse application

Post by digger74 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:20 am

Thank you CR001

1) cant tell from their website but will ring them to find out
2) I have not submitted yet. I am at the point where I need to pay the IHS fee but have not clicked through to the step yet. Hopefully there is an option to pay both our IHS fees and application fees simultaneously. But I don’t recall an option at the start that enables me to include a full application for my wife together with mine. It simply asks for her DOB and passport number. So, when you apply together, is there one form where you fill out answers to all the immigration questions for all parties or a separate PBS Dependent form has to be filled out anyway for my wife? In that case how are the two applications linked? Do we apply for her visa after mine is approved and cross reference to mine?

It would be easier if this was clearly documented by immigration.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:26 am

The question likely asks specifically if you are travelling with someone, hence asking her details. It is not an application for her. She has to complete her own form.

You can apply for both at the same time, two separate forms, two separate fees, two separate IHS fees.

Note that your initial visa vignette will only be valid for 30 days and you must enter the UK within this time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.