ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Settlement Scheme Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fkhan1992
Newly Registered
Mood:
Netherlands

EEA National with ILR, spouse from PK

Post by Fkhan1992 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:09 pm

Hi all!

Hope everyone is well and just would like to point out you guys have got some great services running on these boards for headless chickens like myself looking for answers on questions no one seems to be able to answer! :lol: :lol:

I've got a query as I wasn't able to find out the information myself online.

I'm a Dutch born national who's lived in the UK for 7 years now, have always worked and got my ILR through the EU Settlement scheme last year.

My question is, would I have to apply for a spouse visa for my finance from Pakistan once we get married in April and I would like to bring her over to the UK? Or would I have to apply for the EEA family permit scheme?

TL:DR, spouse visa for my fiance or EEA family permit scheme as I'm a Dutch national with ILR under the EU scheme?

Would really appreciate if someone could answer my question or alternatively point me in the right direction to finding out the answers to above questions.

Thanks for reading guys!

Faz

Fkhan1992
Newly Registered
Mood:
Netherlands

Re: EEA National with ILR, spouse from PK

Post by Fkhan1992 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:26 pm

Anyone able to help? :( :( :(

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:01 am

Fkhan1992 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:09 pm
My question is, would I have to apply for a spouse visa for my finance from Pakistan once we get married in April and I would like to bring her over to the UK? Or would I have to apply for the EEA family permit scheme?
A family permit is the appropriate visa-like item.

Fkhan1992
Newly Registered
Mood:
Netherlands

Post by Fkhan1992 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:03 pm

Okay thanks for that, do I just apply for that online once we're married?

Fkhan1992
Newly Registered
Mood:
Netherlands

Post by Fkhan1992 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:55 pm

Hi guys,

Just a quick question.

Would this be the right order for me to apply for my would to be partner to come live with me in the uk:

Get married > get wedding certificate and all other documents needed as per EEU family permit > apply for EEU family permit whilst in Pakistan with my partner / or do this when I'm back in England?

I'm just a bit confused as I'm not sure what route to take, I've got settled status under the EU settlement scheme. So essentially it should be alright for me to apply for my would to be spouse once we're married in April?

Can someone please advice what the best thing would be to do in this case, apply when I'm there with her in Pakistan or once I return as I will be coming and going after April to sort out my spouse coming to live here.

Also I never got a card stating I've got ILR, I've got the online view and prove status, is it possible for people like me to get a card to prove I've got settled status here?

Appreciate anyones help.

Kindest regard

Faz

Fkhan1992
Newly Registered
Mood:
Netherlands

Post by Fkhan1992 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi guys,

Anyone able to answer the above question? Would be really, really appreciated.

Kr

Faz

Fkhan1992
Newly Registered
Mood:
Netherlands

Re: EEA National with ILR, spouse from PK Hi guys,

Post by Fkhan1992 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:03 am

Hi guys,

Just a quick question.

I'm due to get married in April to my fiance in Pakistan and I'd ofcourse like to bring her back with me to the UK, she's got the Pakistani nationality.

I'm Dutch national with settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme and have been living in the UK since 2013, full-time employed earning £19,171 per year.

My question is, do I apply for a spouse visa or for the EU Family Settlement Scheme permit? And if so, do I apply for this whilst I'm with her in PK outside of the UK or when I'm back in the UK after getting married.

Also another question, under the EU family settlement scheme, do I have to show my salary and does my fiance have to demonstrate her knowledge of English? Also, how do they go on about proving that my spouse would be allowed entry into the UK, is it an online certificate like mine under the EU settlement scheme or will she get a stamp in her passport?

Appreciate your help,

Faz

Fkhan1992
Newly Registered
Mood:
Netherlands

EEA Settlement Scheme Family Permit

Post by Fkhan1992 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:37 am

Hi all,

Quick question, was going to apply for the EEA Settlement Scheme Family Permit in April for my fiance, however, when going through the evidence required it said I only need the following:
Off Topic
You must provide:

a valid passport
evidence of your relationship to your EEA family member, for example a marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate or birth certificate
your EEA family member’s EU Settlement Scheme application number, if they have one
Don't I have to proof the following like the spouse visa?
Off Topic
You must be able to prove one of the following:

you’re in a civil partnership or marriage that’s recognised in the UK
you’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply
you are a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner and will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving
You also need to prove you:

have a good knowledge of English
can financially support yourself and your dependants
Would appreciate if someone can shed some light on this, my fiance is from Pakistan with the Pakistani nationality and I've got the Dutch nationality with settled status granted under EU settlement scheme.

Thanks for your help!

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: EEA Settlement Scheme Family Permit

Post by Richard W » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:11 pm

Fkhan1992 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:37 am
Quick question, was going to apply for the EEA Settlement Scheme Family Permit in April for my fiance
The EEA settlement scheme does not allow fiancé(e)s to travel to or remain in the UK, only spouses, durable partners and civil partners.

For these categories, the requirements and costs are far less onerous under the EEA regulations and EU settlement scheme than under the non-EU, normal UK scheme, which some would have you believe is one of the reasons the UK is leaving the EU.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:05 am

Best advice from me is.

Get married, get the marriage certificate.

Then apply family permit under EU settlement scheme.

All the details you can find on this page and you dont need alot of documents at all.

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu-set ... ily-permit
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

Fkhan1992
Newly Registered
Mood:
Netherlands

Post by Fkhan1992 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:35 pm

Richard W wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:11 pm
Fkhan1992 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:37 am
Quick question, was going to apply for the EEA Settlement Scheme Family Permit in April for my fiance
The EEA settlement scheme does not allow fiancé(e)s to travel to or remain in the UK, only spouses, durable partners and civil partners.

For these categories, the requirements and costs are far less onerous under the EEA regulations and EU settlement scheme than under the non-EU, normal UK scheme, which some would have you believe is one of the reasons the UK is leaving the EU.
Thanks a lot for the information needed Richard & hrak1978, much appreciated.

@Richard, yes do apologise for the confusion, what I meant was once I'm married to my fiance in April, then yes, I will apply for the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit.

And can't believe that's the reason people believe the UK is leaving the EU, why don't they watch the news and read up on it? Lol.