ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child care costs

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dilto119
Maldives

Child care costs

Post by dilto119 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:11 am

Hi,
Is there any way to claim child care costs back when parents are on 10 year parent route with no access to public funds? When both parents are working and paying tax, can't we request to access just child care cost support by writing to home office through a solicitor? Thank you.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Child care costs

Post by Amber » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:57 am

There may be some help available for help with childcare when subject to immigration control - https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs

Childcare costs under Universal Credit, which replaced tax credits are a public fund. You can request that the Home Office gives you access to public funds - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ces-change

If your child(ren) is/are British you can claim child benefit for them.

You must not contravene your immigration restrictions.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dilto119
Maldives

Post by dilto119 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:47 pm

Hi Amber,
Thank you for your reply. Yes my son is British and I & my wife are on 10 year parent route. On kids holidays we can't even survive with these high child care costs and we are continuously getting on debt. I checked that link and created an account. When I run the eligibility checker, it asks whether it says no access to public funds on our resident permits and when I answer yes it says we are not eligible. I was wondering if I go to a solicitor, whether he or she would be able to write to home office and get us only child care allowance.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:56 am

dilto119 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:47 pm
Hi Amber,
Thank you for your reply. Yes my son is British and I & my wife are on 10 year parent route. On kids holidays we can't even survive with these high child care costs and we are continuously getting on debt. I checked that link and created an account. When I run the eligibility checker, it asks whether it says no access to public funds on our resident permits and when I answer yes it says we are not eligible. I was wondering if I go to a solicitor, whether he or she would be able to write to home office and get us only child care allowance.
You cannot ask the Home Office for just childcare help, you can, however, ask for your restrictions to be removed, as I have stated and linked in my earlier response!
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dilto119
Maldives

Post by dilto119 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:27 am

Thank you Amber. Will requesting access to public funds from home office create issues on our future visa renewals or when applying for ILR? When we request access to public funds from home office, what do they look for and do they accept it most of the time?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:53 pm

It should not jeopardise future applications. Note:

From 6 April 2015, the NRPF policy states that applicants granted leave under the 10-year partner, parent or private life routes under the Immigration Rules, and those applicants granted leave outside the Rules under ECHR Article 8 on the basis of exceptional circumstances, will be granted leave with a NRPF condition (and this condition will not be lifted) unless they provide satisfactory evidence that:

1. they are destitute, or

2. there are particularly compelling reasons relating to the welfare of a child on account of their parent’s very low income.

Within this policy, the Secretary of State may also exercise discretion not to impose or to lift the NRPF condition if the applicant has established exceptional circumstances in their case relating to their financial circumstances which, in the view of the decision maker, require the NRPF condition not to be imposed or to be lifted. The policy states that the decision maker must consider all relevant personal and financial circumstances raised by the applicant, and any evidence of these which they have provided.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:06 pm

dilto119 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:45 pm
I heard from my friend that Home Office is going to give access to public funds to parents on 10 year parent route due to a british child on visa renewals after Brexit. Is that a true or any special changes to that visa category after Brexit? Thank you.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:09 pm

Getting access for public funds to those who have limited leave to enter/remain is based on (or the risk of) destitution, hardship or exceptional circumstances. The only exceptions to this are those who have Refugee Status, Exceptional Leave to Enter/Remain or Humanitarian Protection. S.55 Welfare of Children considerations are usually the main factor.