ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BREXIT 31st JAN

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Grand2015
Newly Registered
Ireland

BREXIT 31st JAN

Post by Grand2015 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:49 pm

Hi guys just wanted to ask a really quick question. So when brexit was supposed to happen on the 31st of October 2019 a few of the people from my county started getting letters stating that they would no longer be able to travel with Thier eu partner or spouse and that they would require a visa. For example my husband can travel with me without requiring a visa to any eu country. So obviously brexit got delayed and those letters were no longer relevant. Now because brexit is certain at the end of this month, does anyone know the stance of travelling with your EU partner. Because as far as I am aware no one has received the letters again like they did back in October.

Cheers

nojoyfrominis

Re: BREXIT 31st JAN

Post by nojoyfrominis » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:19 am

The letter sent in October clearly stated in case of no deal Brexit. Since no deal Brexit doesn’t seem possible now, same status will apply for transition period till Dec 2020. What happens after that depends on the agreements between U.K. and eu