ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) to ILR - myself and spouse and dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

daichi2mugen
Newly Registered
Japan

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) to ILR - myself and spouse and dependent

Post by daichi2mugen » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:23 pm

Please advise me on this issue.

I am with a spouse and two dependents.
2012 - 2015 entered UK as PhD student (spouse and dependent vide for the family)
2015 - 2016 Doctorate Extension Scheme visa (spouse and dependent vide for the family)
2017 March - 2022 Exceptional Talent) visa (spouse and dependent vide for the family)

As three years to IRL applies to Exceptional Talent, I would like to apply for IRL after 2020 March.

1. As we have been altogether in the UK without any gap since 2012, may I apply fr IRL for myself, spouse and family members at the same time in 2020 march?

2. Do you, as a professional, still think it is better for us to have a solicitor or lawyer to help the application? or is this much simpler that we can try to apply for ILR ourselves?

I don't think I have any issue with my history of Exceptional Talent visa endorsed by Arts Council England. I am still working in the promised sector and have earned not too much but enough money to live on.

thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) to ILR - myself and spouse and dependent

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:21 am

1. As we have been altogether in the UK without any gap since 2012, may I apply fr IRL for myself, spouse and family members at the same time in 2020 march?
Yes
2. Do you, as a professional, still think it is better for us to have a solicitor or lawyer to help the application? or is this much simpler that we can try to apply for ILR ourselves?
Not really as this should be straightforward. Apply using form SET(O)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

daichi2mugen
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by daichi2mugen » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:49 am

.....Not really as this should be straightforward. Apply using form SET(O)....

Thanks for the reply.

- For example, if we apply for ILR by ourselves, and there is some issues, will we be able to then get some support from a lawyer to re-apply. or that will be the end of it?

- If we apply for it and ILR not granted for some reasons, will my tier 1 expire or still have two years to complete?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:16 pm

- For example, if we apply for ILR by ourselves, and there is some issues, will we be able to then get some support from a lawyer to re-apply. or that will be the end of it?
Yes you can get help. However ILR under Tier 1ET is very straightforward
- If we apply for it and ILR not granted for some reasons, will my tier 1 expire or still have two years to complete?
Your current visa will remain VALID
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice