ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Start up visa/Maintenance/other issues

Only for Start-Up Visas and Innovator Visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vasilisa1
Newly Registered

Start up visa/Maintenance/other issues

Post by Vasilisa1 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:23 pm

Dear forum members!

I need clarifications on startup visa:

About myself: I have Tier 1 E visa at present.
My husband wants to apply for a separate Startup visa (he does not want to apply as a dependent).

Questions:

1) If I already have a visa (Tier 1 E), the fact that husband wants to come to UK (entry clearance) under a separate route (startup visa), is that an issue for a home office? especially the fact that my husband does not want to come as my dependent.

2) My husband previously was my dependent (long time ago when I was a student) but left UK early. He factually visited UK several times while being on dependent visa. Is this an issue for a Home Office?

3) Startup visa maintenance funds: at present, my husband does not keep maintenance funds for 90 days, he needs to wait another 40 days. However, I have sufficient funds in my personal savings account. Can I show required funds from my personal account for my husband's visa application with the letter that the funds are available for him? Will that be an issue for HOme Office?
If I am not mistaken, in any other points based system, showing required funds from spouses account was OK, but not sure for a startup visa.

Sorry, I have read all the available guidance docs but could not find any answers. Thank you for your help!

superpima
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Re: Start up visa/Maintenance/other issues

Post by superpima » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:24 am

Hi,

You might find this link useful: it is the internal guide for the Home Office for the T1 Innovation visa:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... e-v1.0.pdf

My personal opinion is that the first 2 items are not a problem, but the funds - could be an issue. I suggest you read the above guidelines carefully to see if there is anything about it.